Sunday Weigh In (8/2/2020)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
We move today from Toledo to Elkhart. Getting some work done on the rig (a broken piece of trim, ceiling fan, 2 lights, an a/c replaced). We will be in Elkhart for a month.

Last week 141
This week 141

I did a thyroid challenge while here. My new endo was thinking I didn’t need it as my dose was so low. Sure enough, I retested this week(baseline was about 6 weeks ago while I was still on it) and my numbers are still all normal range so I’m dropping the thyroid medication. He will retest me in 6 months.

congrats on maintaining and good luck with the move.

I forgot to weigh again, but just wrote it on my list for Monday. duh! now I'm going out for my 2 mile walk before it gets hot!

I weighed but I don’t like it so I am not sharing!

We got home last night and we are worn out. All that driving is constipating and contributed to swelling in my legs and back. I did eat some junk though. My clothes are still big though and things still look more raisin like then before.

I made a sad face not because your weight isn't where you want it but for the swelling.

I hope you feel better soon.

when I eat junk it's the part of my brain that thinks it's a "reward" that I deserve winning over the part that knows it's NOT in my best interest and not even as enjoyable as I think. at least after the first bite or two.

I made a sad face not because your weight isn't where you want it but for the swelling.

I hope you feel better soon.

when I eat junk it's the part of my brain that thinks it's a "reward" that I deserve winning over the part that knows it's NOT in my best interest and not even as enjoyable as I think. at least after the first bite or two.

Thank you. Ice cream is enjoyable to the last bite for me! But I think I ate junk to distract me from the pain I was in. Or maybe comfort me too? I did pretty well until the drive back because I kept in mind that I want to be 160 when I see my surgeon or close to it. I didn’t want to bring my edibles across state lines so I suffered. A little bit of Cheetos here and there adds up too. We were in the South so there were cracklings everywhere and I did enjoy these low carb treats a lot! My back is really awful and that two day drive there and two days back was really hard on it. But I have a few days to recover before my husband goes back to work.

We move today from Toledo to Elkhart. Getting some work done on the rig (a broken piece of trim, ceiling fan, 2 lights, an a/c replaced). We will be in Elkhart for a month.

Last week 141
This week 141

I did a thyroid challenge while here. My new endo was thinking I didn’t need it as my dose was so low. Sure enough, I retested this week(baseline was about 6 weeks ago while I was still on it) and my numbers are still all normal range so I’m dropping the thyroid medication. He will retest me in 6 months.
I am happy for you! Is that related to the DS?

congrats on maintaining and good luck with the move.

I forgot to weigh again, but just wrote it on my list for Monday. duh! now I'm going out for my 2 mile walk before it gets hot!
The heat wave here broke. Currently 69 here in Elkhart, high suppose to be 77.

I weighed but I don’t like it so I am not sharing!

We got home last night and we are worn out. All that driving is constipating and contributed to swelling in my legs and back. I did eat some junk though. My clothes are still big though and things still look more raisin like then before.
sorry it’s not a number you like but if your clothes haven’t gotten tighter, sounds like it will get better fast. Driving is hard on my back. It’s one reason we try to stay in place long enough for me to recover.
I think there is a part of dh’s brain that does that. He will say “but I’ve been so good”. I finally told him to just admit he wanted it.
Thank you. Ice cream is enjoyable to the last bite for me! But I think I ate junk to distract me from the pain I was in. Or maybe comfort me too? I did pretty well until the drive back because I kept in mind that I want to be 160 when I see my surgeon or close to it. I didn’t want to bring my edibles across state lines so I suffered. A little bit of Cheetos here and there adds up too. We were in the South so there were cracklings everywhere and I did enjoy these low carb treats a lot! My back is really awful and that two day drive there and two days back was really hard on it. But I have a few days to recover before my husband goes back to work.
Pork rinds are a good treat for DSers. I can only handle them for a bit before they start having an off taste. But a break from them helps.
I am happy for you! Is that related to the DS?
The thyroid is typically not related to the DS. But this endo said for my weight, I was on such a low dose that he wanted me to do the challenge. So I did.

The heat wave here broke. Currently 69 here in Elkhart, high suppose to be 77.

sorry it’s not a number you like but if your clothes haven’t gotten tighter, sounds like it will get better fast. Driving is hard on my back. It’s one reason we try to stay in place long enough for me to recover.

