Sunday Weigh In (3/28/2021)

Last week : 266
Surgeon scale day of surgery 3/23: 262.4
This week my scale again:266.5, but I was upto about 272 all week post op from swelling. I still feel pretty bad. Just want to feel better.

Last week : 266
Surgeon scale day of surgery 3/23: 262.4
This week my scale again:266.5, but I was upto about 272 all week post op from swelling. I still feel pretty bad. Just want to feel better.
It gets better. Right now, you’re in the “oh hell, what have I done” phase.
Now, for your own piece of mind, don’t weigh again til your doctor appointment. After that, weigh weekly for here but only pay attention to monthly. I actually did weigh daily but only recorded monthly. And I knew my weight would go up and down.

Two week ago: 155.8
This week: 159.6

I think I am done trying HARD to lose weight. I don’t have much fat left on my body despite the BMI chart saying I am overweight. I’m 5’6. The pickle juice is no longer a deterrent to this three year old but I am not interested in going the cold turkey way because she sobs and says her feelings are hurt! She’ll eventually stop. I hope.

Two week ago: 155.8
This week: 159.6

I think I am done trying HARD to lose weight. I don’t have much fat left on my body despite the BMI chart saying I am overweight. I’m 5’6. The pickle juice is no longer a deterrent to this three year old but I am not interested in going the cold turkey way because she sobs and says her feelings are hurt! She’ll eventually stop. I hope.
You’ve done exceedingly well.

Last Week: 135.0
This Week: 132.2 (old scale) 132.8 (new Renpho smart scale)

Well I reached my goal of 133.2 yesterday, and surpassed it today - actually 132.2 per my old scale I've been using this whole time, 132.8 on my new Renpho scale which I think is more accurate. 133.2 was my lowest weight I recorded post WLS so all 2020 regain is gone!

Now I just have to figure out how to stop losing since I want to remain keto for now.

Last edited:
It gets better. Right now, you’re in the “oh hell, what have I done” phase.
Now, for your own piece of mind, don’t weigh again til your doctor appointment. After that, weigh weekly for here but only pay attention to monthly. I actually did weigh daily but only recorded monthly. And I knew my weight would go up and down.
Your right I am in the what the hell have I done. We have a puppy and he still had accidents the smell is about to make me ill. I can't run the carpet cleaner which I would normally do, but if I ask my husband to do it I feel like I am being demanding. He has cleaned up the few accidents,but not like I would. My husband also smokes cigars and the smell that lingers on him puts what is left of my stomach into serious fits. He is the best and is so helpful and sweet. Uggg

Well I reached my goal of 133.2 yesterday, and surpassed it today - actually 132.2 per my old scale I've been using this whole time, 133.8 on my new Renpho scale which I think is more accurate. 133.2 was my lowest weight I recorded post WLS so all 2020 regain is gone!

Now I just have to figure out how to stop losing since I want to remain keto for now.
One word of advice the batteries that ship with the Renpho are exceedingly weak. The two I've owned both needed the batteries replaced within a month or so. When the weight reading starts wildly moving up and down between weigh ins swap the batteries (once it's got retail batteries in it they last quite a long time: many months, maybe a year).

Last week 190.8
This week 188.2

Don't know why, but I'm not complaining. Heckuva week at work, we had a driver out sick all week. I helped out on routes twice this week. Friday was a 17 hour day. Driving all night and then humping groceries all morning is a bear.

One word of advice the batteries that ship with the Renpho are exceedingly weak. The two I've owned both needed the batteries replaced within a month or so. When the weight reading starts wildly moving up and down between weigh ins swap the batteries (once it's got retail batteries in it they last quite a long time: many months, maybe a year).

Thanks for the heads up, I'll watch for the battery issue. Pretty nice scale for the price with all it's (however questionable) bio-electrical Impedance measurements it does.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-160645_Renpho.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-160645_Renpho.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 4

Well I reached my goal of 133.2 yesterday, and surpassed it today - actually 132.2 per my old scale I've been using this whole time, 132.8 on my new Renpho scale which I think is more accurate. 133.2 was my lowest weight I recorded post WLS so all 2020 regain is gone!

Glad you‘re happy with the scale.
Your right I am in the what the hell have I done. We have a puppy and he still had accidents the smell is about to make me ill. I can't run the carpet cleaner which I would normally do, but if I ask my husband to do it I feel like I am being demanding. He has cleaned up the few accidents,but not like I would. My husband also smokes cigars and the smell that lingers on him puts what is left of my stomach into serious fits. He is the best and is so helpful and sweet. Uggg
Be honest with your husband. Sit down and tell him that you hate that you feel like you are being demanding, but honestly you aren’t allowed to do that. As far as how he cleans, it’s kinda like loading the dishwasher, no two of us load it the same way. Just let him know you appreciate his help. As far as the cigar smell...that one is gonna be touchy if it didn’t make you nauseous preop. Maybe you can approach it this way: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC400727/
He will want you healed.
We’ve always upgraded batteries on items that require them, they put the cheapest ones in.
Last week 190.8
This week 188.2

Don't know why, but I'm not complaining. Heckuva week at work, we had a driver out sick all week. I helped out on routes twice this week. Friday was a 17 hour day. Driving all night and then humping groceries all morning is a bear.
This has been a hell of a week for you. Be careful.
Liz

I forgot to weight, but I think I'm up a bit.

My husband also smokes cigars and the smell that lingers on him puts what is left of my stomach into serious fits.
what Liz said.

you really need to make sure he knows how you feel.

Latest posts

Back