Sunday Weigh In (6/24/2018)

Its been a while since I checked in —found myself in Switzerland eating too many carbs - pastries chocolates and coffee all day long!

Last weight 3-4wks ago. 142
TW 144

Feeling pretty good- weight has been pretty steady +/- 5 lbs for the past 4 months or so. My size has gone down a bit as things are finally tightening up a bit and I must say it feels great

LW: 142
TW: 142

My weight is steady but my body is also changing. My size 8 pants are all too big now.

Is this an NSV, "Your face doesn't look as saggy and wrinkled as it did. It looks better." - ?? haha.

Last edited:
Its been a while since I checked in —found myself in Switzerland eating too many carbs - pastries chocolates and coffee all day long!

Last weight 3-4wks ago. 142
TW 144

Feeling pretty good- weight has been pretty steady +/- 5 lbs for the past 4 months or so. My size has gone down a bit as things are finally tightening up a bit and I must say it feels great
Hope you enjoyed Switzerland and took plenty of photos.

Good for you for staying fairly steady.
LW: 142
TW: 142

My weight is steady but my body is also changing. My size 8 pants are all too big now.

Is this an NSV, "Your face doesn't look as saggy and wrinkled as it did. It looks better." - ?? haha.
YES it’s an NSV, means your body is finally adjusting to itself. We almost all look gaunt the first year or so til the body readjusts.

Good for you for staying steady.

LW: 126
TW: 126

Stayed steady this week. I’ve been a bit blue. A side effect of Dexcilant and Prolia, I take both, can be depression and anxiety. I’m usually not to sensitive to the side effects of most drugs. Not so these. I have an appointment with a Psychiatrist this week. I’m not looking forward to it. Who likes to look at themselves to closely. No me! I sure don’t want to add another drug on board.

Anyway wish me luck.

Have a great week
Whit

I think last time I posted was a couple weeks ago. At that time I was 118.8
This week: 117.2. I really don't want to lose much more, if any, but I guess I'll just see what's ahead. I also don't want to gain. I was 2 years post DS with Dr. Esquerra on June 10. I, too, had noticed changes in my body, even before these last few pounds.
Annette

Last week 316.4
This week 308.8
Keep bouncing around in the 310-320 area.
Doing good! I know you hope to see a 2 instead of a 3 very soon.
LW: 126
TW: 126

Stayed steady this week. I’ve been a bit blue. A side effect of Dexcilant and Prolia, I take both, can be depression and anxiety. I’m usually not to sensitive to the side effects of most drugs. Not so these. I have an appointment with a Psychiatrist this week. I’m not looking forward to it. Who likes to look at themselves to closely. No me! I sure don’t want to add another drug on board.

Anyway wish me luck.

Have a great week
Whit
Glad you stayed steady but hate that you are dealing with side effects.
I think last time I posted was a couple weeks ago. At that time I was 118.8
This week: 117.2. I really don't want to lose much more, if any, but I guess I'll just see what's ahead. I also don't want to gain. I was 2 years post DS with Dr. Esquerra on June 10. I, too, had noticed changes in my body, even before these last few pounds.
Annette
Have you considered something like creon? What is your current BMI and have you had labs done recently.

LW 152
TW 152
June 22nd was my one year anniversary for my DS. I feel like I am getting the hang of it to some extent. surgeon is pleased with my progress. I am a little hung up on eating the same foods over and over. Have to be honest, I have had some sugar as my son graduated HS and my husband I both had birthdays. It wasn't much fun after the fact, but I tried to navigate it without it letting me consume me either by wanting more or by feeling the guilt. :rolleyes: It's time to do some more investigating on diet choices.

Doing good! I know you hope to see a 2 instead of a 3 very soon.

Glad you stayed steady but hate that you are dealing with side effects.

Have you considered something like creon? What is your current BMI and have you had labs done recently.
southernlady , my bmi is 22.1. No, I haven't considered creon. I just got lab results this week, I'll post soon as I get time to as I do want help figuring them out. Thanks

southernlady , my bmi is 22.1. No, I haven't considered creon. I just got lab results this week, I'll post soon as I get time to as I do want help figuring them out. Thanks
Ok, unless your lab results are in the toilet, don’t freak out yet. Normal BMI is from 18.5 to 24.99999999. At a 22 BMI, while you may FEEL too thin, you aren’t. If you had always been normal weight, a 22.1 BMI would feel just right.

Give yourself time. I got to 121 at 16 months out, looked scrawny as hell, but now I’m fine. Tell your fat brain and eyes to STFU. If someone who never knew you obese or your doctor is concerned, then be concerned.

Thanks for the reassurance. I don't feel too thin but I don't want to look too thin, which I don't think I do yet. Husband hasn't complained, nor any strangers. So far just the "you're gonna blow away" type comments from people I know, and most are overweight.

My labs are not in the toilet, just need a bit of tweaking I think.

last week 150
this week 149

8 weeks post going off lexipro and, while it's better than it was, continue to struggle with anxiety and insomnia, especially. my guess is it would be more depression if we were in the dark part of the year. :cautious:

last week 150
this week 149

8 weeks post going off lexipro and, while it's better than it was, continue to struggle with anxiety and insomnia, especially. my guess is it would be more depression if we were in the dark part of the year. :cautious:
Doing good. And yes, if you are affected by light (SAD), then this is your time of year...lots of daylight.

Latest posts

Back