Sunday Weigh In (2/21/2021)

Last week: 276
This week: 281
I'm pre surgery. I haven't changed much since I lost 30 lbs for pre op appointments. I'm sure I will lose during the 2 weeks of liquid diet pre op to shrink the liver. I'm doing at least 1 shake a day and eating healthy. I have eaten some things knowing I won't be able to eat them after surgery like a Firehouse sub yesterday, but I only ate 1/2 at a time and it was a medium. I used to be able to drop weight no problem if I set my mind to it. It is so much harder now. Happy I will be getting surgery. Scared and excited all at once. That probably is not helping my weight loss.

Last week: 276
This week: 281
I'm pre surgery. I haven't changed much since I lost 30 lbs for pre op appointments. I'm sure I will lose during the 2 weeks of liquid diet pre op to shrink the liver. I'm doing at least 1 shake a day and eating healthy. I have eaten some things knowing I won't be able to eat them after surgery like a Firehouse sub yesterday, but I only ate 1/2 at a time and it was a medium. I used to be able to drop weight no problem if I set my mind to it. It is so much harder now. Happy I will be getting surgery. Scared and excited all at once. That probably is not helping my weight loss.
If you like milk, make sure you drink some preop, you will likely be lactose intolerant for at least a few months. And we never say never. Hubby and I still enjoy a Firehouse sub but now we share one. And it’s not often.

That is encouraging news. Do you have any recommendations on what eating looks like after the first year? I have seen the nutritionists version, but from posts here it seems the lower fat proteins they push are not necessarily reality. Is everyone different in what they can eat? I thought I had it, but the more I read the more confused I get.

That is encouraging news. Do you have any recommendations on what eating looks like after the first year? I have seen the nutritionists version, but from posts here it seems the lower fat proteins they push are not necessarily reality. Is everyone different in what they can eat? I thought I had it, but the more I read the more confused I get.
I don’t bother with any low fat, except maybe yogurt cause full fat yogurt is hard to find.
Protein first. It’s suggested you get a minimum of 30 grams of protein in before eating anything else.
Count total carbs, net carbs is voodoo math.
in fact, read every post in the vitamins and labs board here. https://bariatricfacts.org/forums/vitamins-labs.16/
Many of us got confused....guilty of OVERthinking things.

Last Week: 149.4
This Week: 146.0

About 11 pounds to go to get to just about my lowest, post WLS. It doesn't seem like a lot, but when I consider 11 pounds is 38,500 calories it's daunting. I'll get there though in a month, hopefully.

Last time: 159
This Week: 159.2

We had an awful week in Texas so I am surprised it wasn’t more.

I've been reacquainting myself recently to fresh clean whole foods and then to suddenly not have access to them and resort to lean cuisines and sodium laden can soups was not fun. Looks like stores are restocking as of today, except bottled water is scarce. I'm in Austin.

Lower fat proteins that your nutritionist pushes is just wrong information and is for another type of bariatric surgery. When my surgeon told me about how to eat at my initial appointment he said that it would be eating steak with butter on it and chicken with ranch dressing. Basically meat with a lot of fats. He also said bacon. His nutritionist echoed the same information and gave more detail as I met with her at my monthly appointments three months before my surgery. Also in the beginning lower fat meats were hard to get into my stomach and digest without my stomach trying to get rid of it. Higher fat meats slid down easier and didn’t piss off my stomach. There’s more protein in it so I don’t have to keep constantly eating meat all day. Also I would rather have ribs any day over a dry chicken breast!

My eating has been the same after 1 year because my reaction to the pandemic put me on hold for awhile. So I haven’t reached my goal weight. But I expect once that I do it will be the same as what I do now.

I've been reacquainting myself recently to fresh clean whole foods and then to suddenly not have access to them and resort to lean cuisines and sodium laden can soups was not fun. Looks like stores are restocking as of today, except bottled water is scarce. I'm in Austin.

I ate a few sandwiches this week. Not having electricity put a kabosh on high protein low carb meals. Then there was celebratory ice cream when we had heat and finally clean water!

Last Week: 149.4
This Week: 146.0

About 11 pounds to go to get to just about my lowest, post WLS. It doesn't seem like a lot, but when I consider 11 pounds is 38,500 calories it's daunting. I'll get there though in a month, hopefully.
Good for you!
Last time: 159
This Week: 159.2

We had an awful week in Texas so I am surprised it wasn’t more.
Yes, it was an awful week. Glad you got thru it.
Going backwards in what you eat is terrible, but you do what you can.
Lower fat proteins that your nutritionist pushes is just wrong information and is for another type of bariatric surgery. When my surgeon told me about how to eat at my initial appointment he said that it would be eating steak with butter on it and chicken with ranch dressing. Basically meat with a lot of fats. He also said bacon. His nutritionist echoed the same information and gave more detail as I met with her at my monthly appointments three months before my surgery. Also in the beginning lower fat meats were hard to get into my stomach and digest without my stomach trying to get rid of it. Higher fat meats slid down easier and didn’t piss off my stomach. There’s more protein in it so I don’t have to keep constantly eating meat all day. Also I would rather have ribs any day over a dry chicken breast!

My eating has been the same after 1 year because my reaction to the pandemic put me on hold for awhile. So I haven’t reached my goal weight. But I expect once that I do it will be the same as what I do now.
Thing is, we’ve been at this pandemic for so long.
I ate a few sandwiches this week. Not having electricity put a kabosh on high protein low carb meals. Then there was celebratory ice cream when we had heat and finally clean water!
Oh, I bet. If your outside temps were low enough, not have a fridge is doable.

Last Week 190.4
This Week 194.6

Rough week last week. Got called in on the Second day of my 3 days off because of the storm. Had been going pretty hard trying to get the kids' rooms done already so wound up going 12-13 hours a day all week. Did nothing this weekend.

Good for you!

Yes, it was an awful week. Glad you got thru it.

Going backwards in what you eat is terrible, but you do what you can.

Thing is, we’ve been at this pandemic for so long.

Oh, I bet. If your outside temps were low enough, not have a fridge is doable.
Yeah my grammar and syntax was bad and unclear. I was trying to say that my eating is the same as the first year because I got set back because of the pandemic. So since I didn’t make it to my goal weight by 1 year, I am usually still eating the same way as year one. I didn’t have a one year long hiatus from DS eating.

*still unclear!! You know what you’re saying so you think other people do but then you come back later and see that you’re clear as mud!! Lol Some people meet their goal weight by year one and so their eating after year 1 is maintenance which often means more carbs. But since I was set back by the pandemic I didn’t meet my goal by year 1 so I am continuing to eat the 30-50 grams of carbs most days. Then after I get to my goal I’ll probably eat the same way as I do.

Stuff outside would’ve froze. It was below freezing until Thursday. But also we would get so cold going outside to get food and would come back into a cold house and it would be hard to raise our temperature. That could be risky if the power never came back on. Our inside was cold enough as fridge! Just no way to heat it up. Or thaw anything. Next time we’ll have a camping stove. I’d rather just sell my house and leave Texas after they harmed everyone so badly.

Last edited:
Last Week 190.4
This Week 194.6

Rough week last week. Got called in on the Second day of my 3 days off because of the storm. Had been going pretty hard trying to get the kids' rooms done already so wound up going 12-13 hours a day all week. Did nothing this weekend.
Are you remodeling your entire house all by yourself?

Latest posts

Back