Surgery tomorrow

Well, I can't really tell what's causing the diarrhea. It's only happened twice and both times I could hold it, it wasn't even an emergency really. But it was a lot of bile.

I was afraid I'd miss it. May as well recover from that now while I'm already recovering vs getting it done later and basically starting this nonsense over again.
Diarrhea in the early weeks is common. Nothing to do with bile. Lots to do with the fact that you are on liquids and your guts are pissed as hell at you. Once you start your vitamins esp calcium and switch to soft foods, that clears up.

I had the runs for a good month. It's normal. Take is slow. My Dr. had me on liquids protein only for three weeks. It worked out well. But was dull, but it got better. Honestly, don't push the food. Your tummy is unhappy at you now. It needs TLC to heal.

It doesn't actually burn at the exit point so maybe it's not acid bile diarrhea and just plain old, screwed with my dogestdigsystem diarrhea.

Slept for a solid night for the first time last night. I feel like I've been kicked by a donkey. Mornings are always the worst for me.

Im getting the ispure diwn really easily so I couldn't see any reason to ration it (except it's ungodly expensive) so I actually got about 80g of protein yesterday. I just wanna heql quickly.

It doesn't actually burn at the exit point so maybe it's not acid bile diarrhea and just plain old, screwed with my dogestdigsystem diarrhea.

Slept for a solid night for the first time last night. I feel like I've been kicked by a donkey. Mornings are always the worst for me.

Im getting the ispure diwn really easily so I couldn't see any reason to ration it (except it's ungodly expensive) so I actually got about 80g of protein yesterday. I just wanna heql quickly.
While your incisions will heal quickly, it still takes 6-8 weeks for the insides to heal. Don't rush the healing. Let your body do it's job. Getting in that much protein is awesome.

I won't stop touting that isopure. It's the only clear protein I've ever found and it doesn't turn my stomach. Just like juice.

And Isopure to me is tolerable but only a few specific flavors. Most of them are just nasty. This is why we tell people to find a protein drink they like post op that they can afford is best.

Yeah, I just poured the blue raspberry and it's awful. Which is unfortunate because I ordered twelve online....guess I'll be mixing it into stuff

Yeah, I just poured the blue raspberry and it's awful. Which is unfortunate because I ordered twelve online....guess I'll be mixing it into stuff
And blue raspberry was one I could tolerate, along with the grape. My protein level is exactly where it needs to be now without relying on protein shakes. Last test was a 7.0

The muscle pain is real what's killing me now. My back and hips and ab muscles are so weak and tired I can barely walk.

I took my first shower. It was an ordeal and I didn't think I'd make it back to my chair. I feel cleaner but so weak and so ill.

You will be amazed how much better you feel in a week or two - Think how much better you feel now than the day after surgery. Really - you're about to turn the corner. And without overdoing, do as much as you can each day - it will pay off in being able to do even more then next day. Because not only are you healing - you're losing weight!

You will be amazed how much better you feel in a week or two - Think how much better you feel now than the day after surgery. Really - you're about to turn the corner. And without overdoing, do as much as you can each day - it will pay off in being able to do even more then next day. Because not only are you healing - you're losing weight!

The scale is actually already down 15 pounds from surgery day =) I'm hoping it's real and not just scale differences. I'm just not used to not being able to do simple things like shower or get dressed.

So...everything has been going well. Healing nicely, I'm up and about. Felt pretty good about the future.

But today it happened...I ignored my body's warnings and was just a handful of seconds too late to make it to the bathroom. Thankfully I was alone at home and could deal with my shame.

Needless to say, it was a huge hit to my confidence. Im trying not to allow depression to get to me but I need to know...

This gets better, right?

Latest posts

Back