Sunday Weigh In (2/25/2018)

Hey all today 161 last Sunday 162. It really does not mean anything though because from one day to the next my weight is all over the place within a 10 pound range . Example Wed. I was 169, Thur. 165, Fri 164, Sat 167 and now Sunday 161 and last Sunday I was 162. I can take a dump and weigh 3 pounds less. So i wonder how much do I really weigh? Im supposed to take diuretics for swelling but I havent in months. I guess if i take them everyday for a week i might get my true weight.

Hey all today 161 last Sunday 162. It really does not mean anything though because from one day to the next my weight is all over the place within a 10 pound range . Example Wed. I was 169, Thur. 165, Fri 164, Sat 167 and now Sunday 161 and last Sunday I was 162. I can take a dump and weigh 3 pounds less. So i wonder how much do I really weigh? Im supposed to take diuretics for swelling but I havent in months. I guess if i take them everyday for a week i might get my true weight.
Doing good!

LOL, that’s why I hide the scale during the week. Variations like that would drive me crazy.

Why haven’t you taken the diuretic?

Doing good!

LOL, that’s why I hide the scale during the week. Variations like that would drive me crazy.

Why haven’t you taken the diuretic?
I havent taken them because my swelling has not been causing me pain and I'm out of potassium. If i don't have a lot of swelling and take with no potassium i end up with Charlie horses

LW 141
TW 141

I do the same as a Charris and bounce around 6lbs from day to day, always have. When I was 350 I thought me bouncing 6lbs was like a “normie” bouncing 2lbs. But now that I’m “normal” when it comes to weight, I still bounce around like that, so I don’t give it too much thought hroughout the week. Whatever I land on Sunday morning is what I claim for the week, and it seems like Sunday is rarely my high or low for the week. My low day was 137 and I’ve been as high as 149 this week, but couldn’t manage to hang onto that for my Sunday weigh, so today, I’m 141 which is my claim for the week.

LW 141
TW 141

I do the same as a Charris and bounce around 6lbs from day to day, always have. When I was 350 I thought me bouncing 6lbs was like a “normie” bouncing 2lbs. But now that I’m “normal” when it comes to weight, I still bounce around like that, so I don’t give it too much thought hroughout the week. Whatever I land on Sunday morning is what I claim for the week, and it seems like Sunday is rarely my high or low for the week. My low day was 137 and I’ve been as high as 149 this week, but couldn’t manage to hang onto that for my Sunday weigh, so today, I’m 141 which is my claim for the week.
Doing good

Last week 339.8, this week 335.6 (Caveat this time I was in my skivvies, not fully clothed). I think all things being equal I'm up a pound or two.

Got impatient and started trying to push harder on exercise this weekend....which was a mistake. Got up this morning barely able to walk with both my heel spurs and the arthritis in my feet 'singing' to me with my knees, hips, and back providing background vocals.

I've been walking a mile on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Fridays I do the grocery shopping at Sam's as well as sometimes hitting a couple other places so I get a bit over a mile just in the course of the day. This Friday I did my shopping and then walked a bit over a mile, was proud of myself for getting 9400 steps, then Saturday did a mile and a half. Felt much less clever when my feet hit the floor this morning.

Ordered new insoles for my boots (current ones are thrashed) and I guess I'm going to have to back down to the normal walking routine for now.

I haven't wanted to do a gym membership until I'm sure how the changes at my work are going to play out (April 2nd the three of us at my location are being transferred to a new company and there will likely be substantial changes to my schedule and income). But I want to increase my level of exercise and I'm probably not going to be able to push walking much further until I get more weight off. Last time I tried to lose weight I used the elliptical machine at the gym for aerobic workouts. I think I was doing about hour and twenty minutes per session but my hips started getting really bad. Maybe a bit of time on the bike and some weights would work.

It looks like I forgot to post last week.
2/11 130
TW: 129

Have a good week all.
Whit
Busy living! Good going.
Last week 122.2
This week. 121.4
BMI. 22.9

Just when you think you're done!
Cool, isn’t it. One and only photo I took of the scale was the day I kissed 121.something for 10 seconds.
Enjoy it. You seem to be at a great point.

Last week 339.8, this week 335.6 (Caveat this time I was in my skivvies, not fully clothed). I think all things being equal I'm up a pound or two.

Got impatient and started trying to push harder on exercise this weekend....which was a mistake. Got up this morning barely able to walk with both my heel spurs and the arthritis in my feet 'singing' to me with my knees, hips, and back providing background vocals.

I've been walking a mile on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Fridays I do the grocery shopping at Sam's as well as sometimes hitting a couple other places so I get a bit over a mile just in the course of the day. This Friday I did my shopping and then walked a bit over a mile, was proud of myself for getting 9400 steps, then Saturday did a mile and a half. Felt much less clever when my feet hit the floor this morning.

Ordered new insoles for my boots (current ones are thrashed) and I guess I'm going to have to back down to the normal walking routine for now.

I haven't wanted to do a gym membership until I'm sure how the changes at my work are going to play out (April 2nd the three of us at my location are being transferred to a new company and there will likely be substantial changes to my schedule and income). But I want to increase my level of exercise and I'm probably not going to be able to push walking much further until I get more weight off. Last time I tried to lose weight I used the elliptical machine at the gym for aerobic workouts. I think I was doing about hour and twenty minutes per session but my hips started getting really bad. Maybe a bit of time on the bike and some weights would work.
Dh and I never weigh in clothes unless we are verifying a weigh in at the doc’s office. The weight I post is after sitting but butt nekkid. That way, I’m consistent.
Your body needs to get use to walking. Go a bit slower at first. And get your doctors input on things like the bike and weights if your joints are already an issue. You may make things worse.

LW 65.5 kg (144.5 lbs)
TW 66.5 kg (146.6 lbs)

No idea why my weight has gone up, as I haven't changed what I've been eating. I have been eating probably a bit less - been feeling quite off with a sensitive gut especially after having milk, which is a large part of my diet. Focusing on my vitamins and protein this week, and making sure I eat enough. It's also coming up to that time of the month, so maybe that's it.

LW: 134.4
TW: 133.8

I’m really trying to not lose more. I can’t eat more. Labs in a few weeks. Hopefully they come out as good as I’ve been feeling.
I do hope your lab work is stellar! I’m not saying stop but if you don’t want to lose anymore, add a bit (10-20 grams) of complex carbs throughout the day.focus on carbs that are leafy green or yellow/orange or beans, maybe adding a smidgen of fat in the cooking. I’m a southerner, so I add bacon grease to beans.
LW 65.5 kg (144.5 lbs)
TW 66.5 kg (146.6 lbs)

No idea why my weight has gone up, as I haven't changed what I've been eating. I have been eating probably a bit less - been feeling quite off with a sensitive gut especially after having milk, which is a large part of my diet. Focusing on my vitamins and protein this week, and making sure I eat enough. It's also coming up to that time of the month, so maybe that's it.
Sounds like lactaid pills may be of help, esp if milk is so integral to your diet. And not eating as much can also stall weight loss or even cause some gain. Try to go back to eating as much as you were before.

Latest posts

Back