Surgery Angels still around?

Doctorblue

So, as was expected, my insurance denied my pre-approval (after mistakenly being told it was covered) because of Bariatric exclusions. So, still determining my Dr. options. I’ve recently learned that Dr. Keshishian’s self pay cost is much less than I had originally found in my research. I need to double check and make sure I got the full price estimate, including Hospital fees and what not, but if the price I was quoted was all-inclusive, it’s much more doable than I thought.

I was originally going to use Dr. Ayoola, as he’s within an hour’s flight from me, if I had insurance coverage. If I didn’t, I was planning on going to Esquerra. However, since I’ve learned that Kesheshian’s cost is on par with A and E, I’m considering him, as it seems like he’s the best of the best, or at least close to, of DS doctors. Since this will be my third WLS, I can imagine there’s probably some scar tissue buildup, so the more experienced the better!

Now, all that backstory for my question, lol. Dr. K’s office said they would want me in Cali for a few weeks. They said they also require a companion. I haven’t gotten more details as far as if that’s just someone to check in on me, or someone around me 24/7 (I was waiting on insurance confirmation before I dived in too deep with any doctors.)

I know I’ve seen mention of surgery angels in this group, but wasn’t exactly sure what it meant. I assume it means someone to check in on you? Can anyone guide me to more information regarding that? Thank you so much for any help anyone can provide.

So, as was expected, my insurance denied my pre-approval (after mistakenly being told it was covered) because of Bariatric exclusions. So, still determining my Dr. options. I’ve recently learned that Dr. Keshishian’s self pay cost is much less than I had originally found in my research. I need to double check and make sure I got the full price estimate, including Hospital fees and what not, but if the price I was quoted was all-inclusive, it’s much more doable than I thought.

I was originally going to use Dr. Ayoola, as he’s within an hour’s flight from me, if I had insurance coverage. If I didn’t, I was planning on going to Esquerra. However, since I’ve learned that Kesheshian’s cost is on par with A and E, I’m considering him, as it seems like he’s the best of the best, or at least close to, of DS doctors. Since this will be my third WLS, I can imagine there’s probably some scar tissue buildup, so the more experienced the better!

Now, all that backstory for my question, lol. Dr. K’s office said they would want me in Cali for a few weeks. They said they also require a companion. I haven’t gotten more details as far as if that’s just someone to check in on me, or someone around me 24/7 (I was waiting on insurance confirmation before I dived in too deep with any doctors.)

I know I’ve seen mention of surgery angels in this group, but wasn’t exactly sure what it meant. I assume it means someone to check in on you? Can anyone guide me to more information regarding that? Thank you so much for any help anyone can provide.

I don't consider myself a surgery angel because even though I've had the DS for 5 years I still feel my medical knowledge is limited because I don't really have a head for reading research/data/charts, etc., but I do live in the LA area, so if I can be of help in some way, please feel free to PM me. Good luck!

I don't consider myself a surgery angel because even though I've had the DS for 5 years I still feel my medical knowledge is limited because I don't really have a head for reading research/data/charts, etc., but I do live in the LA area, so if I can be of help in some way, please feel free to PM me. Good luck!
Thank you so much for the offer. I'm still in planning stages, but I might just take you up on it!

Latest posts

Back