Sunday Weigh In (6/5/2016)

LW BMI: 25.6
TW BMI: 25.1

Size inflation is CRAZY. I'm wearing size 6 Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and they're not tight -- Costco doesn't carry them any smaller. Back in the late 70s I weighed 125-130 and wore size 12-14 (I'd never heard of the existence of a 0, 2, 4 back then. Size 6 was as small as it got and that was teeny.). In the late 80s at 110 I wore a size 6. Back up to 125-130 in the late 90s I was a size 6 (even a few 4s). By the time I get down to that weight I'll probably wear a 2... and still not be able to fit in the size 12s from the 70s.

LW 95.2 kg | 209.9 lbs
TW 94.6 kg | 208.5 lbs

Another hard week with food, and feeling off all weekend. I slept and read most of the weekend.

At least you know your scale works! I was beginning to think that 147 was painted on there ;)
WTG...

Yeah, it works but could it have worked the OTHER direction?
LW BMI: 25.6
TW BMI: 25.1

Size inflation is CRAZY. I'm wearing size 6 Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and they're not tight -- Costco doesn't carry them any smaller. Back in the late 70s I weighed 125-130 and wore size 12-14 (I'd never heard of the existence of a 0, 2, 4 back then. Size 6 was as small as it got and that was teeny.). In the late 80s at 110 I wore a size 6. Back up to 125-130 in the late 90s I was a size 6 (even a few 4s). By the time I get down to that weight I'll probably wear a 2... and still not be able to fit in the size 12s from the 70s.
You are ALMOST to normal BMI...

Yeah, vanity sizing at it's worse. I have my Army uniform from the early 80's (and those sizes seem set in stone). A 14 skirt JUST barely fit at 130 lbs...where I was wearing a size 4 jeans at the time.
LW 203.4
TW 202.2

Of course my body is going to drag out the journey to onederland as long as it can!

Have a good week everyone!
LOL...yes, but you will get there. You are doing great.

LW 286
TW 281
...and progress resumes

Stress was up this week, longest 4 day work week ever with a major unannounced regulatory inspection which will continue all next week too. before the DS I typically saw the scale climb during such inspections, so I'm super pleased with the substantial loss.

LW 213
TW 212

My daughter graduated from High school yesterday. She starts her summer college classes on Monday. This is one proud dad! Have a great week losers.
Congrats, Jim, to your daughter AND you and your wife.

And to lose a lb on top of it!
LW 286
TW 281
...and progress resumes

Stress was up this week, longest 4 day work week ever with a major unannounced regulatory inspection which will continue all next week too. before the DS I typically saw the scale climb during such inspections, so I'm super pleased with the substantial loss.
You are doing great. Just remember to take care of yourself during this, very stressful, time.

It been 2 weeks ...

LW: 131
TW: 131

Last weekend I was in the desert meeting with contractor, purchasing a big ass AC, paint, baseboards, tiles, meeting with the contractor, locksmith, utilities guy. Habitat for Humanity picked up all of the furniture and crazy dated 80s Southwest decor. It took 2 trucks. They were thrilled. Moving sucks!

I have 5 working days left over the next 2 weeks. Scary and thrilling. Cross your fingers friends hopefully I'll find something in PS.

Have a great week

Whit

It been 2 weeks ...

LW: 131
TW: 131

Last weekend I was in the desert meeting with contractor, purchasing a big ass AC, paint, baseboards, tiles, meeting with the contractor, locksmith, utilities guy. Habitat for Humanity picked up all of the furniture and crazy dated 80s Southwest decor. It took 2 trucks. They were thrilled. Moving sucks!

I have 5 working days left over the next 2 weeks. Scary and thrilling. Cross your fingers friends hopefully I'll find something in PS.

Have a great week

Whit
Holding steady!

Yes, it does BUT it is also an adventure.

LW 127
TW 127

Holding steady....
Finally got the call from Kaiser with my hip replacement surgery date... July 20th. While it's good to have the date, it really sucks that it's 10 days before the new school year starts. Never had a sub start the year for me and that will mean added work for me :(. Just don't think I should wait till next summer.

Also, I was really looking forward to climbing the rock wall at camp late September. Had challenged myself to conquer the 'nose' this time! (Protrusion on left). Probably won't be a wise move with my new hip.
image.jpeg
Sounds like most had a great week! One pound is nothing serious, Liz. You know how water weight plays with us!

Last edited:
LW 127
TW 127

Holding steady....
Finally got the call from Kaiser with my hip replacement surgery date... July 20th. While it's good to have the date, it really sucks that it's 10 days before the new school year starts. Never had a sub start the year for me and that will mean added work for me :(. Just don't think I should wait till next summer.

Also, I was really looking forward to climbing the rock wall at camp late September. Had challenged myself to conquer the 'nose' this time! (Protrusion on left). Probably won't be a wise move with me new hip.
View attachment 1105
Sounds like most had a great week! One pound is nothing serious, Liz. You know how water weight plays with us!
Glad you got a date. Make sure your labs are stellar and it wouldn't hurt to add extra protein to help heal later.

And yes, you are maintaining well. Yes, I know one lb is nothing but if I don't watch it, one turns into two, then three.

I know exactly what you mean, Liz! That's why this thread is so important to me. Maintenance does have its constant fluctuations, but have to monitor consistently so it doesn't slowly creep up. I still think you are doing great! :thumbsup:

I'm still at it up down up down. Lol 148.55 so up about 3 or 4 lbs from last week. To be honest I know I can't complain because I eat whatever I want. I don't even think about better choices. Lol I want it i eat it. Lol
I believe it was Diana who said she could get lower but chooses not to diet and eats as she pleases. I think that's where I'm at right now...

:eatingchocolate::choc:

Latest posts

Back