Sunday Weigh In (9/4/2016)

Kids here for the weekend. I'm worried outlay Grandaughter she is 10 and obese not overweight but obese. How do I talk to my obese stepdaughter? I have to think of a tactful but clear way to bring it up. I think this is for another post...sorry

I stayed the same 132

Feeling good but tiered and a bit down. I need to reassess myvitamins and food intake. Neither of which are adequate...

Have a great week all

Whit

2 weeks ago 245
TW 238

The inches are coming off faster than the pounds at this point, but I'm OK with that! I'm now re-donating clothes I bought at the thrift store to buy smaller ones, it's a great feeling... Down 5 full sizes now, and it feels great .

Got my first set of labs back and they looked great. Life is good. Now only if I could get my hair to stay in my head, oh well, I'm sure it will grow back. (I've lost about 60℅ of it so far)

Kids here for the weekend. I'm worried outlay Grandaughter she is 10 and obese not overweight but obese. How do I talk to my obese stepdaughter? I have to think of a tactful but clear way to bring it up. I think this is for another post...sorry

I stayed the same 132

Feeling good but tiered and a bit down. I need to reassess myvitamins and food intake. Neither of which are adequate...

Have a great week all

Whit

Your concern is good and natural. Unfortunately, don't know if there is much you can say besides you're aware, you truly know it's hard and you're there for both of them if you can help. Beyond that, I'm sure they're both painfully aware of the issue.

I stayed the same 132

Have a great week all

Whit
Glad you stayed the same.

As to talking to your granddaughter...there isn't a good way. She knows she's obese. Just be the best example you can be. And maybe talk to her parents about also setting a good example.

I became obese as a 12 year old. Everyone "tried" to help and all it did was make me mad. Ok, except for my Mother...she never gave me grief about my weight...and for that, I am eternally grateful.
2 weeks ago 245
TW 238

The inches are coming off faster than the pounds at this point, but I'm OK with that! I'm now re-donating clothes I bought at the thrift store to buy smaller ones, it's a great feeling... Down 5 full sizes now, and it feels great .

Got my first set of labs back and they looked great. Life is good. Now only if I could get my hair to stay in my head, oh well, I'm sure it will grow back. (I've lost about 60℅ of it so far)

You may be losing inches faster than weight but you are still doing awesome on the weight loss.

I stayed the same 132

Have a great week all

Whit

My grandmother was actually the most constructive on my weight to be honest. While she was a bit judgemental, she actually brought me solutions - unlike my mom. Grandma brought me to "the diet center" at 16. It's a lot like Jenny Craig meets weight watchers. Then, I found weight watchers on my own and did that for years. The, at 29 she brought me to a program like optifast (and found it when I was was living in DC and she was in NY. She called people in NYC and said who is the best weight loss Dr in DC and then paid for it).

In the long run, I was just on the diet treadmill, but it helped a lot to have someone provide solutions and a path, as oppose to just judging me.

I'm a big fan of the optifast type program if she just needs to get weight off, so maybe you want to do something like that.

When I was researching Mexico, I found this video from Oprah -

- and it talked about a lapband for a teenager and I watched it and thought about how different my life would be with it. Now, I'm in no way, saying you should at all suggest this idea - and the lapband is a mixed bag for sure - but it seemed to work for this young woman.

So, I guess, what I mean, is my grandmother was the only real solution orientated person in my life on this and providing solutions were very, very helpful. So people do grow out of being overweight, that might just be the issue here. I hope so for her.

Last edited:
LW 126
TW 125

Appetite has disappeared and am forcing my protein in. Tiny tummy days every day.
Consult with neurologist coming up this Friday to set up an electromyogram (ECG) nerve study. Involves needles into the nerves and electric shock. Sounds brutal and is supposedly quite painful, but at this point I will do what needs to be done to find answers and possible treatment for my numb/painful foot.
Anyone have this done?
I hope you get answers sweetheart.

Cameron has one those tests and said it wasn't bad.

What a roller coaster you are on with your weight and poop, you've got to be frustrated, and miserable beyond my imagination! I wouldn't be excited about your cleanout process coming up tomorrow either. IF it helps get some answers I suppose it will be worth it. Hang in there, bud!

Fixed it for you, Susan
Thanks Annette and Liz

LW 85.7 kg | 188.9 lbs
TW 86.1 kg | 189.8 lbs

Been away in Bangkok and Hong Kong for the last five days. Eating was a struggle, as I was rushed off my feet both times, though I've also had an upset tummy and wondering how the hell I gained weight when I spent so much of my time on the loo!

Clothes are falling off me now, so I'll be doing a wardrobe sort out when I move house next week (moving office this week).

LW 85.7 kg | 188.9 lbs
TW 86.1 kg | 189.8 lbs

Been away in Bangkok and Hong Kong for the last five days. Eating was a struggle, as I was rushed off my feet both times, though I've also had an upset tummy and wondering how the hell I gained weight when I spent so much of my time on the loo!

Clothes are falling off me now, so I'll be doing a wardrobe sort out when I move house next week (moving office this week).
Sorry you were sick last week. Good indicator of the weight loss is the clothes falling off.

Latest posts

Back