Sunday Weigh In (4/2/2023)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 120
This week 119
My biggest issue is my appetite. We were in the grocery store and my brain wanted homemade pizza. Charles loves when I do this. Anyway, made it, sat down. Ate two bites and my sleeve said, no more. So I put the rest back. Got a greenish banana (found out borderline green bananas don’t spike my blood sugar, in fact it barely budges them. I’ve been wearing a continuous gluclose monitor since my hernia surgery and it’s been eye opening. I spent the day before yesterday fighting hypoglycemia. Kept falling below 70.

southernlady Hope you get the hypoglycemia under control. Maybe take a look at cornstarch? My very thin, UK-resident, non bariatric patient sister has been prescribed special cornstarch at regular intervals throughout the day due to a similar struggle with hypoglycemia so extreme that frequent fainting has left her wheelchair-bound.

I'm sorry things aren't going better, Liz
I’ve been wearing a continuous gluclose monitor since my hernia surgery and it’s been eye opening.

I'm glad you have that tool, anyway, so at least you can tell what difference any changes are making. I hope you can get it under control soon.

I finally remembered to weight myself at work and it's worse than I thought.

last time I was happy with my weight: less than 135
this week 143.

southernlady Hope you get the hypoglycemia under control. Maybe take a look at cornstarch? My very thin, UK-resident, non bariatric patient sister has been prescribed special cornstarch at regular intervals throughout the day due to a similar struggle with hypoglycemia so extreme that frequent fainting has left her wheelchair-bound.
I‘Ve read about cornstarch but don’t understand “special” cornstarch. And studies are difficult to nail down.
I'm sorry things aren't going better, Liz

I'm glad you have that tool, anyway, so at least you can tell what difference any changes are making. I hope you can get it under control soon.

I finally remembered to weight myself at work and it's worse than I thought.

last time I was happy with my weight: less than 135
this week 143.
Okay, you were doing fine, then you moved. You need to rein it in and get whatever extra off before it becomes more.
Yeah, while ignorance is bliss. I really needed the information.

I‘Ve read about cornstarch but don’t understand “special” cornstarch. And studies are difficult to nail down.

All I know is that it's pharmaceutical grade versus food grade. Guessing there are stricter purity or processing standards... She has to mix a specific amount with water and drink it every 3 hours.

All I know is that it's pharmaceutical grade versus food grade. Guessing there are stricter purity or processing standards... She has to mix a specific amount with water and drink it every 3 hours.
I’ll see what I can find out.
Last week: 174
This week: 173

Still on a lot of steroids and it’s still not quite enough.
At least you went down.

Last week 195.0
This week 197.4

Still plugging along. Trying to deal with all the stuff I've been putting off for the past couple of years of mayhem. Made a dentist's appointment finally. Knocked out a few more odds and ends around the house. Also hopefully am close to getting the worker's comp sorted.

Last week 195.0
This week 197.4

Still plugging along. Trying to deal with all the stuff I've been putting off for the past couple of years of mayhem. Made a dentist's appointment finally. Knocked out a few more odds and ends around the house. Also hopefully am close to getting the worker's comp sorted.
You’re hanging in there. I hope you get the workers comp sorted soon.

Latest posts

Back