Syntrax Nectars Sample Pack Review

Tabitha

Ok here is my review of the Syntrax Nectar sample pack I bought. You get a random mix of 12. I wanted to try the Caribbean Cooler, but it wasn't in mine. I love coconut.
I mixed all with 8 oz of water, unless otherwise stated. I found that all of these taste better if you mix them up, and let them sit about 5 min. I don't know why but they taste better if you do.
Since surgery my taste buds have changed. Things never used to be sweet enough, now almost all sweets are too sweet and make me gag. Tart things now bother me more. I seem to be sensitive to things that make me pucker. So your mileage will vary.
Crystal Sky- Blue color, dissolved very well and easily. Taste like a tart fruit punch. Tastes much better with some stevia mixed in. On its own it is too tart for me. Does have an after taste and protein powder smell to me though. It does remind me of sweet tarts candy if you like those. I don't. 2/5 stars.
Apple Ecstasy- Bright Green, smells very appley, does not mix well though. I had to put it into my shaker cup, and there was still clumps. The taste is really good though. It tastes exactly like green apple candy. It is tart. I did mix in a little stevia, and liked it a lot better. No after taste, and no protein smell. 4/5 stars
Strawberry Kiwi- Bright pink, smells yummy, no protein smell. Had to put in my blender cup to mix well. Taste just like strawberry candy. This is really yummy. Kind of taste like strawberry milk. Sweet, and no stevia needed. 5/5
Fuzzy Navel- Bright Yellow, mixed with a spoon very easily. No protein smell. Taste like peach and orange mixed together. I was expecting a stronger peach flavor, still good though. The more I sip, the more I taste orange flavor and no peach. 5/5
Twisted Cherry- Bright red, mixed easily with spoon. No protein smell. This surprised me. I was expecting tart cherry, but it was sweet. Taste like a cherry and cream candy. It does have a slight after taste, so let it set a few minutes to let the flavor mix better. It wasn't too bad.3/5
Lemon Tea- Brown tea color, mixed with spoon but had to let it set so some of the clumps would melt. Slight protein smell. I had no expectations of this flavor. I didn't think I would like it, but I do. It does taste like lemon tea, with a splash of "milk" taste. If you don't mind the milk after taste, this would be great in the summer. I may actually buy some for the summer, as I love Iced Tea. 4/5
Strawberry Mouse- Light pink color, mixed easy with a spoon. No protein smell, but very strong artificial strawberry smell. Taste like watered down strawberry milk. Wasn't crazy about this one. 1/5
Cookies and Cream- Has pieces of cookie in it, doesn't mix up all the way. If you are a fan of pieces in your drink, you might like it, but I do not. The taste with 8 oz water is very watered down and I do not like it. At all. Ick. So far all have been at least tolerable, this one was bad and I had to choke it down and try not to gag. I found this one rather disgusting. 0/5
Cappuccino- I did this one differently. I did not mix it with water, as I thought that would be gross. I mixed the protein powder into a mix of vanilla creamer, almond milk and a splash of heavy cream. Then I mixed that into coffee, and added a squirt of sugar free chocolate syrup. This is divine. I love it. Taste like a chocolatey expensive mocha. I am going to order a big one of these. Maybe two. LOL. 5/5
Chocolate Truffle- Mixed with 8 oz almond milk. This taste exactly like rich chocolate milk. It is delicious. No protein smell. Mixed with a spoon without any issues. Another I want to order a big one of. 5/5
Vanilla Bean Torte- Mixed with 8 oz almond milk, and added a couple tablespoons of heavy cream. This tastes like a vanilla milkshake. The richness of the cream makes this taste extremely decadent. This was delicious too. No protein smell. Mixed it up with a spoon. It did have floaties, but I didn't mind them. It has a very rich vanilla taste, like it had been soaking in a vanilla bean pod all day. 5/5
Pink Grapefruit- I hate grapefruit. I haven't tried this one, and do not want too.

I am going to order the Cappuccino, Chocolate, and Strawberry Kiwi. Just checking now on the best prices for them. The strawberry kiwi, is awesome to me because it taste like a juice or kool-aid. You do not feel like you are drinking a protein drink which is awesome. I can put two scoops in a cup and keep it there, and take it anywhere, just add some water. Voila 46 grams of protein and 16 oz of my water for the day. That is a win/win to me. If I need a quick shot of protein, just mixing it with a couple ounces of water and making it like a shooter would work too, and it would taste like candy.

