Sunday Weigh In (6/30/2019)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 147
This week 146

It is with much sadness that my husband and I announce the demise of our Aristan dryer. Discovered it wasn’t working Friday. There was evidence that the mobile tech who “fixed” it in January used too small a gage wire when he repaired which burned through. There was evidence of black soot and it smelled of smoke which means we had an electrical fire. Could have lost our 5th wheel.

So while I can still wash clothes in the rig, it will be a month before we will be in one place long enough to order the dryer. I spent $6 dollars yesterday JUST to dry what had washed. I figured up one time, that to wash and dry in my own only used $3.00 worth of electricity for three loads.

so glad you didn't lose your home or your lives in the fire!!

I'm not weighing this week but I went to my doctor and weighed there and am only down 2 pounds since I first started going to him (May?) so I think it's better not to check today.

tomorrow I start a new job (cleaning offices) that I hope will be the low stress I am looking for! last day at the nursing home yesterday was a big outdoor picnic and I got a terrible headache from so much work in the hot sun despite drinking water like crazy. I'm glad to be done there.

I'm not weighing this week but I went to my doctor and weighed there and am only down 2 pounds since I first started going to him (May?) so I think it's better not to check today.

tomorrow I start a new job (cleaning offices) that I hope will be the low stress I am looking for! last day at the nursing home yesterday was a big outdoor picnic and I got a terrible headache from so much work in the hot sun despite drinking water like crazy. I'm glad to be done there.
Hot sun can give you headaches. I’m hoping the cleaning job suits you and is low key on the stress level.

Hello all,
6/9: 138
TW: 137

Well it’s been an active couple of weeks. I quit my job. Gave 2 weeks, without a new job or really any prospects. I was so unhappy. I gained 5-8 pounds in that 6 month period. I’m just not suited to sit at a desk all day. I told them it really wasn’t a fit and I could leave when ever they wanted, tomorrow, next week, two weeks... they haven’t even started looking. So on Tuesday when it reached 2 weeks I’ll ask where they are in finding a replacement. I also need to make a more concerted search for a new gig.

Wish me luck! Have a good week...
Whit

6/9: 143
Today: 145

On the plus side - I am so enjoying my staycation! I have been walking daily, bike riding daily, and riding horses 3x per week. It is glorious to be fit enough to participate and enjoy physical activity.

On the negative side -- bread has reentered my life in a big way. It went from being an occasional treat to a daily bread fix (not to mention all the other carbs). I am on a (bloated) slippery slope and I know it!

Have a good week everyone.

Hello all,
6/9: 138
TW: 137

Well it’s been an active couple of weeks. I quit my job. Gave 2 weeks, without a new job or really any prospects. I was so unhappy. I gained 5-8 pounds in that 6 month period. I’m just not suited to sit at a desk all day. I told them it really wasn’t a fit and I could leave when ever they wanted, tomorrow, next week, two weeks... they haven’t even started looking. So on Tuesday when it reached 2 weeks I’ll ask where they are in finding a replacement. I also need to make a more concerted search for a new gig.

Wish me luck! Have a good week...
Whit
I wouldn’t bother asking if they found one. After all, you gave notice and they accepted. Focus on you. Get out and find your new career.

But it definitely sounds like it wasn’t a good fit for you.

6/9: 143
Today: 145

On the plus side - I am so enjoying my staycation! I have been walking daily, bike riding daily, and riding horses 3x per week. It is glorious to be fit enough to participate and enjoy physical activity.

On the negative side -- bread has reentered my life in a big way. It went from being an occasional treat to a daily bread fix (not to mention all the other carbs). I am on a (bloated) slippery slope and I know it!

Have a good week everyone.
Kick bread to the curb! Other than overdoing the bread, sounds like your staycation was fulfilling.

Last week 212.4
This week 212.8

Backed up a little bit so I'm not too worried about the gain. Bought some 34 stretch shorts at Sam's and they are quite comfy. 34 jeans are still snug. I could probably wear them and they'd stretch out in an hour or three but I'm not quite brave enough to set out for a 12 hour day at work in them yet. I measured my waist, it's actually 40 inches so, yes Virginia, vanity sizing is totally a thing for guys too.

So on Tuesday when it reached 2 weeks I’ll ask where they are in finding a replacement. I also need to make a more concerted search for a new gig.

No, on Tuesday when it is two weeks, thank them all, wish them well, and do not go back. You do not owe them any more than the 2 week notice.

Great! You can turn on music and get into the cleaning zone. I would find the brain-break to be very fun. I have a friend who owns her own office cleaning service and makes a very good income from it.

My wife worked for a year or so cleaning at a Hospital in town and found it pretty relaxing.

Last week 212.4
This week 212.8

Backed up a little bit so I'm not too worried about the gain. Bought some 34 stretch shorts at Sam's and they are quite comfy. 34 jeans are still snug. I could probably wear them and they'd stretch out in an hour or three but I'm not quite brave enough to set out for a 12 hour day at work in them yet. I measured my waist, it's actually 40 inches so, yes Virginia, vanity sizing is totally a thing for guys too.
Going up a smidgen isn’t bad. And great on the new clothes.
I need to throw out the carbs and only buy only protein and veggies. My inner voice wants to argue, "But the Bible says, 'Gives us this day our daily bread.'" :cool:
Yeah, but the bread of early Christianity is not the bread we know now.

I quit my job. Gave 2 weeks, without a new job or really any prospects.

good for you, Whit, I'm sure you are doing it the right way (not like I did it, I mean)

have been walking daily, bike riding daily, and riding horses 3x per week. It is glorious to be fit enough to participate and enjoy physical activity.
sorry about the bloat, but this is all good. isn't it great?
Great! You can turn on music and get into the cleaning zone. I would find the brain-break to be very fun. I have a friend who owns her own office cleaning service and makes a very good income from it.
I am so hopeful! was supposed to start tomorrow but just got a text that my security clearance isn't in yet. or whatever. so, at least tomorrow with no work. good deal: I already have a hike planned.
he bread of early Christianity is not the bread we know now.

this is exactly right, it isn't.

Last week 113.6
This week 113.6 Same!

Things here are holding steady. Trying to pull my flowers through this hot wave, and am making pickles and freezing green beans. Going to make pickle relish in a day or two, I use a lot if it in tuna and chicken salad. Going to talk to a lawyer this morning regarding some business with my brother’s estate (the kids now are showing interest and concern, surprise, surprise).

Last week 113.6
This week 113.6 Same!

Things here are holding steady. Trying to pull my flowers through this hot wave, and am making pickles and freezing green beans. Going to make pickle relish in a day or two, I use a lot if it in tuna and chicken salad. Going to talk to a lawyer this morning regarding some business with my brother’s estate (the kids now are showing interest and concern, surprise, surprise).
Good for you and it sounds like you are focusing on doing things YOU want to do now. Even if I had a regular kitchen and the space to store stuff, I would have no clue how to make pickles. Freezing fresh green beans, I know how to do that. :)

Latest posts

Back