Sunday Weigh In (2/18/2018)

Yay!!!! Dresses are so much fun.

Congrats! Isn't vaniety sizes amazing? My thin clothes from 1991/1992 when I was think are 10/12/14. I weighted what i wieght now (for about 2 days - lol) and my thin clothes from 2003/2004 are 8/10's and today, I'm 4/6/8's/
I just noticed we are the exact same weight this week! Congrats on getting to your goal!
Vanity sizing is silly. I was this weight in 1987 and was a size 12 everywhere. (I thought I was a moose back then.) Now I’m a Calvin Klein 12 or an Eddie Bauer 4/6. JJill I’m darn close to a size small. (I’m not small silly sizers.)

Feeling healthy, loving what you see in the mirror, and feeling comfortable in your clothes regardless of the size label they slap on them is what it’s all about.
Strangely this size tag made me super happy. A realistic Calvin 12 was way more exciting than a silly fake size 4. Plus if the number bothered me I’d snip that tag and still have a great dress that makes me feel pretty. Number be damned. :cool:

LW 65.5 kg
TW 65.5 kg

Had the sailor in town since Tuesday, which has been lovely - in a year of dating, we generally manage about five days before he has to fly off. He's hopefully going to be around for a couple of weeks, trying to drum up work in this part of the world so we can do less of the long-distance thing. The upside is he loves to cook. So far we've had some lovely steaks, rack of lamb with fresh herbs from my new garden, lots of bacon and eggs, pancakes. And out for tapas and drinks (now my favourite option for eating out). The downside is the kitchen looks like a bomb's hit it afterwards, but procuring ingredients and cleaning up is a small price to pay.
Good going...and you've been stable for a number of weeks now. Finding a man who can cook (other than on a grill with me making EVERYTHING to go with it would be awesome. My sister has one of those. He's a fantastic cook.
Strangely this size tag made me super happy. A realistic Calvin 12 was way more exciting than a silly fake size 4. Plus if the number bothered me I’d snip that tag and still have a great dress that makes me feel pretty. Number be damned. :cool:
One of my goals after my DS was to be able to fit in my old dress uniform from my Army days. I was the best shape of my adult life back then (1982). And it was labeled a size 14 (NO vanity in the military). At 121 which was actually 25 lbs LESS than I had weighed in 1982, my jeans said a size 2, I tried the uniform on, JUST made it. The 14's made by the military clothier just barely fit, in fact, the waist, altho it zipped, was tight. The jacket did fit much better than it had even when I got out of the military in 1984. BUT it was nice to see I DID make my goal. And had NOTHING to do with weight.

I just noticed we are the exact same weight this week! Congrats on getting to your goal!
Vanity sizing is silly. I was this weight in 1987 and was a size 12 everywhere. (I thought I was a moose back then.) Now I’m a Calvin Klein 12 or an Eddie Bauer 4/6. JJill I’m darn close to a size small. (I’m not small silly sizers.)

lol....so true. Though I did fit into a size 25 jeans the other day and it made me feel good. They were designer jeans too.

It is silly though. Congrats on the weight loss.

LW 203.2
TW 200.0

No matter how many times I stepped on the scale yesterday I couldn’t get it into “onederland.” LOL! I had my 3 month post-op check and everything was good except iron was low by 5 points (I have a history of anemia so I wasn’t surprised). He said just add another multivitamin (I take 2 a day). Should I add proferrin or something instead? Have a great week!

LW 203.2
TW 200.0

No matter how many times I stepped on the scale yesterday I couldn’t get it into “onederland.” LOL! I had my 3 month post-op check and everything was good except iron was low by 5 points (I have a history of anemia so I wasn’t surprised). He said just add another multivitamin (I take 2 a day). Should I add proferrin or something instead? Have a great week!
You will be in Onederland soon enough.

Did you get copies of your labs? If not, do so. If you have a history of anemia, adding iron now will be throwing money away. You probably need iron infusions but getting them on board with that will take persistence on your part.

Scale just arrived from Amazon today (our previous scale only went to 300# and was not terribly accurate).
I was 368 at my last Doctor's appointment which is my high weight so far (different scale of course so some of the loss is probably that).

LW 203.2
TW 200.0

'

Onederland is an amazing milestone. What is do crazy about the DS is you will blow right through it and then it will mean so little. But, it means so much now. Enjoy it. You will get there.

I did not get a copy but definitely will next appt. Thanks!
If your doctor is connected to a health portal, download them. If not, call and get copies of this set. Don’t wait til the next.
Scale just arrived from Amazon today (our previous scale only went to 300# and was not terribly accurate).
I was 368 at my last Doctor's appointment which is my high weight so far (different scale of course so some of the loss is probably that).
Maybe, maybe not. One thing to do tho is on a day of a doc appt, weigh nude, then weigh fully dressed. That way, when getting weighed at your appt, you will have an idea of how closely your scale matches your doc’s.

If your doctor is connected to a health portal, download them. If not, call and get copies of this set. Don’t wait til the next.

Maybe, maybe not. One thing to do tho is on a day of a doc appt, weigh nude, then weigh fully dressed. That way, when getting weighed at your appt, you will have an idea of how closely your scale matches your doc’s.
Good idea. Let me follow up on that. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back