Sunday Weigh In (7/8/2018)

LW: 144
TW: 143

NSV - I went horseback riding for the first time in 20+ years. I rode for 2 + hours and got on and off the horse quickly and easily and without assistance. I could have ridden for much longer. It is a miracle to be free from obesity and to have a body that is slim, strong, and healthy. :heart:

LW: 131
TW: 128

Still not quite back to Normal... so it turns out not a sinus infection not a spider bite but Shingles.

While we were in Big Bear my Dr cancelled a follow up scheduled for Monday 7/9. I told her while the bite on my head and a sore on eyelid were healing the headache was not improving. She told me to go into ER for repeat blood work and CT can. The nurse looked me over asked a lot of questions and said she though I had shingles. She gets them too. The Dr agreed after a lot more questions. No CT or Bloodwork. So I have yet another prescription and more pain meds. We go back up to Big Bear for a 9 days with the Grandkids Thursday. I sure hope I get some relief.

Best
Whit

LW: 144
TW: 143

NSV - I went horseback riding for the first time in 20+ years. I rode for 2 + hours and got on and off the horse quickly and easily and without assistance. I could have ridden for much longer. It is a miracle to be free from obesity and to have a body that is slim, strong, and healthy. :heart:
Great NSV. Good going on the weight.
LW: 131
TW: 128

Still not quite back to Normal... so it turns out not a sinus infection not a spider bite but Shingles.

While we were in Big Bear my Dr cancelled a follow up scheduled for Monday 7/9. I told her while the bite on my head and a sore on eyelid were healing the headache was not improving. She told me to go into ER for repeat blood work and CT can. The nurse looked me over asked a lot of questions and said she though I had shingles. She gets them too. The Dr agreed after a lot more questions. No CT or Bloodwork. So I have yet another prescription and more pain meds. We go back up to Big Bear for a 9 days with the Grandkids Thursday. I sure hope I get some relief.

Best
Whit
Oh no, Whit, shingles....ouch! I had a case of shingles along my bra line back in my 20’s. Walked into my doctors office, no appointment, and was telling his nurse/receptionist. He called up to her to put me in one of the rooms, comes in and without even looking, said shingles. Although he did test to verify. That was going on 40 years ago and I still remember how bad it hurt/itched.

About 2 years ago, my PCP and I discussed the vaccine. My risk of developing shingles after the vaccine was about the same as without since I had already had it.

LW 161.4
TW 158.2

I'll take it. 8 months out today. I'm happy with progress so far but I am not dealing with stress/anxiety very well right now. I don't feel depressed but I am irritable af. My mood sucks. Could this be a normal/expected/not shocking part of the process? I may start a new thread to get some feedback. Have a great week everyone! Lynn

LW 161.4
TW 158.2

I'll take it. 8 months out today. I'm happy with progress so far but I am not dealing with stress/anxiety very well right now. I don't feel depressed but I am irritable af. My mood sucks. Could this be a normal/expected/not shocking part of the process? I may start a new thread to get some feedback. Have a great week everyone! Lynn

I don't remember being irritable, but, recovery was hard and I did not feel like myself for a year. Your body has gone though so much, so maybe it's just grumpy a little. Others might have more insight.

Few weeks ago - 138
TW - 135. Yay! Getting closer to my goal.
Good for you.
LW 161.4
TW 158.2

Good for you on the weight.

310.0 Last Week
312.4 This Week

Basically been going sideways for about a month now, bouncing around between 305 and 320. I can't really complain. My short term goal was to get 30 pounds off and I'm down about 50 but I'm still bummed. It's not realistic to expect a heck of a lot more from diet and exercise alone but I was hoping to make it down below 300 where I bottomed out last time. Just bought 5 new pairs of pants for work since I'm swimming in my existing ones. Anxious that I'm going to rebound and have wasted the money.
Still think I'm a year or two out from having the money for getting the surgery. It can't come soon enough.

310.0 Last Week
312.4 This Week

Basically been going sideways for about a month now, bouncing around between 305 and 320. I can't really complain. My short term goal was to get 30 pounds off and I'm down about 50 but I'm still bummed. It's not realistic to expect a heck of a lot more from diet and exercise alone but I was hoping to make it down below 300 where I bottomed out last time. Just bought 5 new pairs of pants for work since I'm swimming in my existing ones. Anxious that I'm going to rebound and have wasted the money.
Still think I'm a year or two out from having the money for getting the surgery. It can't come soon enough.
Just keep at it. Even if you do rebound, hold on to those pants for post surgery.

Haven't weighed in a while, but popping in to say hi and great work to everyone!

Starting to look ahead to once I finish work. Taking 1.5 weeks off in August to go settle my cat with my parents and be there once he gets out of quarantine. Got two weeks of diving tentatively booked in early September, and then a one-way ticket to Berlin! I will be seeing my host sister, who I last saw when I was 15 and she was 16. Then onto a month of house sitting in Munich during Oktoberfest. And then...will make it up as a go along.

If I get to the US, hopefully will get a chance to say hi to more of you in person.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back