Ok here is my review of the Syntrax Nectar sample pack I bought. You get a random mix of 12. I wanted to try the Caribbean Cooler, but it wasn't in mine. I love coconut.
I mixed all with 8 oz of water, unless otherwise stated. I found that all of these taste better if you mix them up, and let them sit about 5 min. I don't know why but they taste better if you do.
Since surgery my taste buds have changed. Things never used to be sweet enough, now almost all sweets are too sweet and make me gag. Tart things now bother me more. I seem to be sensitive to things that make me pucker. So your mileage will vary.
Crystal Sky- Blue color, dissolved very well and easily. Taste like a tart fruit punch. Tastes much better with some stevia mixed in. On its own it is too tart for me. Does have an after taste and protein powder smell to me though. It does remind me of sweet tarts candy if you like those. I don't. 2/5 stars.
Apple Ecstasy- Bright Green, smells very appley, does not mix well though. I had to put it into my shaker cup, and there was still clumps. The taste is really good though. It tastes exactly like green apple candy. It is tart. I did mix in a little stevia, and liked it a lot better. No after taste, and no protein smell. 4/5 stars
Strawberry Kiwi- Bright pink, smells yummy, no protein smell. Had to put in my blender cup to mix well. Taste just like strawberry candy. This is really yummy. Kind of taste like strawberry milk. Sweet, and no stevia needed. 5/5
Fuzzy Navel- Bright Yellow, mixed with a spoon very easily. No protein smell. Taste like peach and orange mixed together. I was expecting a stronger peach flavor, still good though. The more I sip, the more I taste orange flavor and no peach. 5/5
Twisted Cherry- Bright red, mixed easily with spoon. No protein smell. This surprised me. I was expecting tart cherry, but it was sweet. Taste like a cherry and cream candy. It does have a slight after taste, so let it set a few minutes to let the flavor mix better. It wasn't too bad.3/5
Lemon Tea- Brown tea color, mixed with spoon but had to let it set so some of the clumps would melt. Slight protein smell. I had no expectations of this flavor. I didn't think I would like it, but I do. It does taste like lemon tea, with a splash of "milk" taste. If you don't mind the milk after taste, this would be great in the summer. I may actually buy some for the summer, as I love Iced Tea. 4/5
Strawberry Mouse- Light pink color, mixed easy with a spoon. No protein smell, but very strong artificial strawberry smell. Taste like watered down strawberry milk. Wasn't crazy about this one. 1/5
Cookies and Cream- Has pieces of cookie in it, doesn't mix up all the way. If you are a fan of pieces in your drink, you might like it, but I do not. The taste with 8 oz water is very watered down and I do not like it. At all. Ick. So far all have been at least tolerable, this one was bad and I had to choke it down and try not to gag. I found this one rather disgusting. 0/5
Cappuccino- I did this one differently. I did not mix it with water, as I thought that would be gross. I mixed the protein powder into a mix of vanilla creamer, almond milk and a splash of heavy cream. Then I mixed that into coffee, and added a squirt of sugar free chocolate syrup. This is divine. I love it. Taste like a chocolatey expensive mocha. I am going to order a big one of these. Maybe two. LOL. 5/5
Chocolate Truffle- Mixed with 8 oz almond milk. This taste exactly like rich chocolate milk. It is delicious. No protein smell. Mixed with a spoon without any issues. Another I want to order a big one of. 5/5
Vanilla Bean Torte- Mixed with 8 oz almond milk, and added a couple tablespoons of heavy cream. This tastes like a vanilla milkshake. The richness of the cream makes this taste extremely decadent. This was delicious too. No protein smell. Mixed it up with a spoon. It did have floaties, but I didn't mind them. It has a very rich vanilla taste, like it had been soaking in a vanilla bean pod all day. 5/5
Pink Grapefruit- I hate grapefruit. I haven't tried this one, and do not want too.

hey Tabitha, what site did you get the samples on?

hey Tabitha, what site did you get the samples on?
They have a number you can call to order 12 samples. It cost $12, and then $1.99 for shipping for a total of $13.99. I thought it was a great deal, and they are really worth trying. Just ask for the bariatric sample kit. The number is: 1-866-333-7403 ext 803
They told me about 7-10 days. It took the full time for me to get mine.

Loved your review. I think I'll try that sampler, too. However, your body will only metabolize 30 mg. of protein at one time so anything in excess of that is wasted money and effort. Drink your first drink of 30 mg and then another and another if you want....just 1 hour, minimum, separation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved your review. I think I'll try that sampler, too. However, your body will only metabolize 30 mg. of protein at one time so anything in excess of that is wasted money and effort. Drink your first drink of 30 mg and then another and another if you want....just 1 hour, minimum, separation.

I have heard this before - and also that it isn't true. be interested in what others have to say about it.

my WAG (wild ass guess) is that people are different and how much protein they can process at once would vary.

Thanks Tabitha! I just put my order in today, too. It'll be nice to have some new packages to open when I get back from California/surgery! Love the review idea!

Oh I did try grapefruit. I choked it down because I didn't want to throw it out. It wasn't terrible, just not a fan of grapefruit. The good news, is it tastes EXACTLY like grapefruit juice, so if you like it, then go for it.

Just FYI, a Walmart near me has Body Fortress Whey Isolate in 2 lb containers for $21 in Vanilla Creme. I bought one to try it and compare to the vanilla bean torte by Syntrax Nectar. The taste is very similar. It mixes very easily, and has no protein smell. Is it as good as the Syntrax, No. It is however about half the price, and it doesn't taste bad at all. I mixed it into my morning coffee this morning, with almond milk, a splash of cream, and sf chocolate syrup. Taste pretty darn good. I am still going to order the Strawberry Kiwi.

Thanks for your review, we seem to have similar taste buds :) I have now got the fuzzy navel and choc truffle coming....already have a stash of cappuccino, strawberry kiwi and lemonade. :)

Latest posts

Back