Sunday Weigh In (9/4/2016)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Stayed the same...I don't mind staying the same.

Stayed busy with the bathroom renovation all week. Did get my DEXA scan...still have osteo so they are scheduling another Reclast infusion. That should be this week.

SW 355
LW 205.6
TW 204.8

Going back down the scale after a low of 201.6 (8/25) and a high this week of 208 (9/1)

I'm finally off antibiotics (3+ weeks) and I'm on a rescue 7 day probiotic pack.

(8/21/2016) 180.6
TW 177.8

Just returned from 10 days in Montreal where my daughter's new in-laws hosted several events to celebrate the marriages of their 2 sons. (My daughter married the elder son in March and the younger son was married in June.) So, two huge parties/receptions - one at a beautiful
conservatory with outdoor gardens and one at the Ritz Carlton in Old Montreal. Great fun with 200+ family and friends!

Surprised to have lost weight, to be honest, after all of the restaurant meals and wedding catering, but I suppose it was balanced by all of the walking and dancing :)

Have a great week, everyone!

Stayed the same...I don't mind staying the same.

Stayed busy with the bathroom renovation all week. Did get my DEXA scan...still have osteo so they are scheduling another Reclast infusion. That should be this week.
Yay for staying the same! - I aspire to be like you when I'm in maintenance mode!
Sorry about the infusion - not fun, I hear, but glad you are staying on top of your bone health.

LW 126
TW 125

Appetite has disappeared and am forcing my protein in. Tiny tummy days every day.
Consult with neurologist coming up this Friday to set up an electromyogram (ECG) nerve study. Involves needles into the nerves and electric shock. Sounds brutal and is supposedly quite painful, but at this point I will do what needs to be done to find answers and possible treatment for my numb/painful foot.
Anyone have this done?

SW - 263.5 - 8/19/16
LW - 244.8
TW - 238.8

Big drop at the beginning of the week. Two day stall and back on track today. Down a pound. Totally enjoying the weight loss and it makes up for this liquid diet.

I really like this thread btw. I need a weekly weigh in. It's good to have some structure here.

I am somehow actually back to 179 today after being down to 174 on Friday when on Wednesday I was 182. My weight fluctuation due to crazy bowel fluctuation is driving me nuts and has me weak as hell and bloated all the time. I get to do a clean out tomorrow for a barium enema study on Tuesday. As you can imagine I am not looking forward to this because I am already very drained and weak so doing a flush (2 quarts with a full bottle of Mirilax in the AM then at 4PM it is 4 dulcolax) is going to suck. Then I am not excited about a tube jammed up ass blowing barium and I think maybe air into my colon. Yay me!!

SW 355
LW 205.6
TW 204.8

Going back down the scale after a low of 201.6 (8/25) and a high this week of 208 (9/1)

I'm finally off antibiotics (3+ weeks) and I'm on a rescue 7 day probiotic pack.
Glad you are finally off antibiotics...now keep pumping in yogurt and probiotics! And good for you for going back down.
(8/21/2016) 180.6
TW 177.8

Just returned from 10 days in Montreal where my daughter's new in-laws hosted several events to celebrate the marriages of their 2 sons. (My daughter married the elder son in March and the younger son was married in June.) So, two huge parties/receptions - one at a beautiful
conservatory with outdoor gardens and one at the Ritz Carlton in Old Montreal. Great fun with 200+ family and friends!

Surprised to have lost weight, to be honest, after all of the restaurant meals and wedding catering, but I suppose it was balanced by all of the walking and dancing :)

Have a great week, everyone!
As long as you focused on protein ahead of everything, the DS works even on vacation! Glad you enjoyed your visit.

LW 126
TW 125

Appetite has disappeared and am forcing my protein in. Tiny tummy days every day.
Consult with neurologist coming up this Friday to set up an electromyogram (ECG) nerve study. Involves needles into the nerves and electric shock. Sounds brutal and is supposedly quite painful, but at this point I will do what needs to be done to find answers and possible treatment for my numb/painful foot.
Anyone have this done?
Sorry your appetite has disappeared...not fun to eat on those days.

Yes, I have had more than my fair share of those. Back in 1999/2000 I participated in a study for a neuropathy drug and had to do one every three months. It is brutal AND painful but it does answer many questions.

My neuros always did mine, except for ONE time when a tech did it and we got false results. The neuros always told me, as they were doing it, what they were finding.

I have small fiber neuropathy so bad that my ankles have no reflex and my knees have less than normal reflex. You learn to deal with it.
SW - 263.5 - 8/19/16
LW - 244.8
TW - 238.8

Big drop at the beginning of the week. Two day stall and back on track today. Down a pound. Totally enjoying the weight loss and it makes up for this liquid diet.

I really like this thread btw. I need a weekly weigh in. It's good to have some structure here.
Very good.
LW: 227
TW: 224

Biggest weekly drop in months. Suspect I won't lose more a for a few weeks, but it sure was fun reading that number.

Hang in there, Pam....
You did great this week and who knows...it may go down again this next week.
I am somehow actually back to 179 today after being down to 174 on Friday when on Wednesday I was 182. My weight fluctuation due to crazy bowel fluctuation is driving me nuts and has me weak as hell and bloated all the time. I get to do a clean out tomorrow for a barium enema study on Tuesday. As you can imagine I am not looking forward to this because I am already very drained and weak so doing a flush (2 quarts with a full bottle of Mirilax in the AM then at 4PM it is 4 dulcolax) is going to suck. Then I am not excited about a tube jammed up ass blowing barium and I think maybe air into my colon. Yay me!!
Scott, I am so sorry for all you are having to deal with. Keep us posted.

What a roller coaster you are on with your weight and poop, you've got to be frustrated, and miserable beyond my imagination! I wouldn't be excited about your cleanout process coming up tomorrow either. IF it helps get some answers I suppose it will be worth it. Hang in there, bud!

Fixed it for you, Susan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your response @southernlady. I feel that getting some answers is worth dealing with the temporary pain. Just been pretty frustrated and tired.
Yes, it is...just be aware that you aren't gonna feel up to snuff the rest of that day.
Looks like I goofed up AGAIN! Somehow I typed my reply to Scott's post and I hooked it on as part of his post. Takes talent!
I fixed it...what you did was get ahead of the ending part of the quote and all I did was plug the end back in it's spot and delete the full one at the end of your response to make it work.
Last week 197
This week 194.5

We're still walking most mornings and I'm really enjoying it.
You are doing awesome.

Latest posts

Back