Sunday Weigh In (6/9/2019)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
147 last week
147 this week.

Got my labs done Tuesday morning, now just waiting for the results.
Doing lots of walking since this place is huge. We are parked just inside gate A on Ring Road. Last time, we were in the Infield which is inside the oval horse track near the stage. No trees there. We have one tree. We are backed up near the train tracks which parallels Ring Road. Carnival area is where they put all the outdoor exhibitors.

Things begin for real this afternoon with the First Timers meeting (we did that 2 years ago). Then a chili dog “dinner” with meet and greet.

Yesterday we went to an Amish Home dinner. Good God, the food. Most of it carbs but we, as usual, ate our meat first, then did a bit of everything else. We had fried chicken, meatloaf (not as good as mine but dh said it was better than his mom’s, he loves mine), mashed potatoes, dressing, homemade noodles, gravy, fresh green beans, homemade bread with apple butter or Amish peanut butter or both :) , slice of pie (I had the strawberry rhubarb) and they also had ice cream with homemade caramel sauce. That was at 1PM. Supper time, I was still stuffed. I had two small Babybel cheeses!

FairMap2019revised.jpg

LW: 141
TW: 143

I am on staycation now and have played fast and loose with carbs and fun foods all week since I do not use the bathroom at work. :oops:
It is time to get myself back together! I still have a deep fear that one day I will wake up and suddenly find myself weighing 250#. Funny how that works.

Hello Liz and Friends,
It's been a while. I stepped on the scale after finally admitting to myself my cloths are tight and I am not feeling my best...dun dun dun... I have gained a bit of weight. No surprise there. The amount is shocking to me so here I am to fess up, see it in writing and do something about it before it gets out of hand.

Last Weigh in 2/3: 128
Today: 138

Oh my goodness. The fact the date and my weight gain correlates with the start of a new job is significant and not lost on me. It is also sedentary and I am stress eating because I do not really like it to boot. Not a great situation.

So this is the first step. Second step walking in the AM, as we are now in the triple digits. Third track food and fluids...and so on. ten pounds to loose in a couple of months if possible but however long it takes is fine...

I wish everyone a happy Sunday.

Best,
Whit

LW 148
TW 147

Staying steady on the weight front. Still feeling tired and struggling with low blood pressure and blood sugar— it’s preventing me from enjoying some of the nice weather a bit (lots of naps). But all in all. Not doing too bad

southernlady the fair and Amish food fest sound very fun! Will you be making the fair rounds this summer? Imagine all the deep-fried fatty foods you could eat! Yum.
We are using the fairgrounds for an RV Rally. The fair here doesn’t start til mid July. DH and I don’t do fairs, I haven’t been to a state/county fair since I was about 8 years old. And events like a fair are too peopley. We ONLY do this rally and it’s only held every other year so we won’t be back here til 2021! (Yikes, that sounds so far away).

LW: 141
TW: 143

I am on staycation now and have played fast and loose with carbs and fun foods all week since I do not use the bathroom at work. :oops:
It is time to get myself back together! I still have a deep fear that one day I will wake up and suddenly find myself weighing 250#. Funny how that works.
I think we all have that fear. At least with the DS, we stand an excellent chance of getting it back off.
Hello Liz and Friends,
It's been a while. I stepped on the scale after finally admitting to myself my cloths are tight and I am not feeling my best...dun dun dun... I have gained a bit of weight. No surprise there. The amount is shocking to me so here I am to fess up, see it in writing and do something about it before it gets out of hand.

Last Weigh in 2/3: 128
Today: 138

Oh my goodness. The fact the date and my weight gain correlates with the start of a new job is significant and not lost on me. It is also sedentary and I am stress eating because I do not really like it to boot. Not a great situation.

So this is the first step. Second step walking in the AM, as we are now in the triple digits. Third track food and fluids...and so on. ten pounds to loose in a couple of months if possible but however long it takes is fine...

I wish everyone a happy Sunday.

Best,
Whit
Whit, sorry your job isn’t a good fit. Stress eating is a killer!

Ok, buckle down, ditch the carbs, and walk!
LW 148
TW 147

Staying steady on the weight front. Still feeling tired and struggling with low blood pressure and blood sugar— it’s preventing me from enjoying some of the nice weather a bit (lots of naps). But all in all. Not doing too bad
Sorry you are tired. When were your last labs, esp an iron panel? Be good to yourself.

Last week 219.6
This week 216.8

Just went down to 36 pants. Wife has some 34 inch jeans she picked up to wear at work until her uniforms came in. On a whim I tried them on. I can get them fastened with difficulty. So I'm not in them yet, but probably in a few weeks. Also stole one of her old long sleeve shirts for pajamas. She's complaining (in jest) that now I'm the small one.

4-14. 114
This week. 115

It’s been a crazy time. I can’t remember what I’ve shared last. I’m pretty sure I had told about my brother being hospitalized April 5. He was moved from Nashville to a Geri/Pych ward of our local hospital on April 22. Stayed there until May 18 when he was transferred to a skilled nursing home where he died on the 20th. I was with him as much as I could be, staying round the clock in the last days, going home to shower, change, etc. His dementia worsened by leaps and bounds while hospitalized and nearly overnight he went from being mobile with assistance to bedridden and unable to speak such that I could understand. He stopped eating much of anything and swallowing was gone. It is such a helpless feeling sitting beside a loved one and not being able to do more than hold their hand and stroke their face and tell them you love them. I’ve done this five times now with loved ones and can’t take many more times! He was my big brother, 10 years older than me but only 71. We have always been really close. He moved here a year ago April and we had such big plans we were going to do. We could tell he had medical problems almost as soon as he arrived. I found him a PCP and he was seeing her, then a stroke in October and the nightmare began. Things can change in the blink of an eye! His daughter made it to visit in time for him to know who she was, and once she left he only lasted about 4 days. Son didn’t come, they had some sort of stupid falling out a few years back. He was cremated and we’re having a graveside memorial service June 22 and we will bury his ashes in the cemetery next to where my husband and I will be. His daughter is coming and , get this, his son. Our sister will also come, she’s 2 years older than my brother.

