The first rule of Meat Club...

harrietvane

Got my first delivery from Meat Club today...looking forward to lunch and dinner tonight! 4.7 kg (10.3 lbs) of Aussie restaurant-quality beef and lamb flown straight to my door, vacuum packed to last for 28 days in the fridge.

sdm4Bgl.jpg

Got my first delivery from Meat Club today...looking forward to lunch and dinner tonight! 4.7 kg (10.3 lbs) of Aussie restaurant-quality beef and lamb flown straight to my door, vacuum packed to last for 28 days in the fridge.

sdm4Bgl.jpg
This looks great! I especially like the "28 days in the refrigerator" part! Enjoy.

I want some of those lamb chops! I love me some lamb chops. :D

And lol, only a place like this would have people excited about pictures of meat! Love it, but how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat.....my age is probably showing with that one.

Looks wonderful! How many ounces of meat are you eating per meal? (That looks like far more meat than I could eat in a day.)

Maybe it's a little plate and those are big zucchini slices?

(It's not an issue of sleeve size -- I just can't tolerate more than 2-3 small bites of dense protein.)

I should say, in a meal. I will generally try to have two 'meaty' meals, usually breakfast and dinner during the week, and lunch and dinner on the weekend.

How much protein do you get in a day? (I'm still trying to figure out how it is possible to eat 120 gr of protein vs drinking it in protein drinks. I can only eat about 40.)

I tend to get about 90 grams without much effort on a weekday, and reach 120g pretty easily on the weekend. I haven't yet found a protein drink I can stomach. I snack on almonds, jerky and yoghurt; being able to add eggs back in a few times a week has helped too (and I haven't lost my poaching powers).

Part of it is also I used to be pretty seriously into Paleo eating, so I have a lot of high-protein, low-carb things that are my 'go to'. Baked eggs, scotch eggs (OK, that one is cheating a bit), grilled meat on a cast iron plate, brined chicken breast...helped make it feel less like a chore getting my dense protein in. It's a huge relief for me that my band is gone and I'm not playing roulette as to whether my meal will go down when I swallow a mouthful.

Wow. 120g. I'm impressed.

My DS sleeve reacts like a band, I guess. It just really hates protein. And I ate Atkins protein-centric for DECADES so the last thing I expected was not to be able to eat the very thing I am supposed to eat (and like). At 6 months out, it is getting better, meaning a couple of bites of protein will stay down (yay!), just hurt like hell for a couple of hours. I only eat about 2-3 ounces of animal protein in a day (if that). The rest is greek yogurt, some almonds, maybe cheese... and 2-3 Premier Protein RTD. It has only been in the last week that I have managed to eat an egg so maybe I can add those.

Your chops look delicious! I'm felling inspired to try one for dinner. And I love zucchini sautéed in butter and garlic and sprinkled with parmesan so I want to have that too.

Gee, why don;t you post each of your meals so I can copy them and not have to think about meal planning? :)

The best kitchen 'appliance' I bought last year was a Le Creuset cast iron grill plate. Cooking for one can be a pain in the ass, but it's super easy to throw some meat on and some sliced zucchini or eggplant for a simple meal.

I also roast veg (pumpkin, mostly) once a week then box up what I don't eat, and reheat in the oven with a brined chicken breast wrapped in foil throughout the week.

I'm pretty damn lazy in the kitchen, which has been the biggest adjustment post-op for me.

Latest posts

Back