Surgery TOMORROW!

vanishingirl

Hi everyone....my vsg is scheduled for 7:00 in the morning. I have to be there at 5:30.

I am scared. I know that is normal, but I left my 2 year old and 6 year old 80 miles away at my parent's house tonight, and my husband works night shifts and won't even get off work until 8:00am, so I am really alone right now! I wish I had a good distraction right now.

I had an easy pre-op diet (which I think I kept pretty well - it had lots of choices and I hope I did good enough!), and lost around 13 lbs in the past few weeks. I actually think that the fact that me "liver shrinking diet" wasn't liquid and allowed things like small portions of pasta, bread, and other starches, was beneficial, as it reinforced making good choices, instead of having them made for me. I've had two protein shakes today, and one bite of ground beef. No special plan today, as long as I don't eat or drink after midnight.

I'll try to round up some more vsg-er's, since there are so few of us on here!

wow, I wish I'd seen this earlier, you might already be in surgery - hope to hear of you being through and on the other side, good luck!!

Latest posts

Back