Surgeon does not do Hess Method

What matters most is what YOU do with your DS! I am just saying it's NOT an exact science.

Try not to fall into the trap of OMG I am losing too much! I can't even tell you how many people do this when they get close to goal. Actually your real target should be about 10% under goal because almost everyone has some bounceback. Anyway people drive themselves crazy over this and start eating. They stop losing. Then the bounceback happens. And here they are 2 years later still trying to lose the last 40lbs.

So my target should be like around 140 with hopes of bouncing back to 160?

I had 150cc, and dipped to 100 lbs. I now am 124, but struggle to stay up.

For me, it was a too tiny sleeve.

Really? How tall are you? Both weights would make me look skeletal but wow.
I am 5'2", and yes, I was too thin. But I listened to all these vets and chilled out. Waited for my bounceback, ate Reeses in front of irritating people, and took my vitamins. Ate protein, kept my labs up. I still would do it again in a heartbeat. Best decision ever.

I am 5'2", and yes, I was too thin. But I listened to all these vets and chilled out. Waited for my bounceback, ate Reeses in front of irritating people, and took my vitamins. Ate protein, kept my labs up. I still would do it again in a heartbeat. Best decision ever.
You were like supermodel thin!

My CC is 50. Done by Dr K. He adjusted mine according to facts about me. Black short women loose less. Although my primary care Dr thinks he screwed me I'm happy.
I'm black and 5'6! What will that mean for me I wonder?!

Really? How tall are you? Both weights would make me look skeletal but wow.
I doubt you’d look “skeletal” at 5’6” and 124 lbs, nor would that be considered supermodel thin. People get used to us being a certain size and when we finally reach normal BMI they may say inaccurate and mean comments. Don’t listen to them or let others influence or sabotage your weight loss. Your doctors are best able to assess the appropriate weight for you, even bearing in mind they could have a personal bias on an ideal body shape.

I’m 5’8” and got down as low as 115 lbs but Dr Keshishian was not overly concerned as he expected my weight to rebound to a higher weight, which it has. Even when I was low weight, my labs and other health metrics were great; then once Dr K performed hernia repair surgery (post-WLS), my reflux improved, I’ve been able to consume more calories, and have gained 10 lbs.

(Note that I’m a gastric bypass patient with pre-WLS history of GERD and Barrett’s esophagus, and a family history of esophageal cancer.)

Last edited:
I doubt you’d look “skeletal” at 5’6” and 124 lbs, nor would that be considered supermodel thin. People get used to us being a certain size and when we finally reach normal BMI they may say inaccurate and mean comments. Don’t listen to them or let others influence or sabotage your weight loss. Your doctors are best able to assess the appropriate weight for you, even bearing in mind they could have a personal bias on an ideal body shape.

I’m 5’8” and got down as low as 115 lbs but Dr Keshishian was not overly concerned as he expected my weight to rebound to a higher weight, which it has. Even when I was low weight, my labs and other health metrics were great; then once Dr K performed hernia repair surgery (post-WLS), my reflux improved, I’ve been able to consume more calories, and have gained 10 lbs.

(Note that I’m a gastric bypass patient with pre-WLS history of GERD and Barrett’s esophagus, and a family history of esophageal cancer.)

I was being mostly facetious.

Just so you can see the variation -- I am 3 years post-op had Hess method (RNY to DS). I am 5'3" and about 141 pounds (in my mid-50's) and I wear a size 6.

Other end of the spectrum: I have a 175 common channel since my starting BMI just barely made the cut off. At 5’4”, I saw 121 for my lowest and now sit for the last 3 weeks due to medication snafu, at 147. I wear a size 8 comfortably in jeans.

Latest posts

Back