Surgery tomorrow

Ainu

The day is finally upon me and it's suddenly hitting me how terrified I am. Moving into the new house really distracted me from the reality of the procedure but I can't ignore it anymore.

I wonder if it's right for me. If I'll regret having it done. I try and remember everyone saying how worth it it is once the havheal is over. I still have fears of vitamin deficiencies, diarrhea, weakness, sickness, etc.

I try and remind myself of the constant pain I'm in from being fat, how I can't have sex with my fiance because we're both too fat. I remind myself that I can't go for long walks because of my feet and back. I don't like going to social events because I feel like a boulder. I can't find clothes that fit me and look nice. I can't buckle the seat belt in some of the busses.

I try and remind myself of all of this but I'm still freaking terrified.

I'm 11 months out.
I was just remembering how scared I was, and afterwards thinking that I made the biggest mistake of my life.

Now I think about how great I feel and how much energy I have. My mind seems clearer, my feet don't hurt, I feel strong and I feel I can do anything I want to do. For the first time in my life I feel good about how I look.

Scared is normal, probably thinking you screwed up afterwards is normal but when you discover the new you and the possibilities of your new life you will be glad you did it.

Being scared is normal. It’s a huge step in taking charge of our health.

I was an oddball, I damned near skipped to the OR. Can you imagine a 56 year old morbidly obese woman skipping? I was more than ready. And the ONLY moment of buyers remorse I had afterward was discovering that I was severely lactose intolerant.

I know lactose intolerance is a common side effect which is kinda sad but certainly not a deal breaker.

My pre-op diet wasn't the best and I'm hoping it won't hurt anything.
I'm 29 and I've been fat since I was 8 years old. I'm tired of it. I want to enjoy at least some of my youth.

Note: I'm posting on my phone which makes seeing what a write difficult. I'm sorry for any spelling and grammar errors.

Last edited:
Oh! My fiance installed my bidet toilet seat. Absolutely a life changer!

I've got my pills all divided out for the next month, all of the final bitaminv ordered as well.

My hospital bag is mostly packed. Got a robe (insane trying to find a robe that's not "one side fits all) my Kindle, Nintendo DS, laptop, chargers, extension cord.

Got a robe (insane trying to find a robe that's not "one side fits all) my Kindle, Nintendo DS, laptop, chargers, extension cord.
I just used a second hospital gown put on "backwards" to avoid exposing my backside.

Leave your laptop at home. Use your phone instead.

Add a pair of clean underwear. And take a pillow to leave in the car for your ride home. Leave all jewelry at home.

You will be fine! Just imagine the regret you'd have if you DID'T go forward!

Oh, there's no way I'm going to back out now . I'm scared, but I know this is right for me. I'm just trying to look into the future when I'm healthy. Keep myself busy and hopefully tomorrow will fly by

By now you are probably in the OR, or at least at the hospital. Wishing you a safe and successful surgery and an easy, uneventful recovery.

Latest posts

Back