Sunday Weigh In (9/10/2017)

What a weird week. Thursday was 190 and then yesterday morning I was freaking 196. I like 190 and plan on staying around this neighborhood. This morning, I was 190 again. No the scale isn't malfunctioning because Dianna said that it was holding steady for her. I probably ate as much and as least healthy yesterday as any day the last month and I lose 6 lbs. I really didn't feel like I pooped that much either to lose 6 lbs. So I don't know why I blipped up that one day but we shall see how it goes.

I get my CT of pelvis and abdomen on Tuesday (Dr K asked me to see if my Urologist would order since I was seeing him and it is easier for a local Doc to do ...Uro was more than happy to do so..I like him) so we shall see if it shows anything on my bladder (inside looked good on scope) and or any blockage of my guts. I feel like there is a partial blockage going on again and if so hopefully we can do one last surgery and be done with this bull shit.

What a weird week. Thursday was 190 and then yesterday morning I was freaking 196. I like 190 and plan on staying around this neighborhood. This morning, I was 190 again. No the scale isn't malfunctioning because Dianna said that it was holding steady for her. I probably ate as much and as least healthy yesterday as any day the last month and I lose 6 lbs. I really didn't feel like I pooped that much either to lose 6 lbs. So I don't know why I blipped up that one day but we shall see how it goes.

I get my CT of pelvis and abdomen on Tuesday (Dr K asked me to see if my Urologist would order since I was seeing him and it is easier for a local Doc to do ...Uro was more than happy to do so..I like him) so we shall see if it shows anything on my bladder (inside looked good on scope) and or any blockage of my guts. I feel like there is a partial blockage going on again and if so hopefully we can do one last surgery and be done with this bull shit.
I hope you finally get a definite answer.

OTOH, you just may vary day to day, some people do. That is why only focusing on weekly or even monthly trends make sense.

I've never posted here, mostly due to @southernlady and @Munchkin strong recommendations to hide my scale!! I had my 3 month followup appt today, so I thought it would be safe to share my progress.
So, on June 1st, I went into surgery weighing 270 lbs. On June 5th, I was released weighing 279. Today, I weighed exactly 200.0 lbs. The nurse said my weightloss is in the average range. The competitive part of me really wanted to be further along, but I'll take average.
The night before I had my surgery, I freaked out when it was time to take my before pics. My anxiety completely took over, and I didn't do it. That has actually been my only major regret, so far. Anyways, I just wanted to thank y'all again for being so supportive and encouraging this far!
@southernlady , I promise I won't obsess with the weighing!

I've never posted here, mostly due to @southernlady and @Munchkin strong recommendations to hide my scale!! I had my 3 month followup appt today, so I thought it would be safe to share my progress.
So, on June 1st, I went into surgery weighing 270 lbs. On June 5th, I was released weighing 279. Today, I weighed exactly 200.0 lbs. The nurse said my weightloss is in the average range. The competitive part of me really wanted to be further along, but I'll take average.
The night before I had my surgery, I freaked out when it was time to take my before pics. My anxiety completely took over, and I didn't do it. That has actually been my only major regret, so far. Anyways, I just wanted to thank y'all again for being so supportive and encouraging this far!
@southernlady , I promise I won't obsess with the weighing!
You are doing fantastic!

This is from @southernlady who wrote about weight loss after the DS. Looks like you are ahead of schedule. :)

This chart might help. (and notice, these are not by pounds but percentages)!
2 weeks - 5-10%
6 weeks - 10-15%
3 mos - 20-30%
6 mos - 45-55%
12 mos - 60-70%
18 mos - 75-85%

@galaxygrrl That really does help. They had a chart at the doctor's office, but of course, it was for RNY progress. So frustrating. I've lost right around 52% of my excess weight, but I feel like it's going to start getting harder, now! Also, I'm super anxious to get my bloodwork back!!

@galaxygrrl That really does help. They had a chart at the doctor's office, but of course, it was for RNY progress. So frustrating. I've lost right around 52% of my excess weight, but I feel like it's going to start getting harder, now! Also, I'm super anxious to get my bloodwork back!!

It helped me too and made it make more sense. it does slow down, alas.

Here is my graph. You can see the slope of the line change. I'm at about 2 or 3 pounds a month now. What does not come through here as much is the step function I have. I tend to not lose weight for a 3 to 4 weeks, then, boom. I drop 3 to 5 pounds in a week. Rinse and repeat. The reason you don't see it much at the end is I got sick in June. Dropped about 8 pounds, bounced back 4 pounds and then, have slowly been chipping away at it.

upload_2017-9-12_10-18-31.png

It helped me too and made it make more sense. it does slow down, alas.

Here is my graph. You can see the slope of the line change. I'm at about 2 or 3 pounds a month now. What does not come through here as much is the step function I have. I tend to not lose weight for a 3 to 4 weeks, then, boom. I drop 3 to 5 pounds in a week. Rinse and repeat. The reason you don't see it much at the end is I got sick in June. Dropped about 8 pounds, bounced back 4 pounds and then, have slowly been chipping away at it.

View attachment 1449
Galaxygrrl Did you do that chart in Excel? Where did you find that or did you make it yourself? Thanks.

You are killing it! That is great news!

Thanks! I owe so much to this board. :)

Galaxygrrl Did you do that chart in Excel? Where did you find that or did you make it yourself? Thanks.

There are iPhone apps that does this, but I'm old school. Here it is with my BMI. I changed the axis, so you can see the bounciness. See the stair step? And how it's slowing down. :( 11 pounds to go.

upload_2017-9-12_12-33-26.png

Latest posts

Back