Sunday Weigh In (5/1/2022) Happy Beltane (May Day)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
And if you thought April was a rollercoaster of weather, May just said “hold my beer”.
Last week 123
This week 123
Spent yesterday doing yard work, Charles cut the grass and I pulled ivy out of a bed for an hour. Ivy is pretty but extremely invasive and dangerous to brick and trees. That “vine covered“ cottage didn’t have mortar.
We also grilled cow!

:grillinsmiley:

no, May weather is going to be MUCH better, what are you thinking? well, at least here. I was snowed in just a couple weeks ago.

glad you are maintaining well, Liz.

I did remember to weigh myself this past week but didn't write it down. I am up just slightly (like, less than a pound) but am so flabby and not at all fit I think my abdomen is twice as big as usual.

all I have to do is fix my life, and my eating will follow. I'm pretty sure.

Happy Beltane! Happy Mayday!

:intherain::beach:

Last week 199.4
This week 198.8

Had a productive weekend. Got my DOT physical done for work, got my second booster finally (fourth time was the charm), and switched winter clothes for summer in my dresser (still have a couple pieces out just in case and to avoid jinxing Spring).

no, May weather is going to be MUCH better, what are you thinking? well, at least here. I was snowed in just a couple weeks ago.

glad you are maintaining well, Liz.

I did remember to weigh myself this past week but didn't write it down. I am up just slightly (like, less than a pound) but am so flabby and not at all fit I think my abdomen is twice as big as usual.

all I have to do is fix my life, and my eating will follow. I'm pretty sure.

Happy Beltane! Happy Mayday!

:intherain::beach:
Less than a lb isn’t bad at all. May here doesn’t start to settle down til about mid month, until then, she’s as nuts as April, up/down/up down/ snow? Well maybe but not enough to count, there there are the window rattling thunderstorms.

I remember the year we moved from Michigan to NC, I left MI on May 6th and it was snowing. So yeah, hold my beer is exactly what May is saying.
Last week 199.4
This week 198.8

Had a productive weekend. Got my DOT physical done for work, got my second booster finally (fourth time was the charm), and switched winter clothes for summer in my dresser (still have a couple pieces out just in case and to avoid jinxing Spring).
Good for you. I moved most of my winter clothes into another closet. I do have some stuff that’s not winter/not summer/but is useful for fall/spring when it’s hard to know how to dress. I did spend most of today washing blankets and putting them away. Not all of them, just most.

A few days late, but better late than never I guess. I've never done a check-in before, truthfully..

Anyways...
  • Starting weight (pre-surgery, start of surgical program - August '21) - 396lb
  • "Second" starting weight (day before surgery, Jan 6 2022) - 348lb
  • Current weight (weighed on Sunday 5/1, posting today) - 268lb

As some of you have heard from my other posts, I had a few complications with my initial surgery and had a really long recovery but am finally starting to feel relatively normal - my heart rate and most other vitals are either back to pre-surgery levels or improved. Still have a lot of strength-loss and am hoping to get cleared to start working out in the gym a bit more here shortly.

I guess the only "concern" I have at the moment is that things have definitely started slowing down. I don't know if it's a "stall" or something, or just fairly normal, but for instance right now I'm just under 4 months out and have lost about 125lb total, but that 'pace' has slowed down a lot. By March 6 i'd weighed in at 290 lb, which is nearly 100lb total (about 60 from my day-of-surgery weight) in just ~two months and only about 25lb extra in the two months since then. But, to be fair, I do kinda wonder if my...unique...recovery period perhaps led to a bit faster loss initially than expected, as I'm sure I had a lot more nutritional deficiencies than would have been desired. Just kind of speculating though. I have my "three month" check in (schedule is a bit wonky at this point) with my surgeon next Friday, so hopefully can get a bit more clarity then.

I guess the only "concern" I have at the moment is that things have definitely started slowing down. I don't know if it's a "stall" or something, or just fairly normal, but for instance right now I'm just under 4 months out and have lost about 125lb total, but that 'pace' has slowed down a lot. By March 6 i'd weighed in at 290 lb, which is nearly 100lb total (about 60 from my day-of-surgery weight) in just ~two months and only about 25lb extra in the two months since then.
No one keeps up the initial pace. We all slow down. I lost 23 lbs my first month but was down to about 5 lbs by 7 months. That’s still a lb a week for me. This is not a sprint but a marathon. You didn’t gain it all at once, you won’t lose it all at once. Be patient, grasshopper, you’ll get there.

Latest posts

Back