Sunday Weigh In (8/1/2021)

Last week: 167.5
This week: 171

It’s water weight and minor constipation. It’s been hotter than normal and I had a couple wheat meals, so the two of them combined with readjusting to calcium regimen have made a lovely gain. It’s fine. It’ll even out.

I had reached the end of my supplements a couple days before my lab work and so I stopped all vitamins for those few days and then waited until I had the key results back to fill my vitamin boxes. While taking no vitamins clears out my system, suddenly starting the calcium again clogs it back up. Oh the joys. So it’ll be a couple more days I think before everything evens out again. I also have had a few low eating days, just not hungry. It was a push to get the food I ate in, more would have felt impossible.

Things are good though. I did a Pilates workout yesterday, my first in many months. I’m wanting to start moving more again which is good. I go in phases where I enjoy exercise and am consistent and then .. nothing at all.

How is it August already? Realised I've missed the last few weeks - there was a fire in my apartment building, though thankfully no-one was hurt and my flat wasn't affected beyond disrupted utilities; and end of the academic year busyness, presenting my research to move up to the second year. Summer vacation started yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got on the scales finally this morning! Guess two weeks of only cold showers has helped ;)

LW: 69.1kg / 152 lbs
TW: 67.3kg / 148 lbs

i discovered I’m an afternoon snacker. Late night isn’t an issue but between lunch and dinner, I go crawling thru the fridge.

Welcome to the joy of aperitivo! I have taken to having some prosciutto and cheese in the fridge to nibble on when I get home, given everyone eats so late here.

Hi All!

I am 5 years out this week and have gained weight. I have just been eating too much. The past year has been tough and my food compulsion is back full force! I had my labs done and all is good. I am at the low end of potassium and sodium (I take K supplements) and have been experiencing lots of muscle cramping during sleep and during exercise. Water intake is good, which makes me think maybe I am washing away my electrolytes - ? Maybe too much caffeine- ? Lots of stuff to figure out and work on.

Today's weight: 161
Goal: 145

Getting back on track.

Last week: 167.5
This week: 171

It’s water weight and minor constipation. It’s been hotter than normal and I had a couple wheat meals, so the two of them combined with readjusting to calcium regimen have made a lovely gain. It’s fine. It’ll even out.

I had reached the end of my supplements a couple days before my lab work and so I stopped all vitamins for those few days and then waited until I had the key results back to fill my vitamin boxes. While taking no vitamins clears out my system, suddenly starting the calcium again clogs it back up. Oh the joys. So it’ll be a couple more days I think before everything evens out again. I also have had a few low eating days, just not hungry. It was a push to get the food I ate in, more would have felt impossible.

Things are good though. I did a Pilates workout yesterday, my first in many months. I’m wanting to start moving more again which is good. I go in phases where I enjoy exercise and am consistent and then .. nothing at all.
Sorry you’re up slightly. Good for you in the Pilates.
How is it August already? Realised I've missed the last few weeks - there was a fire in my apartment building, though thankfully no-one was hurt and my flat wasn't affected beyond disrupted utilities; and end of the academic year busyness, presenting my research to move up to the second year. Summer vacation started yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got on the scales finally this morning! Guess two weeks of only cold showers has helped ;)

LW: 69.1kg / 152 lbs
TW: 67.3kg / 148 lbs

Welcome to the joy of aperitivo! I have taken to having some prosciutto and cheese in the fridge to nibble on when I get home, given everyone eats so late here.
Good for you.
Yeah, somehow it’s August. I keep cheese and hard boiled eggs handy but I still get lead astray.
Hi All!

I am 5 years out this week and have gained weight. I have just been eating too much. The past year has been tough and my food compulsion is back full force! I had my labs done and all is good. I am at the low end of potassium and sodium (I take K supplements) and have been experiencing lots of muscle cramping during sleep and during exercise. Water intake is good, which makes me think maybe I am washing away my electrolytes - ? Maybe too much caffeine- ? Lots of stuff to figure out and work on.

Today's weight: 161
Goal: 145

Getting back on track.
Before adding potassium. Get with your PCP. That’s one you do not want to adjust on your own.
As far as the cramps, maybe some electrolyte water or tonic water.

Before adding potassium. Get with your PCP. That’s one you do not want to adjust on your own.
As far as the cramps, maybe some electrolyte water or tonic water.

I already take prescription potassium. I tried drinking Pedialyte Advanced Care and boy that was awful! I have an appt with Dr. K. this week and will see what he advises. I suspect I am dehydrating myself with too much coffee.

Last week 198.2
This week 198.2

Just enduring the dog days of summer. Oldest daughter is heading to Korea for a one year teaching contract so she moved out of her apartment last weekend and is crashing at our place. Will be sad to see her go but she's ready for a change.

Last week 198.2
This week 198.2

Just enduring the dog days of summer. Oldest daughter is heading to Korea for a one year teaching contract so she moved out of her apartment last weekend and is crashing at our place. Will be sad to see her go but she's ready for a change.
Good for you.

I hope she does well. That’s quite an experience. Be prepared to send care packages.

Latest posts

Back