Sunday Weigh In (9/30/2018)

LW: 140
TW: 139

No known reason why. But I like it.

same here! I did make what is, for me, a major change: I switched to decaf coffee. very difficult but keeping my blood pressure from being too high when work gets stressful is worth it.
I see no reason why it would help me lose weight, so I assume it's random. :dontknow:

I just walked my dog and the thin gloves were not enough. :eek:

Happy last day of September! :fallleavesw:

No scales here in Munich, but lots of lovely weather, exercise and good food. Been averaging about 10km (~6 miles) of walking a day without really trying. Today I rented a bike and rode around the English Gardens for six or so hours...and then retired to the beer garden. Was lovely to be moving, and fit enough to do so without any adverse effects (save for wishing I had more padding on my butt these days). There's legal nude areas in the park, so I may try some clothing optional laying in the sunshine while the weather is still warmish.

So much good food here: Weißwurst, sauerkraut, beer and bretzeln.

IMG_6528.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

Last time: 142
TW: 143

I am admiring all of you who seem to be dropping weight effortlessly! I would like to be a few pounds lighter but I do not want to work for it.

LW: 140
TW: 139

same here! I did make what is, for me, a major change: I switched to decaf coffee. very difficult but keeping my blood pressure from being too high when work gets stressful is worth it.
I see no reason why it would help me lose weight, so I assume it's random. :dontknow:

I just walked my dog and the thin gloves were not enough. :eek:

Happy last day of September! :fallleavesw:
Add thicker gloves! It was 41 here when we got up...high of 50. And it snowed in Lead, SD Friday. That is on the other side of the state and in the Black Hills but still too damned close.

I can’t do decaf, I just can’t. But you are doing fantastic!

No scales here in Munich, but lots of lovely weather, exercise and good food. Been averaging about 10km (~6 miles) of walking a day without really trying. Today I rented a bike and rode around the English Gardens for six or so hours...and then retired to the beer garden. Was lovely to be moving, and fit enough to do so without any adverse effects (save for wishing I had more padding on my butt these days). There's legal nude areas in the park, so I may try some clothing optional laying in the sunshine while the weather is still warmish.

So much good food here: Weißwurst, sauerkraut, beer and bretzeln.

IMG_6528.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg
Love the photos! Envy you the food.
Last time: 142
TW: 143

I am admiring all of you who seem to be dropping weight effortlessly! I would like to be a few pounds lighter but I do not want to work for it.
Sorry you went up.

Last week. 114.5
This week 114.2

It was a good week, but very busy, and then there was the rain! Have been taking my brother to Doctor appointments and they seem never-ending. CT scans, MRI’s, ultra sounds, pcp, vascular surgeon, cardiologist and now a neurologist has been requested. He moved here from Colorado end of April. We started noticing confusion and memory issues and he just didn’t seem right. He’s having mini strokes and one leg is almost totally blocked. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, smokes like a chimney, can’t remember to take meds. He is 1/2 mile down the road so I am constantly running down there because he either loses his cell or let’s it run down. He ran his riding mower off a 4 ft drop in the front yard. How he came out as unharmed as he did I have no idea. It’s been very stressful and I’m thinking he also could have some dementia. He’s 71.

I was so happy he was moving here, and I’m still glad he did, but now for different reasons. If this had happened in Colorado what a mess it would have been trying to get him taken care of and moved here. One more example how quickly life changes in the blink of an eye!

Live life to the fullest, everyone.

Last week. 114.5
This week 114.2

It was a good week, but very busy, and then there was the rain! Have been taking my brother to Doctor appointments and they seem never-ending. CT scans, MRI’s, ultra sounds, pcp, vascular surgeon, cardiologist and now a neurologist has been requested. He moved here from Colorado end of April. We started noticing confusion and memory issues and he just didn’t seem right. He’s having mini strokes and one leg is almost totally blocked. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, smokes like a chimney, can’t remember to take meds. He is 1/2 mile down the road so I am constantly running down there because he either loses his cell or let’s it run down. He ran his riding mower off a 4 ft drop in the front yard. How he came out as unharmed as he did I have no idea. It’s been very stressful and I’m thinking he also could have some dementia. He’s 71.

I was so happy he was moving here, and I’m still glad he did, but now for different reasons. If this had happened in Colorado what a mess it would have been trying to get him taken care of and moved here. One more example how quickly life changes in the blink of an eye!

Live life to the fullest, everyone.
I’m glad he’s close. Walking a mile every time you need to check on him isn’t so bad. Keeps you active. I’m so glad he didn’t hurt himself when he drove off the 4 ft drop. Maybe have a teenager take care of that chore?

But remember to take care of yourself at the same time. One thing to ask about with the neuro is NPH, it resembles dementia but is treatable. Don’t let the gait issues throw you off track, that isn’t the definitive symptom. Dh has it, he was late 40’s when diagnosed. The radiologist who read his brain MRI had not met him and didn’t notice his birth date. Typically it affects only those over 60.
Last Week 311.8
This week 311.6

I'd rather have more forward movement but it's not a gain so I'll take it.
Good going.

I’m glad he’s close. Walking a mile every time you need to check on him isn’t so bad. Keeps you active. I’m so glad he didn’t hurt himself when he drove off the 4 ft drop. Maybe have a teenager take care of that chore?

But remember to take care of yourself at the same time. One thing to ask about with the neuro is NPH, it resembles dementia but is treatable. Don’t let the gait issues throw you off track, that isn’t the definitive symptom. Dh has it, he was late 40’s when diagnosed. The radiologist who read his brain MRI had not met him and didn’t notice his birth date. Typically it affects only those over 60.

Good going.
The NPH does match his actions a lot! I’m certainly going to mention it at the appointment. Thank you. Did Charles have the lumbar puncture and then shunt installed?

The NPH does match his actions a lot! I’m certainly going to mention it at the appointment. Thank you. Did Charles have the lumbar puncture and then shunt installed?
I don’t remember a lumbar puncture but it’s been 12 years since his diagnosis/surgery. He did have a ventricular shunt implanted. In fact when dh had his DS, they had to be aware of the shunt.

It’s not the answer for everyone with dementia, but it is very possibly the answer for many.

Latest posts

Back