I think there is a part of dh’s brain that does that. He will say “but I’ve been so good”. I finally told him to just admit he wanted it.

Pork rinds are a good treat for DSers. I can only handle them for a bit before they start having an off taste. But a break from them helps.

The thyroid is typically not related to the DS. But this endo said for my weight, I was on such a low dose that he wanted me to do the challenge. So I did.
Cracklings are better than pork rinds! I like pork rinds too. Cracklings have fat and sometimes a little meat on it. BUT I do start feeling sick if I eat too many.

I am glad you are off one more drug!

Last weigh in: 187.6
This time: 186.6
Still fighting my bowels.
Had a decent time at the cabin. Did some reading and a rather soggy nature hike. Didn't get any writing done but given the state of the world I'm trying to not be too hard on myself.
Youngest daughter was exposed at her job and was told Friday by her employer to stay home for 2 weeks. She started getting sick Saturday. My employer at first told me I had to stay home until I got a negative test, then changed to until she got a negative test, now they've decided I should just go in and avoid people at work and we'll reevaluate if her test comes back positive. I work for some really smart people. I already wear a mask when inside at work but I'm going to have to be even more careful. Both she and I will be tested Monday.

This morning: 146.1
Last week: 148.0

its been fluctuating all over between 143-150 and I prefer it at 143 of course! Still better than 277 three years ago though.

Regarding health: I am feeling good. I have been working every other week since mid-March due to the pandemic. I spent this week off decluttering, cleaning, donating and selling random stuff on Craigslist. I believe I will be returning to work fulltime everyday later this month as The Man cannot have us all continuing in this pattern indefinitely. I was picking up my Creon prescription at the CVS drive-through last night and saw where they have the flu vaccine ready to dispense, so will try to take advantage of that next Saturday and be ahead of the curve (and the crowd) if possible.

Oh jeez, I am wishing you all well!

Youngest daughter was exposed at her job and was told Friday by her employer to stay home for 2 weeks. She started getting sick Saturday. My employer at first told me I had to stay home until I got a negative test, then changed to until she got a negative test, now they've decided I should just go in and avoid people at work and we'll reevaluate if her test comes back positive. I work for some really smart people. I already wear a mask when inside at work but I'm going to have to be even more careful. Both she and I will be tested Monday.

Youngest daughter was exposed at her job and was told Friday by her employer to stay home for 2 weeks. She started getting sick Saturday. My employer at first told me I had to stay home until I got a negative test, then changed to until she got a negative test, now they've decided I should just go in

I feel like your employer should be more careful, but what can you do. hope you are both OK.

Hey, everyone! Realised it's been an age, and I have access to scales for the first time since January, so checking in. Hope everyone is coping with the state of the world as well as anyone can be right now.

TW: 69.9 kg / 154 lbs

I've gained about 5kg in lockdown and quasi lockdown, so keen to tighten things up again. 65kg/143lbs was my steady weight so I'd like to get back to that. Pants still fit, but best to not let it get away from me.

I'm still in Europe (just moved up to Antwerp on the weekend) and am making some big life decisions. I met someone here, and has been going well for 4 months. I have a job offer here and a PhD scholarship offer in Milan. So, decisions, decisions...and finally settling down somewhere on the horizon.

I am glad you are off one more drug!
Actually two, I was on two thyroid drugs.
Hey, everyone! Realised it's been an age, and I have access to scales for the first time since January, so checking in. Hope everyone is coping with the state of the world as well as anyone can be right now.

TW: 69.9 kg / 154 lbs

I've gained about 5kg in lockdown and quasi lockdown, so keen to tighten things up again. 65kg/143lbs was my steady weight so I'd like to get back to that. Pants still fit, but best to not let it get away from me.

I'm still in Europe (just moved up to Antwerp on the weekend) and am making some big life decisions. I met someone here, and has been going well for 4 months. I have a job offer here and a PhD scholarship offer in Milan. So, decisions, decisions...and finally settling down somewhere on the horizon.
Glad you popped back in. Lockdown really messed with many people’s weights. Sounds like life is treating you well.

I met someone here, and has been going well for 4 months. I have a job offer here and a PhD scholarship offer in Milan.
wonderful news!

and you are far from the only one to gain weight since the pandemic.

and last week: 136
today 137

Latest posts

Back