Sunday Weigh In (7/11/2021)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 139
This week 139
I’m still avoiding “stupid” carbs but not denying myself. This time of year when I can get fresh corn, I like to grill about three or four, cut them in half, drown them in butter and just enjoy.

I also think my longer than typical common channel (175) is finally being helpful, I think. Got my last A. Now I didn’t need A for about 5 years, then it went to the bottom end of normal so I added it. But only two days a week, that bumped it back to mid normal. For some reason, my last one was 3 points above range. I’m planning on cutting back to one a week. Also my D is still too high, so that one which had been 6 days is now 4. My PCP told me I was making her life easy.

Last week: 170
This week: 169.5

I spent most of the week at 170 which is a GOOD thing for me. It means things are stabilizing since I’m not wildly bouncing up and down. The past two days I’ve been 169.5 so again, encouraging.

Losing regain is interesting. I feel so impatient. I know I really “only” have 15 pounds to lose now and it’s slow. Much slower than I’d like. I feel like I’m putting in so much work and not getting much return, as it is. At least scale wise. I have lost inches, my clothes are back to fitting better, and I’ve almost completely eliminated my junk food eating and sugar cravings. So it’s not like nothing is happening .. it’s just not happening on the scale itself which irritates me.

Last week: 170
This week: 169.5

I spent most of the week at 170 which is a GOOD thing for me. It means things are stabilizing since I’m not wildly bouncing up and down. The past two days I’ve been 169.5 so again, encouraging.

Losing regain is interesting. I feel so impatient. I know I really “only” have 15 pounds to lose now and it’s slow. Much slower than I’d like. I feel like I’m putting in so much work and not getting much return, as it is. At least scale wise. I have lost inches, my clothes are back to fitting better, and I’ve almost completely eliminated my junk food eating and sugar cravings. So it’s not like nothing is happening .. it’s just not happening on the scale itself which irritates me.
Losing weight after you’ve lost most of it and settled, is similar to normies losing a few lbs. They have to work at it some. But you are doing great.

Last week 198
This week 198.6

Did our biweekly grocery shopping expedition (shopping for 5 adults is a bit of a project) and cut the grass this weekend. Didn't get much else done. You'd never know it from the scale but have had some "tiny tummy" episodes this week where I could not eat very much. Haven't had that too often since early postop.

Last week 198
This week 198.6

Did our biweekly grocery shopping expedition (shopping for 5 adults is a bit of a project) and cut the grass this weekend. Didn't get much else done. You'd never know it from the scale but have had some "tiny tummy" episodes this week where I could not eat very much. Haven't had that too often since early postop.
Good for you. Shopping for multiple people is definitely a project. I hae a friend who currently shops for 6 adults and two children. It is very time consuming.

Tiny tummy days are reasonable normal for many of us.

I have lost inches, my clothes are back to fitting better, and I’ve almost completely eliminated my junk food eating and sugar cravings. So it’s not like nothing is happening .. it’s just not happening on the scale itself which irritates me.

maybe weigh yourself less if it bothers you? seriously, losing inches is MUCH better than the scale moving down.

LW: 67.6kg / 149 lbs
TW: 69.1kg / 152 lbs

Honestly no idea to the rhyme and reason behind the gain, but oh well - continue onwards!

Last night was the final of the Euros, and the Italian team won. Lots of celebration and honking of car horns outside my window. After the last year of lockdown, it was a great atmosphere even to just watch at home and participate in from my window.

LW: 67.6kg / 149 lbs
TW: 69.1kg / 152 lbs

Honestly no idea to the rhyme and reason behind the gain, but oh well - continue onwards!

Last night was the final of the Euros, and the Italian team won. Lots of celebration and honking of car horns outside my window. After the last year of lockdown, it was a great atmosphere even to just watch at home and participate in from my window.
Sounds like fun, as long as you can participate at your own level of comfort. As far as your weight, who the hell knows

maybe weigh yourself less if it bothers you? seriously, losing inches is MUCH better than the scale moving down.
Nah, I need to weigh daily. It presents the reality that weight isn’t linear. It’s also a gauge for how the day went. I know I don’t gain/lose 5 pounds of fat in a day, for example, but that can indicate I didn’t get enough water, had more salt, or even simply didn’t eat enough. Or because bodies are glorious, a combo of all three.

to me, weighing daily is healthy. I have tried weighing once a week and I don’t like the surprise of working on something for a week and not knowing how it’ll play out.

Nah, I need to weigh daily. It presents the reality that weight isn’t linear. It’s also a gauge for how the day went. I know I don’t gain/lose 5 pounds of fat in a day, for example, but that can indicate I didn’t get enough water, had more salt, or even simply didn’t eat enough. Or because bodies are glorious, a combo of all three.

to me, weighing daily is healthy. I have tried weighing once a week and I don’t like the surprise of working on something for a week and not knowing how it’ll play out.
Okay. But we have so many others who stress out and make themselves crazy if it doesn’t drop daily.

Still on vacation. If I come across a scale I will weigh myself and finally know what direction I am going. I hope the results are good.

Latest posts

Back