Sunday Weigh In (9/23/2018)

Went from 86F to 50F here overnight...what's this weather about? I've had perpetual summer for too long!

I've had a great week in Berlin, with lots of moving about - 21km of walking yesterday at Potsdam. I'm staying with my exchange sister from 1996 - we haven't seen each other in 22 years, but we get on as well as we did at 15. My German has also come back surprisingly well, and with the advantage of age I am far less conscious about making mistakes, so am actually speaking it more in public than I did on exchange.

I have eaten my body weight in cheese and cold cuts this week, which is so delicious and cheap compared to Singapore. Next week comes the wurst as I head to Munich... Protein in bucketloads!

LW 140.2
TW 135.4

This surgery is so crazy. I’ve been eating a lot of meat, cheese and pickles this week. Some new opportunities are presenting themselves and I have been examining ways in which, at twice my current size, I limited myself. It may be time to step into fear, take some bigger risks (security has always been very important to me) and stop feeling like I have to settle for a ridiculous amount of bs in exchange for the illusion of safety. I’m sure many of you will relate. Hugs!

Went from 86F to 50F here overnight...what's this weather about? I've had perpetual summer for too long!

I've had a great week in Berlin, with lots of moving about - 21km of walking yesterday at Potsdam. I'm staying with my exchange sister from 1996 - we haven't seen each other in 22 years, but we get on as well as we did at 15. My German has also come back surprisingly well, and with the advantage of age I am far less conscious about making mistakes, so am actually speaking it more in public than I did on exchange.

I have eaten my body weight in cheese and cold cuts this week, which is so delicious and cheap compared to Singapore. Next week comes the wurst as I head to Munich... Protein in bucketloads!
I'm envious! I never got a chance to visit Potsdam but I wasn't actually stationed in Germany, I was stationed in Belgium and The Netherlands. So Germany was just visits.

Are your clothes starting to hang??? At the rate you are walking and eating mostly protein, it wouldn't surprise me.
LW 140.2
TW 135.4

This surgery is so crazy. I’ve been eating a lot of meat, cheese and pickles this week. Some new opportunities are presenting themselves and I have been examining ways in which, at twice my current size, I limited myself. It may be time to step into fear, take some bigger risks (security has always been very important to me) and stop feeling like I have to settle for a ridiculous amount of bs in exchange for the illusion of safety. I’m sure many of you will relate. Hugs!
Good for you. Stepping out and taking chances is a risk taking if you feel inclined. We often step back out of fear for one reason or another and lose opportunities.

Last week 112.6
This week 114.5

Been fighting a UTI. Did you know there’s a website UtiTreatment.com where you can fill out a form, a doctor will then call you and discuss symptoms and prescribe RX if they deem it suitable, all for $59.00. This hit me hard on a weekend and I was getting zero sleep due to running to bathroom about every 30 minutes throughout the night. Since my high deductible is NEVER met, a dr visit would be more than this $59 cost. She prescribed Bactrim for 7 days and it seems to have done the trick. I’m hitting the yogurt hard.

Last week 112.6
This week 114.5

Been fighting a UTI. Did you know there’s a website UtiTreatment.com where you can fill out a form, a doctor will then call you and discuss symptoms and prescribe RX if they deem it suitable, all for $59.00. This hit me hard on a weekend and I was getting zero sleep due to running to bathroom about every 30 minutes throughout the night. Since my high deductible is NEVER met, a dr visit would be more than this $59 cost. She prescribed Bactrim for 7 days and it seems to have done the trick. I’m hitting the yogurt hard.
So sorry you have a UTI but at least you got treated at a reasonable cost quickly.

Add a probiotic if you can but not taken at the same time as your antibiotic.

