Sunday Weigh In (7/3/2016)

@DSRIGGS: It's tough, because I try super hard not to get burnt but I am just too fair and ginger to ever succeed.

Apart from the snorkel trip and the boat trip today, I was in the shade from about 10.30am till 4pm (hottest part of the day), wear a swim shirt, slather on sunscreen, always wear a hat. I reapplied sunscreen all day snorkelling, but it's never enough. The rays of the sun are drawn to my pasty flesh.

All the Scandinavians were lying on the beach all day sunbaking and just turned nice and brown. Not fair!

P.S. getting burnt on the backs of your legs, thighs and half your arse is reaaaaally uncomfortable. I do not recommend it.
I hear you dear. I am fair skinned myself, not ginger but was a toe head until 18 and not the California surfer dude who tans type....the kind the turns lobster colored when cooked.

@southernlady
I need a Sun Hat like Greg Norman always wore, but they were always too small for my melon. I need to try now that I have shrunk because I feel like my head deflated immensely when I look at pictures

@southernlady
I need a Sun Hat like Greg Norman always wore, but they were always too small for my melon. I need to try now that I have shrunk because I feel like my head deflated immensely when I look at pictures
What we got was a Tilley hat. After my daddy died, we had some of his stuff still here. Among the things we kept were many of his hats. He had a Tilley. Turns out dh needed a size smaller than the one my daddy wore but it worked until we could get him his own. It's rated to an UPF of 50+.

What we got was a Tilley hat. After my daddy died, we had some of his stuff still here. Among the things we kept were many of his hats. He had a Tilley. Turns out dh needed a size smaller than the one my daddy wore but it worked until we could get him his own. It's rated to an UPF of 50+.
I will have to take a look. LOL I don't know if I am responsible enough to own an $82 hat. :D

@DSRIGGS Tilley will replace your hat if it is damaged or even if it blows off your head and vanishes. In that regard, it's worth the $82. Look on Amazon -- sometimes you can find certain styles on sale for $50. You'll need to have your wife measure the circumference of your head to get the correct size.

@harrietvane I have always been baffled at the fair Swedes ability to tan. I'm Viking-Scottish ergo seems to me we're all from the same original stock but no. I think the difference is that my Swedish friends, with skin as fair as mine, aren't freckly and ruddy. Our melanin just clumps instead of doing something useful like create a protective tan. The good news is that if you keep out of the sun, in 20 years you'll look far younger than everybody else, including the Swedes.

Latest posts

Back