Sunday Weigh In (3/17/2019) May the luck of the the Irish be with you.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Last week 144
This week 144

That’s in spite of being on “vacation” this week with friends spending time at Topsail Beach, NC. Weather was good for the first half of March.

And before you ask, the old smilies have NOT been reloaded yet. We are in a slow area for internet so not pushing it.

LW: 124.4
TW: 123.9

a week ago I went to my doctor because my blood pressure has been consistently too high and she doubled my Ramipril from 5 mg a day to 5 mg twice a day. the BP is down (not as much as I was hoping) and so is the anxiety, although I've had some depression I hope will lift as I get used to the change. (this feels very different from the sadness I've had this week after having my dog put down).
but she also said, do we need to worry about your weight loss and I said no, because I though I had stopped losing.

which I apparently have not. :confused:

LW: 124.4
TW: 123.9

a week ago I went to my doctor because my blood pressure has been consistently too high and she doubled my Ramipril from 5 mg a day to 5 mg twice a day. the BP is down (not as much as I was hoping) and so is the anxiety, although I've had some depression I hope will lift as I get used to the change. (this feels very different from the sadness I've had this week after having my dog put down).
but she also said, do we need to worry about your weight loss and I said no, because I though I had stopped losing.

which I apparently have not. :confused:
Maybe some deep breathing to help with the blood pressure. I hate that you had to double your BP meds.
I’m not gonna say congrats on the weight loss cause even your doc who didn’t know you obese has noticed then it’s time to take note.

Last time: 141
Today: 143

Thank goodness spring is on the way. I've been able to do some walking! My labs are steadily going down. My magnesium is now teetering on the edge of normal. Splitting calcium and magnesium to an hour apart to see if that helps with absorption. My mind has been thinking about a revision to reverse the malabsorption because I get so tired of high dosing supplements and chasing "normal" blood values. Getting ready for another iron infusion.

Last time: 141
Today: 143

Thank goodness spring is on the way. I've been able to do some walking! My labs are steadily going down. My magnesium is now teetering on the edge of normal. Splitting calcium and magnesium to an hour apart to see if that helps with absorption. My mind has been thinking about a revision to reverse the malabsorption because I get so tired of high dosing supplements and chasing "normal" blood values. Getting ready for another iron infusion.
Even with a revision, there is no guarantee that normal blood levels will return, especially since most older adults have issues and don’t even know it. Glad you are getting your magnesium fixed.

Walking is good for all of us.
Last report, 2-24-19 I think. 113
Today 113.8

I think I’ve lost some muscle mass this winter, and really need to do some strength training!
Good for you on the weight.

Last Week 248.6
This week 244.8

Fissures have been bad for a while now. I have started doing sitz baths 3 times a day on my days off and am swapping my last dose of magnesium gluconate for magnesium citrate.

On the other hand I'm wearing medium shirts now (granted Duluth Trading mediums).

Last Week 248.6
This week 244.8

Fissures have been bad for a while now. I have started doing sitz baths 3 times a day on my days off and am swapping my last dose of magnesium gluconate for magnesium citrate.

On the other hand I'm wearing medium shirts now (granted Duluth Trading mediums).
Sorry about the fissures. There are threads here that might help give you ideas as to what others did to help.

Good job on the weight, and on the mediums.

Latest posts

Back