Last Week 314.6
This week 311.8
I'm a little surprised by the drop. I've been trying to be good but things are falling apart at work and the stress has been fouling up my sleep and pushing me toward binge-y behavior.
We applied for disability for our youngest son. We expect to hear back in 6-9 months. He was easily approved as a minor but our income was too high for him to get any benefits then. When the approval comes through might be the jumping off point. The new operating company I was transferred to is hemorrhaging money, losing customers, and generally imploding so whether I jump or am pushed I doubt I will be at my current employer in a year. I don't want to cash out my 401k from here when I leave but I think we may wind up doing that to get the DS done in a reasonable time frame. I'm worried that 5 more years as heavy person may make me immobile and/or push me over into full blown diabetes (I'm prediabetic on Metformin). Plus I really want to get off the meds (I'm also taking Lisinopril and a Statin). I'm having trouble finding words and generally just don't feel very sharp, both Statins and Metformin are known to have such effects.

Glad you dropped but I know that all the other issues negate that feeling.

I hope you get everything sorted out to your benefit.

Potsdam was great. My German friend was slightly uncomfortable because it looks so 'fake' to her - like Main St at Disney not being what a real town looks like.

Are your clothes starting to hang??? At the rate you are walking and eating mostly protein, it wouldn't surprise me.

Still holding steady at 64kg. Just found a scale to jump on. I'm in Bavaria next, which is when my wurst and cheese addiction will strike.

LW: 144
TW: 140

the beauty of my VSG is not just that I lost a ton of weight all at once (an almost magic re-set button) it's that now - 10 years out! - it's still harder to gain weight than it used to be no matter how badly I eat and just a little change and it comes off. seriously. :thumbsup:

It may be time to step into fear, take some bigger risks (security has always been very important to me) and stop feeling like I have to settle for a ridiculous amount of bs in exchange for the illusion of safety.

well said - I think most of us do this and it's a shame

Did you know there’s a website UtiTreatment.com where you can fill out a form, a doctor will then call you and discuss symptoms and prescribe RX if they deem it suitable, all for $59.00.

that is wonderful and - just like my options for a concierge doctor (didn't used to be any!) it shows the worse our healthcare system gets the more options spring up to deal with it. I will share that site with others, no doubt. I'm so glad you figured out what is going on and are back to getting healthier. :thumbup:

the stress has been fouling up my sleep and pushing me toward binge-y behavior

with me weight gain/binge eating is always about stress and 90% of it, at least, is work. :frown:

Potsdam was great. My German friend was slightly uncomfortable because it looks so 'fake' to her - like Main St at Disney not being what a real town looks like.

Still holding steady at 64kg. Just found a scale to jump on. I'm in Bavaria next, which is when my wurst and cheese addiction will strike.
Good for you.
Yeah, time and “progress” unfortunately happens. Besides, while wanting to see the area, if you are like me, the more important part was your visit with her.

I did visit Bavaria twice while over there. Once was during Oktoberfest in Munich, the other was a week in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Did a day trip to Innsbruck. I loved that area.

LW: 144
TW: 140

the beauty of my VSG is not just that I lost a ton of weight all at once (an almost magic re-set button) it's that now - 10 years out! - it's still harder to gain weight than it used to be no matter how badly I eat and just a little change and it comes off. seriously. :thumbsup:

well said - I think most of us do this and it's a shame

that is wonderful and - just like my options for a concierge doctor (didn't used to be any!) it shows the worse our healthcare system gets the more options spring up to deal with it. I will share that site with others, no doubt. I'm so glad you figured out what is going on and are back to getting healthier. :thumbup:

with me weight gain/binge eating is always about stress and 90% of it, at least, is work. :frown:
Good going.

I did visit Bavaria twice while over there. Once was during Oktoberfest in Munich, the other was a week in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Did a day trip to Innsbruck. I loved that area.

I've been once before, but only for two days on a school trip. It's Oktoberfest now...but I can't stand beer. I'll still go for the atmosphere to have a look. Aussies have a bad reputation at Oktoberfest for obvious reasons. I will have a Weißwurst for you!

I've been once before, but only for two days on a school trip. It's Oktoberfest now...but I can't stand beer. I'll still go for the atmosphere to have a look. Aussies have a bad reputation at Oktoberfest for obvious reasons. I will have a Weißwurst for you!
I never liked beer but I had a blast at Oktoberfest. I discovered Apfelkorn! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apfelkorn
This was long before I discovered I was allergic to ALL alcoholic drinks :(

Latest posts

Back