Sunday Weigh In (9/15/2019)

it really is all about the pants fitting.
I forgot to weigh and will come back to this thread after work tomorrow.

Last week: 242
This week: 238.5

About a 30 pound weight lost since surgery which has me at 25% of excess weight at 7.5 weeks. I am doing well according to percentages. I know I shouldn't compare myself and comparison is the thief of joy but I am a little jealous of those who lose a lot more! But I don't think I can do any stricter than what I am doing and I don't want to either. My doctor's office said 50 grams of carbs but I try to do 30 grams of carbs and that's often hard enough that I wouldn't want to try to get lower.

I have also been weighing myself every day and sometimes twice a day and freaking myself out when I gain or lose a couple pounds overnight. I am getting a little obsessed and I am worried that I might be having a problem. The mental part of this is so much harder than I anticipated and I knew it would be hard. Also I NEVER thought this would happen but sometimes bacon is too much! Who am I?

Last edited:
Last week 198
This week 194.8

Tried some pumpkin spice protein powder. That was an utter disappointment. Got a box of steaks from work for driver appreciation week which was nice. Wifey grilled them up. I've gotten one down in a couple of installments (T-Bones, about a pound each uncooked). She also made some pumpkin bread with almond flour and lots o nuts and butter. It's divine.

I keep thinking I've bottomed out and the rebound has started but then I start losing again. I'll take it as long as I can get it.

it really is all about the pants fitting.
I forgot to weigh and will come back to this thread after work tomorrow.
Okay, but unless you've notice tighter or looser fitting clothes, you're probably the same.

About a 30 pound weight lost since surgery which has me at 25% of excess weight at 7.5 weeks. I am doing well according to percentages. I know I shouldn't compare myself and comparison is the their of joy but I am a little jealous of those who lose a lot more! But I don't think I can do any stricter than what I am doing and I don't want to either. My doctor's office said 50 grams of carbs but I try to do 30 grams of carbs and that's often hard enough that I wouldn't want to try to get lower.

I have also been weighing myself every day and sometimes twice a day and freaking myself out when I gain or lose a couple pounds overnight. I am getting a little obsessed and I am worried that I might be having a problem. The mental part of this is so much harder than I anticipated and I knew it would be hard. Also I NEVER thought this would happen but sometimes bacon is too much! Who am I?
There are a handful of outliers (I'm one) who stalled at 50 grams of carbs. I had to stay between 75-100 til I was at goal. But you are right, you are doing good.
Last week 198
This week 194.8

Tried some pumpkin spice protein powder. That was an utter disappointment. Got a box of steaks from work for driver appreciation week which was nice. Wifey grilled them up. I've gotten one down in a couple of installments (T-Bones, about a pound each uncooked). She also made some pumpkin bread with almond flour and lots o nuts and butter. It's divine.

I keep thinking I've bottomed out and the rebound has started but then I start losing again. I'll take it as long as I can get it.
You are doing great.
I'm glad someone appreciates Pumpkin Spice. ONLY pumpkin I can handle is pumpkin pie and even then I am not a fan.

About a 30 pound weight lost since surgery which has me at 25% of excess weight at 7.5 weeks. I am doing well according to percentages. I know I shouldn't compare myself and comparison is the their of joy but I am a little jealous of those who lose a lot more! But I don't think I can do any stricter than what I am doing and I don't want to either. My doctor's office said 50 grams of carbs but I try to do 30 grams of carbs and that's often hard enough that I wouldn't want to try to get lower.

Looking at my spreadsheet at 8 weeks postop I was down 29 pounds. There are some weeks I lost a ton and others when I didn't lose any on the scale but shrank. If you compare yourself on a 'bad' week with someone on a 'good' week you'll make yourself crazy. Looking at other peoples' journeys I'm doing 'better' than some. 'worse' than others. But I'm already past my goal and hopefully have a bit further to go.

I actually have been struggling a bit lately with not wanting meat, which is kinda crazy. I've always been a meat and potatoes person. It feels a bit like carniv-overload after a while.

Last week 198
This week 194.8

Did your wife use a recipe for the pumpkin bread? Because it sounds good! Although that pumpkin spice protein drink sounds wretched. I am not a fan of pumpkin pie spice anything except the Trader Joe's bread.

could be a lot worse!
I'm struggling with Seasonal Affective Disorder, I think, at least it feels exactly like that and I'm scared because it's way too early with so much more darkness coming. when I lived in Minnesota I never noticed it until November.

But, things are better than in Colorado so it's a good thing I moved.
I'm using my Happy Light right now, yay for science. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back