surgery #3 leak #2

Dawn

So the pain was caused by another leak gone septic. I had surgery today and gave a feeding tube and 2 drains for 6 week. I give up. :-(.

RNY to DS (or, speciifically, pouch to sleeve) is the hardest revision surgery. A high complication rate is to be expected. It seems to me that complications happen more often than not. Almost EVERYONE eventually gets better.

are you still in the hospital? I hope you had a different surgeon this time!! you can give up but only temporarily, until you feel better. you WILL feel better at some point.

:5grouphug:

Don't give up! You are getting the care you need. Leaks are far more common with this type of revision than with a virgin DS, but as I said before, it's the failure to recognize and treat the leak that will get ya, and by now your surgeon has recognized and appropriately dealt with the leak.
Yes, you still have a long road ahead of you, but if you and your surgeon hang in there you can and will get through this. I'm so glad you took that fever seriously and got the help you needed. Whit went through something similar to this, and others have as well. And she's doing great now! So one day at a time, one foot in front of the other, and we will be here with you every step of the way.

Thinking about you swinging critters and sending up prayers so all bases are covered. I know you can't see it now but believe us when we say it is so worth it in the end! Big Hugs. (((((()))))

So sorry about all the complications, Dawn.
Question for those that had to travel for their revision- if complications arose and you were already back home, who did the surgery for the complication, if surgery was indicated? I am starting the process for Dr. K. and that concerns me a great deal. I'm in Ohio and he's in CA. Not an ideal situation.
Thanks.

are you still in the hospital? I hope you had a different surgeon this time!! you can give up but only temporarily, until you feel better. you WILL feel better at some point.

:5grouphug:
Yes I'm still in the hospital. Funny you should mention the surgeon. My original surgeon is away for the weekend so I had the main surgeon for the bariatric program.

Don't give up! You are getting the care you need. Leaks are far more common with this type of revision than with a virgin DS, but as I said before, it's the failure to recognize and treat the leak that will get ya, and by now your surgeon has recognized and appropriately dealt with the leak.
Yes, you still have a long road ahead of you, but if you and your surgeon hang in there you can and will get through this. I'm so glad you took that fever seriously and got the help you needed. Whit went through something similar to this, and others have as well. And she's doing great now! So one day at a time, one foot in front of the other, and we will be here with you every step of the way.
Thank you larra I appreciate your encouragement so much right now. Im glad I went to emerge too. I'm just scared and frustrated. I still have the stricture too :-(.

So sorry about all the complications, Dawn.
Question for those that had to travel for their revision- if complications arose and you were already back home, who did the surgery for the complication, if surgery was indicated? I am starting the process for Dr. K. and that concerns me a great deal. I'm in Ohio and he's in CA. Not an ideal situation.
Thanks.
The surgeon in my home town wouldn't even consult the case. I was given no choice but to travel to the bariatric hospital.

Latest posts

Back