The first rule of Meat Club...

Susan in Tennessee

Got my first delivery from Meat Club today...looking forward to lunch and dinner tonight! 4.7 kg (10.3 lbs) of Aussie restaurant-quality beef and lamb flown straight to my door, vacuum packed to last for 28 days in the fridge.

This looks great! I especially like the "28 days in the refrigerator" part! Enjoy.

Clematis

Looks wonderful! How many ounces of meat are you eating per meal? (That looks like far more meat than I could eat in a day.)

Clematis

Maybe it's a little plate and those are big zucchini slices?

(It's not an issue of sleeve size -- I just can't tolerate more than 2-3 small bites of dense protein.)

harrietvane

It's a side plate! I have about 80-100 grams (roughly 3-4 oz) of dense protein without any issue most days.

harrietvane

I should say, in a meal. I will generally try to have two 'meaty' meals, usually breakfast and dinner during the week, and lunch and dinner on the weekend.

Clematis

How much protein do you get in a day? (I'm still trying to figure out how it is possible to eat 120 gr of protein vs drinking it in protein drinks. I can only eat about 40.)

harrietvane

I tend to get about 90 grams without much effort on a weekday, and reach 120g pretty easily on the weekend. I haven't yet found a protein drink I can stomach. I snack on almonds, jerky and yoghurt; being able to add eggs back in a few times a week has helped too (and I haven't lost my poaching powers).

Part of it is also I used to be pretty seriously into Paleo eating, so I have a lot of high-protein, low-carb things that are my 'go to'. Baked eggs, scotch eggs (OK, that one is cheating a bit), grilled meat on a cast iron plate, brined chicken breast...helped make it feel less like a chore getting my dense protein in. It's a huge relief for me that my band is gone and I'm not playing roulette as to whether my meal will go down when I swallow a mouthful.

Clematis

Wow. 120g. I'm impressed.

My DS sleeve reacts like a band, I guess. It just really hates protein. And I ate Atkins protein-centric for DECADES so the last thing I expected was not to be able to eat the very thing I am supposed to eat (and like). At 6 months out, it is getting better, meaning a couple of bites of protein will stay down (yay!), just hurt like hell for a couple of hours. I only eat about 2-3 ounces of animal protein in a day (if that). The rest is greek yogurt, some almonds, maybe cheese... and 2-3 Premier Protein RTD. It has only been in the last week that I have managed to eat an egg so maybe I can add those.

Your chops look delicious! I'm felling inspired to try one for dinner. And I love zucchini sautéed in butter and garlic and sprinkled with parmesan so I want to have that too.

Gee, why don;t you post each of your meals so I can copy them and not have to think about meal planning? :)

harrietvane

The best kitchen 'appliance' I bought last year was a Le Creuset cast iron grill plate. Cooking for one can be a pain in the ass, but it's super easy to throw some meat on and some sliced zucchini or eggplant for a simple meal.

I also roast veg (pumpkin, mostly) once a week then box up what I don't eat, and reheat in the oven with a brined chicken breast wrapped in foil throughout the week.

I'm pretty damn lazy in the kitchen, which has been the biggest adjustment post-op for me.