Sunday Weigh In (8/2/2020)

yes, I was talking to a facebook friend about how planning and meal prep is vital. I just remembered now that I know her from OH.

yes, I was talking to a facebook friend about how planning and meal prep is vital. I just remembered now that I know her from OH.
We don’t do planning and meal prep. I’ll admit I’m an odd one but meal planning never worked for me. I fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to meals. I just focus on protein.

I feel like The Odd one here not just because I don't have a DS but because my big issue is Binge Eating Disorder/Anxiety/Depression and decades of dealing (or not) with that. it was never about my metabolism.

know thyself, I guess is the take home!

175... that's a bmi of 25.8 for me. Still dropping slooooowly , roughly 15 months after the DS,

Vitamin Labs came back recently... b1 and d were too high, ferratin a tad low. Not sure b1 matters, but d is off the chart

"The main consequence of vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia), which can cause nausea and vomiting, weakness, and frequent urination. Vitamin D toxicity might progress to bone pain and kidney problems, such as the formation of calcium stones."

"Vitamin B1, or thiamine, supports normal cell function and helps your body convert food into energy. Thiamine overdose symptoms are unlikely to occur because this vitamin will be excreted in urine when consumed in excess."

Ferratin, hemoglobin and hematocrit just a tad under the lower limit.. but the other iron measures are in range

If you have suggestions, I'm all ears

I remember when 275 was a goal I could never reach

175... that's a bmi of 25.8 for me. Still dropping slooooowly , roughly 15 months after the DS,

Vitamin Labs came back recently... b1 and d were too high, ferratin a tad low. Not sure b1 matters, but d is off the chart

"The main consequence of vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia), which can cause nausea and vomiting, weakness, and frequent urination. Vitamin D toxicity might progress to bone pain and kidney problems, such as the formation of calcium stones."

"Vitamin B1, or thiamine, supports normal cell function and helps your body convert food into energy. Thiamine overdose symptoms are unlikely to occur because this vitamin will be excreted in urine when consumed in excess."

Ferratin, hemoglobin and hematocrit just a tad under the lower limit.. but the other iron measures are in range

If you have suggestions, I'm all ears

I remember when 275 was a goal I could never reach
Yes, but what are your calcium and PTH values.
High D only causes issues if your calcium goes too high or your PTH too low.

Yes, but what are your calcium and PTH values.
High D only causes issues if your calcium goes too high or your PTH too low.
Thank you... I'll look.. rough answer , within range.. but I'll post back..

Got any references you like, I'd like to learn more

We don’t do planning and meal prep. I’ll admit I’m an odd one but meal planning never worked for me. I fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to meals. I just focus on protein.
I do a big cook once every 5-6 weeks on a Sunday. Then freeze it. So I guess you'd say I'm a definite planner.

PTH needs to be as close to the bottom as possible. My bottom range is 11 on the lab range. I want mine under 20.

Looked at my labs , and numbers for Calcium and PTH are in range, but PTH is approaching a high value

Any clues on how to lower it?.... TIA

PTH,INTACT | 53.90 | | 15-65 pg/mL
CALCIUM | 9.1 | | 8.6-10.2 mg/dL

Thank you... but looks like I'm SOOL

My d is already over 100 ( not sure how high , the lab does not measure higher)
Okay, you may be a zebra. Just keep you D at the high end, your calcium mid range. And keep an eye on your PTH. As long as it doesn’t go too high, don’t fret over it.

Latest posts

Back