Sunday Weigh In (9/7/2014)

@newanatomy - Happy belated ==> Virgos rock! Mine coming up in a week...
And unfortunately - I'm in the minority here. I don't weigh every day - or even every month. I weigh in when I have a doctor's appointment. There was a point in my life that weighing in became so... almost a religion. A bad religion. The numbers fluxuate and if I were up a pound I'd tend to starve for the day and on the reverse - if I were down a pound I'd binge. It was a horrible cycle that I found almost impossible to break. So when I had surgery I decided that I wouldn't even think about doing that craziness again. So - I decided I will not even own a scale. So I don't.

Anyway - glad to celebrate with you who are all on a damn roll WOW! I've got onederland jealousy. If it weren't for the damn munchies.....
di-UIP2.gif

Seriously though ==> Cheers to the losers and cheers to the maintainers. And if you happen to have been up a pound like I was at my last weigh-in (blush) then here's good vybes for a better tomorrow LOL. To success. Love it!!!!!!!
cheersc.gif

J.

@MsJacquiiC, I spent decades not owning a scale. So it's far easier FOR me to see it just a tool in my arsenal of tools...other ones are the way clothes fit, how I feel, etc.

Not everyone here uses a scale for their weekly posts and are encouraged to post using whatever way they want...I know @JackieOnLine uses clothing (pants in particular) and her adherence to getting in the proper foods/liquids/vitamins as her weekly benchmark. This is more about being aware of where you are week to week (even without the scale).

The ones still in the losing phase get the attaboys that feel good to the soul. The ones in maintenance use this as an accountability to making good choices week to week regardless of getting on the scale OR NOT!

One thing we do is tell everyone, esp newbies, that the scale is JUST an evil tool that will fluctuate/stall, ect as you lose. A far better way to see how you are doing is clothing, how a person FEELS, etc.

@MsJacquiiC you positive energy, I love it :)
Well thank you! I can be a bit bubbly every now and then LOL
A smile is infectious - so I like to share 'em!

@MsJacquiiC, I spent decades not owning a scale. So it's far easier FOR me to see it just a tool in my arsenal of tools...other ones are the way clothes fit, how I feel, etc.

Not everyone here uses a scale for their weekly posts and are encouraged to post using whatever way they want...I know @JackieOnLine uses clothing (pants in particular) and her adherence to getting in the proper foods/liquids/vitamins as her weekly benchmark. This is more about being aware of where you are week to week (even without the scale).

The ones still in the losing phase get the attaboys that feel good to the soul. The ones in maintenance use this as an accountability to making good choices week to week regardless of getting on the scale OR NOT!

One thing we do is tell everyone, esp newbies, that the scale is JUST an evil tool that will fluctuate/stall, ect as you lose. A far better way to see how you are doing is clothing, how a person FEELS, etc.
We're gonna have to get a "Love!" button LOL
Seriously - you've posted exactly how I feel - especially as for using the way you feel or how your clothing fits as a benchmark. This is how I've been gauging my progress for the most part. I walk 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day 3-4 days or more a week. I NEVER would have been able to do so before surgery. I *feel* better than I did when I was in highschool actually: more energy, stronger mentally and physically. I actually *feel* fit!

Dr. Boyce and I never really set a goal weight. I didn't necessarily like the pressure of that. And long story, short ==> He told me almost exactly what you've just written.
What's that about great minds and kindred spirits?!...

J.

Dr. Boyce and I never really set a goal weight. I didn't necessarily like the pressure of that. And long story, short ==> He told me almost exactly what you've just written.
What's that about great minds and kindred spirits?!...

J.
He and I never set a goal weight either. And TBH, it's what I taught my daughter...she was 10 when her dad and I married. She was scale obsessed and I didn't even own a scale. I told her to go by the fit of her clothes and the only time she got weighed was at doctor appts. She did say, well, I can weigh at other's houses..I said, yes, you can because I can't control you every min nor do I want to do that. But go by how you FEEL not an arbitrary number on a machine. She was almost 22 before she even owned her own scale. (She is a very healthy BMI, totally normal size and in great shape.

@newanatomy - Happy belated ==> Virgos rock! Mine coming up in a week...
And unfortunately - I'm in the minority here. I don't weigh every day - or even every month. I weigh in when I have a doctor's appointment. There was a point in my life that weighing in became so... almost a religion. A bad religion. The numbers fluxuate and if I were up a pound I'd tend to starve for the day and on the reverse - if I were down a pound I'd binge. It was a horrible cycle that I found almost impossible to break. So when I had surgery I decided that I wouldn't even think about doing that craziness again. So - I decided I will not even own a scale. So I don't.

Anyway - glad to celebrate with you who are all on a damn roll WOW! I've got onederland jealousy. If it weren't for the damn munchies.....
di-UIP2.gif

Seriously though ==> Cheers to the losers and cheers to the maintainers. And if you happen to have been up a pound like I was at my last weigh-in (blush) then here's good vybes for a better tomorrow LOL. To success. Love it!!!!!!!
cheersc.gif

J.

Thanks! I love what you are doing with this place!!

Latest posts

Back