So, I dealt with funeral home, wrote obit for hometown paper, made the necessary calls such as ins companies, cell provider, etc. I am on his bank account and savings and he owned no real estate, and I had his vehicle picked up by GM Finance back in February so only personal property to handle. He was renting a little house from a relative of my husband and they have graciously said to take our time and no further rent was to be paid as they have no plans to rent it. They only rented to him as a favor to us. So as soon as this service is over and company leaves I’ll have to get the house cleared out and sell the huge amount of power tools and hand tools he had and the household goods. Kids will only be here a few days and won’t be any help.

I’ve been so out of pocket for so long that this house is in bad shape! So much to do, not much time. Then the 5 grandkids come middle of July for 3 weeks. If it wasn’t for my DS I’d never be able to make it. Tomorrow is my 3 year surgiversary.

Thanks for listening, it is helpful to talk.

Susan

LW: 122
two days ago 120

what I said last week still goes
this is after yet another week of feeling like I am eating as much as I can possibly stuff in

but I had been weighing after a meal or two and this week was on an empty stomach maybe? well, it was 2 days ago, I'm not sure but, as usual, I believe it is explained by my anxiety, which comes and goes.

wow, Liz, sounds like a great time! :)

I still have a deep fear that one day I will wake up and suddenly find myself weighing 250#. Funny how that works.
I used to have that fear a lot, not so much lately. honestly not sure if it's gone for good or will be back; could go either way!

The fact the date and my weight gain correlates with the start of a new job is significant and not lost on me. It is also sedentary and I am stress eating because I do not really like it to boot. Not a great situation.
I'm glad to see you back, Whit, even if you aren't happy with where you are. I suspect you will have no trouble taking it off, especially since you are willing to take "however long it takes" - that strikes me as healthy.

I'm sorry to hear you aren't liking your job - I've had nothing but jobs I've hated for years and tomorrow I start one that I might actually...well, enjoy maybe? but at least not hate and feel is useful. but it's minimum wage! life is just hard, sometimes.
wishing you better times! :hug:

Still feeling tired and struggling with low blood pressure and blood sugar
I'm sorry to hear this! :confused:
:hug:

good for you, DonRobbie!!

I’ve done this five times now with loved ones and can’t take many more times! He was my big brother, 10 years older than me but only 71. We have always been really close. He moved here a year ago April and we had such big plans we were going to do. We could tell he had medical problems almost as soon as he arrived. I found him a PCP and he was seeing her, then a stroke in October and the nightmare began. Things can change in the blink of an eye!

oh, Susan, I am so sorry for your loss, this is just heartbreaking. I'm glad his kids are able to come, I would guess his son will always regret not seeming him at the end. but it's awful they won't be any help with all you have to do.

If it wasn’t for my DS I’d never be able to make it. Tomorrow is my 3 year surgiversary.
please take care of yourself! and Happy (sad) Surgiversary. :hug:

Holy cow Susan— that’s a lot going on. Stay strong and make sure to take care of yourself through it all

We are using the fairgrounds for an RV Rally. The fair here doesn’t start til mid July. DH and I don’t do fairs, I haven’t been to a state/county fair since I was about 8 years old. And events like a fair are too peopley. We ONLY do this rally and it’s only held every other year so we won’t be back here til 2021! (Yikes, that sounds so far away).

I think we all have that fear. At least with the DS, we stand an excellent chance of getting it back off.

Whit, sorry your job isn’t a good fit. Stress eating is a killer!

Ok, buckle down, ditch the carbs, and walk!

Sorry you are tired. When were your last labs, esp an iron panel? Be good to yourself.

Had full set of labs early May. Everything looked pretty good - iron serum was on the high side, but not alarming and ferritin was also at the very high end of normal. D and Calcium were both low (same ones I’ve been struggling with since pre-op. A1C was less than 3. They actually sent it to a special lab to see if we could get an actual number bc the normal lab doesn’t qualify below 4.2. But it was still below the limit of quant for the new lab too. All other vites were good. bilirubin was slightly elevated (1.3) but not alarming to the Dr. Insulin and c-peptides were both low (which is astonishing with the low A1C). Triglycerides and cholesterol are both low- but always have been, even prepping. Overall the PCP isn’t alarmed at any of the results.

Have been alternating between constipation and diarrhea here lately with a lot of bloating and digestive discomfort on the lower end of things- have some upcoming appointments to try to get things back to “normal” a bit

His dementia worsened by leaps and bounds while hospitalized and nearly overnight he went from being mobile with assistance to bedridden and unable to speak such that I could understand. He stopped eating much of anything and swallowing was gone. It is such a helpless feeling sitting beside a loved one and not being able to do more than hold their hand and stroke their face and tell them you love them. I’ve done this five times now with loved ones and can’t take many more times! He was my big brother, 10 years older than me but only 71. We have always been really close. He moved here a year ago April and we had such big plans we were going to do.

I'm so sorry for your pain, your lost plans with your big brother and your loss. You holding space for your loved ones as they pass on is such a powerful and strong thing you have done. Not many can do one yet you did it five times. Take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts.

Latest posts

Back