Sunday Weigh In (2/28/2016)

TW 248.4

I haven't done this weigh in thing here before. So I'll start now. How do I do the cute ticker thing y'all have?

TW 248.4

I haven't done this weigh in thing here before. So I'll start now. How do I do the cute ticker thing y'all have?
Glad to have you join in this...and remember, it can be any method of keeping track of your progress.

As for the ticker: http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php
How do I use these tickers on my favorite board/site?
You simply need to copy one of the code blocks presented to you on the last page of the ticker designer. The code to select depends on the site or board where you would like to display it. You may need to ask for help where you plan to use them. In general boards use the message boards code

This forum does not allow HTML code as it is too easily compromised and can be used for viri/trojans, etc.

LW: 179
TW: 178

Boy oh boy, the weight loss has slowed down at 8 months out. I am a-ok with it though. Three more pounds 'til 100 pounds down, and 18 pounds to my surgeon's goal of 160. Slow and steady... :) Have a great week everyone!
Good to hear from you Pacifica.

How much protein are you getting in every day? You may need to eat more protein to help boost a bit, but 100 ponds in 8 months is a big loss so you have a good perspective.. And you know it will continue to come off.

LW: 179
TW: 178

Boy oh boy, the weight loss has slowed down at 8 months out. I am a-ok with it though. Three more pounds 'til 100 pounds down, and 18 pounds to my surgeon's goal of 160. Slow and steady... :) Have a great week everyone!
Doing good...and slowing down is completely normal.
Joining in for my first one, at (hopefully) the end of the three-week slump:

SW 118kg
TW 109kg

WTG!!!

LW BMI: 29.9
TW BMI: 29.6

I’m having a hard time with reality.

I was quite skilled at avoiding cameras at my heaviest. But after losing nearly 60# (have about 50 to go), I thought it might be interesting to see a “before” photo. So last week I emailed the office of the WL surgeon I first consulted (he did not do the DS so I went elsewhere) and on Friday they sent the photo they had taken of me that day a few months ago which I had never seen. When I opened the photo file, it literally took my breath away and I burst in to tears of shock and shame. In my mind, I knew I was fat but I thought my face looked good — after all I had been seeing myself in a mirror a couple of times a day and never thought I looked *that* bad. Apparently my delusion and denial was profound because the person in the photo was a horror from head to toe. I was rotund with hips and thighs wider than my shoulders, my arms barely able to circle around my breasts and belly, and atop it all was a round head on a lumpy turtle-like neck wider than my jaw. The smile on my greasy-with-exertion face was little more than a grimace. The only saving grace was that the photo was a bit blurry so my wrinkles were softened. I cannot trust my own eyes as this was not the person I had been seeing in the mirror every day. I was sick with embarrassment knowing I had been walking around in public looking like this.

And then I got to thinking that I have lost all this weight and yet NO ONE HAS SAID A WORD TO ME ABOUT MY WEIGHT LOSS. Does this mean I still look indistinguishable from that photo? Do I still look this awful to others? The last few weeks I have been thinking, damn, I'm lookin’ pretty good but now I’m feeling fat and insecure.

I want to return to “perception is reality” where I think I look better than I do and therefore that’s real.

This is the end of my neurotic moment. I now return you to your regularly scheduled weigh-in.

I feel your pain. At times I look at myself and notice how much weight I've lost but then most of the time all I see is a fat woman who is only slightly less fat, but who also now somewhat resembles a shar pei puppy. It's messing with my head... ugh. I guess it takes time to adjust. And granted, I'm in one helluva negative funk right now. Things won't be like this tomorrow. I hope.

Hang in there and be kind to yourself. You've made a lot of progress and you're still working on yourself so please give yourself a break.
I need to heed my own words, too...

We're both going to be just fine...

LW 127
TW 126

@Clematis don't despair! While our DS works its magic on our bodies, our minds are another thing entirely. It took me a couple of years to finally accept the fact that I really was a tiny person. I loathed the fat girl I used to be, but now after almost 3 1/2 years, I no longer feel disgust when I see my old pictures. I simply see a person who worked against all odds to lose weight, but failed repeatedly. I love and admire that woman, but ache for the pain she endured for so many years.

Even though that was aimed at Clematis, that's exactly what I needed right now... so thanks for those words of wisdom.
This too shall pass...

LW: 218
TW: 219

Ooops. Things conspired against me this week although I take responsibility for the mess that my eating habits became. I got a horrid case of the flu and my daughter came to visit. She fed me nothing but carbs, carbs, and MORE carbs but I ate 'em because I was too sick to really care... didn't really even get the trots but I sure feel better without all those doggone carbs. She's leaving today and I got back on track as of last night but my weight yesterday was the casualty.

On a positive note, I'm about 8 pounds away from the halfway mark at almost 5 months out. I should be able to hit the 50% mark by 6 months - that's only 2 pounds a week and that's what I average anyway. Just gotta keep those carbs out of my mouth :D

LW: 218
TW: 219

Ooops. Things conspired against me this week although I take responsibility for the mess that my eating habits became. I got a horrid case of the flu and my daughter came to visit. She fed me nothing but carbs, carbs, and MORE carbs but I ate 'em because I was too sick to really care... didn't really even get the trots but I sure feel better without all those doggone carbs. She's leaving today and I got back on track as of last night but my weight yesterday was the casualty.

On a positive note, I'm about 8 pounds away from the halfway mark at almost 5 months out. I should be able to hit the 50% mark by 6 months - that's only 2 pounds a week and that's what I average anyway. Just gotta keep those carbs out of my mouth :D
She was trying to help. You do need to educate her on how YOU need to eat moving forward tho. Sorry you had the flu and fell off the wagon as a result. Hope you stayed hydrated.

She was trying to help. You do need to educate her on how YOU need to eat moving forward tho. Sorry you had the flu and fell off the wagon as a result. Hope you stayed hydrated.

I did stay nice and hydrated - they were bringing tea to me constantly and made sure I had plenty of other liquids too.
She knows how I'm supposed to eat but it was one of those rare times where we were out of most of the good stuff - I got sick before I could get to the store and nobody went shopping sooo... But anyway, I survived, am back on track and I'm stocking up on the good stuff again :)

Good to hear from you Pacifica.

How much protein are you getting in every day? You may need to eat more protein to help boost a bit, but 100 ponds in 8 months is a big loss so you have a good perspective.. And you know it will continue to come off.

Hi there. :) Glad to see the scale trending in the right direction for you lately (even if this week was pretty neutral) To answer your question, I average about 110 grams of protein a day, but could keep working on that. My runs and lifting workouts are fairly intense (at least for me), so I eat quite a bit more than I did earlier on - not a ton of food, but easily 1600-1700 calories. I think that may be playing a role in the slower loss at this point, what with higher calories and some muscle gain. Overall, I feel great, so no complaints from this corner...so far. :p

My runs and lifting workouts are fairly intense (at least for me), so I eat quite a bit more than I did earlier on - not a ton of food, but easily 1600-1700 calories. I think that may be playing a role in the slower loss at this point, what with higher calories and some muscle gain.
DO NOT bother with calories...count macros...protein grams, fat grams, carb grams. How do those look?

Latest posts

Back