Sunday Weigh In (7/18/2015)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 143
This week 142

So it headed back in the right direction after driving myself off the cliff with peach cobbler two weeks ago. Of course, getting back to protein and fat FIRST helped.

Liz you are in the zone and doing well.

Me -
Last week 186
This week 182.4

I saw Dr Marshall on Wednesday and he was quite concerned. Labs had been drawn on Tuesday AM so he waned to review lab results and see me again in 2 weeks. He wanted me to try some different pancreatic enzyme to see if it made any difference (Different manufacturer). He had some samples and said just add to your current regimen. Pretty sure he knows it won't work but wanted to see if it does have any impact.

BTW - I take the highest dose of Creon they make which is 36,000 units. Two with meals and one with snacks so end up taking 8-11 a day typically. So in total that is 288,000 - 396,000 units a day.

FYI - the lowest dose/pill size is 6,000 units

I will know more in 2 weeks but I am pretty confident that I know what will happen, as my absorption at 22 months is pretty much where it is going to be. Could it still pick up a little? Sure, but it isn't realistic to think that all of the sudden at two years out it is going to move enough to make any difference. If was not taking any CREON and healthy I wouldn't care if my weight dropped to 175 (Too skinny but I really don't care about weight) but with the high dose of CREON that I am on (it does have side effects) the weight loss trend (not the actual number) is a major issue. Without the CREON I am pretty sure I would be dead or an invalid in a hospital somewhere.

Liz you are in the zone and doing well.

Me -
Last week 186
This week 182.4

I saw Dr Marshall on Wednesday and he was quite concerned. Labs had been drawn on Tuesday AM so he waned to review lab results and see me again in 2 weeks. He wanted me to try some different pancreatic enzyme to see if it made any difference (Different manufacturer). He had some samples and said just add to your current regimen. Pretty sure he knows it won't work but wanted to see if it does have any impact.

BTW - I take the highest dose of Creon they make which is 36,000 units. Two with meals and one with snacks so end up taking 8-11 a day typically. So in total that is 288,000 - 396,000 units a day.

FYI - the lowest dose/pill size is 6,000 units

I will know more in 2 weeks but I am pretty confident that I know what will happen, as my absorption at 22 months is pretty much where it is going to be. Could it still pick up a little? Sure, but it isn't realistic to think that all of the sudden at two years out it is going to move enough to make any difference. If was not taking any CREON and healthy I wouldn't care if my weight dropped to 175 (Too skinny but I really don't care about weight) but with the high dose of CREON that I am on (it does have side effects) the weight loss trend (not the actual number) is a major issue. Without the CREON I am pretty sure I would be dead or an invalid in a hospital somewhere.
I'm sorry you went down. I know you are probably headed to a revision but PLEASE make sure your vitamin and protein levels are in exceptional shape. You don't want to go into that with ANY marginal levels.
LW: 290.2
TW: 287.0

Woohoo! Still losing at a good clip!
Good for you! I know the excitement of losing at that clip. :)

I'm sorry you went down. I know you are probably headed to a revision but PLEASE make sure your vitamin and protein levels are in exceptional shape. You don't want to go into that with ANY marginal levels.

Good for you! I know the excitement of losing at that clip. :)
Thanks Liz.
I am working hard on those levels. My Protein and Albumin have both been in range the last 3 reads. Albumin has actually been pretty darn good but Tot Prot is still marginal at best.
upload_2015-7-19_8-1-1.png
upload_2015-7-19_8-0-20.png

Not high by any stretch but much better than the 4.5 it was last year in September.

upload_2015-7-19_8-13-34.png
My Zinc came up a bit this month

Component Standard Range Your Value
ZINC 0.66 - 1.10 mcg/mL 0.84

Copper is still low at 0.7 and bottom of range is 0.75 so need to do a little work there but I havent been taking extra as I was more worried about Zinc.

Still waiting on CMP (worries me since they haven't released it so it makes me wonder if they saw something they don't like), A, B, D, E and K ....surprised the copper and zinc came back already as they are send out labs as well like these other but the CMP should have been back the day after the draw.

Yes, I'm pleased so far. I've noticed that I will have a slow period but my body changes during that time. It's all part of the process I'm embracing.

Last week 169
This week 168
A pound less than my typical range, crazy!

Took my last certification exam yesterday morning, off to write a paper today, and then more papers this week to get ahead to travel for training for the new job. Got my own room! Not as good as free, but my sanity is worth it :rolleyes::D
Have a great week y'all!
(p.s. Liz- why am I not finding ripe peaches yet? I was in Gaffney yesterday and was so excited to grab a bunch to make some preserves and they didn't smell ripe :frown: )

Last week 169
This week 168

Took my last certification exam yesterday morning, off to write a paper today, and then more papers this week to get ahead to travel for training for the new job. Got my own room! Not as good as free, but my sanity is worth it :rolleyes::D
Have a great week y'all!
(p.s. Liz- why am I not finding ripe peaches yet? I was in Gaffney yesterday and was so excited to grab a bunch to make some preserves and they didn't smell ripe :frown: )
Home of the water tower that looks like an ass crack! :D My boys were like 7 and 5 when we were living in SC an they laughed forever when we went by the big peach water tower (Ass crack is what it looks like).

peach-Peach_Water_Tower-20000000001561750-500x375.jpg

Last edited:
Last week 169
This week 168

Have a great week y'all!
LOL, good for you. And YES on your own room.

As far as peaches...my favorite stand is not open this year. I suspect the man who owned it either passed away or has major health issues. I got mine at Belue Farms and let mine sit on the counter for a few days to finish ripening. Abbotts usually has peaches. Strawberry Hill off Hwy 11 on the west side of Chesnee.

They usually sell peaches a bit green since they ripen so fast and then they either have to toss them or hope people buy VERY ripe peaches. As the season gets further along, ripe ones are much easier to find. And the season is JUST now in full swing...we have at least another month.

Home of the water tower that looks like an ass crack! :D My boys were like 7 and 5 when we were living in SC an they laughed forever when we went by the big peach water tower (Ass crack is what it looks like).
It's been under renovation THIS year, they JUST finished it in time for the SC Peach Festival that started on the 10th and finishes up today!

And yeah...it does. They actually had a murals artist come in to repaint it...and rolling it not spraying it.

Latest posts

Back