Sunday Weigh In (4/16/2023)

Last week: 176
This week: 176.6

Still on 40 mg of Prednisone but tomorrow I’m supposed to titrate down to something lower. We’ll see how I do.

I haven’t taken any vitamins in about a month because I could be allergic to any of them or their fillers. I started today with one multivitamin to see how I do. Plus my diet has been very restricted too because if I gave my body too much energy it only used it to try and kill me! I’m a bit worried about all my protein and vitamin levels especially since Prednisone can cause vitamin and mineral issues too. BUT Dr. Ayoola’s office isn’t seeing patients out of state anymore and my GP who was going to do my bariatric labs is on a leave until July. I’m a bit over all of this.

Last week 119
This week 118
I’m eating, I’m eating, I promise I’m eating!

I’m sure you are! I don’t know you IRL but you have shown yourself to be disciplined and focused on protein. This must be frustrating for you to try so hard and it seem like your efforts aren’t being rewarded. But I bet things would be much worse had you not been so persistent. You’re doing your best.

Last week: 176
This week: 176.6

Still on 40 mg of Prednisone but tomorrow I’m supposed to titrate down to something lower. We’ll see how I do.

I haven’t taken any vitamins in about a month because I could be allergic to any of them or their fillers. I started today with one multivitamin to see how I do. Plus my diet has been very restricted too because if I gave my body too much energy it only used it to try and kill me! I’m a bit worried about all my protein and vitamin levels especially since Prednisone can cause vitamin and mineral issues too. BUT Dr. Ayoola’s office isn’t seeing patients out of state anymore and my GP who was going to do my bariatric labs is on a leave until July. I’m a bit over all of this.
Do the vitamins one at a time with about 3-4 days or more to allow for a reaction between. It’s gonna take some time to get to all of them, and I’d focus on the ones you know you have the worst trouble in the past, like calcium or D etc. others can wait til toward the end.

With Dr. A’s office, they were having issue with telehealth crossing state lines.

I’m sure you are! I don’t know you IRL but you have shown yourself to be disciplined and focused on protein. This must be frustrating for you to try so hard and it seem like your efforts aren’t being rewarded. But I bet things would be much worse had you not been so persistent. You’re doing your best.
Thanks. But I’ve had doctors not believe me, which is why my husband is always in tow to tell them.

Last Week 196.4
This Week 195

Dentist wants to do a fair bit of work. She said with malabsorption from Bariatric Surgery the teeth are often the first to go wrong before bone problems develop. I know I have mild Osteopenia now. I'm going to have to work on Calcium. I've been using BoneUp alone but I'm going to add UpCal D back into the mix. I can tolerate some Calcium Citrate tablets but not in a high enough dosage.

Other than that had a decent enough weekend. I only got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep Friday morning since I had to make the dentist's appointment so aside from the normal weekend chores didn't feel like doing much of anything.

Do the vitamins one at a time with about 3-4 days or more to allow for a reaction between. It’s gonna take some time to get to all of them, and I’d focus on the ones you know you have the worst trouble in the past, like calcium or D etc. others can wait til toward the end.

With Dr. A’s office, they were having issue with telehealth crossing state lines.

Yeah Grace and I had a conversation about it all because I needed to know why. “We aren’t able to do it anymore” from the receptionist wasn’t cutting it. This was something I asked at my initial appointment considering the surgery. What would happen if we moved? We moved and then suddenly I had to find someone else RIGHT in the middle of my whole other health issue.

My D and calcium have been fine. My K and iron has been trouble being up and down. I’ll try that next but I was thinking two days would be enough. My reactions are usually pretty quick. But if I keep adding 3-4 days might just be less stressful for my body. Thanks for the tip!!

Last Week 196.4
This Week 195

Dentist wants to do a fair bit of work. She said with malabsorption from Bariatric Surgery the teeth are often the first to go wrong before bone problems develop. I know I have mild Osteopenia now. I'm going to have to work on Calcium. I've been using BoneUp alone but I'm going to add UpCal D back into the mix. I can tolerate some Calcium Citrate tablets but not in a high enough dosage.

Other than that had a decent enough weekend. I only got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep Friday morning since I had to make the dentist's appointment so aside from the normal weekend chores didn't feel like doing much of anything.

Someone here suggested calcium hydroxyapatite and I started using that and it really made a difference in my bloodwork. Plus less huge horse pills to swallow! How’s your arm?

Last Week 196.4
This Week 195

Don, if you’ve never had issue before surgery, I think the dentist is just after money. As long as you are good on your vitamins, your PTH is low end of normal, I honestly believe he’s reaching.

I have osteoporosis and my dentist has not said a single word in all the years I’ve been treated for osteoporosis. Don’t let him bamboozle you into procedures you probably don’t need.

Don, if you’ve never had issue before surgery, I think the dentist is just after money. As long as you are good on your vitamins, your PTH is low end of normal, I honestly believe he’s reaching.

I have osteoporosis and my dentist has not said a single word in all the years I’ve been treated for osteoporosis. Don’t let him bamboozle you into procedures you probably don’t need.
My previous dentist said some bariatric patient ones would have issue with their teeth because of having GERD or silent reflux and not knowing it until their teeth started breaking down from the acid on their molars. So it’s something we watch for at the dentist.

Someone here suggested calcium hydroxyapatite and I started using that and it really made a difference in my bloodwork. Plus less huge horse pills to swallow! How’s your arm?

Decent enough, it was swelling up and hurting pretty good for a while but now it only gives the occasional twinge which is hard to pick out from the normal aches and pains.

Latest posts

Back