Sunday Weigh In (2/16/2020)

LW 152
TW 145

was hoping to hang onto the few extra pounds from last week, but looks like it was the normal water fluctuation.

Headed to Switzerland for a couple of weeks where I’m sure I’ll indulge in too many carbs, coffee and wine- I did pick protein bars, as hitting my protein goal seems to be a struggle for me every time I am there. This is a longer trip than normal, I do walk a lot more there than I do at home so I suppose we will see how this plays out.

LW 152
TW 145

was hoping to hang onto the few extra pounds from last week, but looks like it was the normal water fluctuation.

Headed to Switzerland for a couple of weeks where I’m sure I’ll indulge in too many carbs, coffee and wine- I did pick protein bars, as hitting my protein goal seems to be a struggle for me every time I am there. This is a longer trip than normal, I do walk a lot more there than I do at home so I suppose we will see how this plays out.
I would say good for you but it sounds like it isn't. Enjoy Switzerland.

Still plugging away, no scale. But my underwear are getting loose, as are my pants. I need to walk more, but am a slug in winter.

Tried ketone urine tests, a real let down. I feel like I am in ketosis, but test negative. Huh.

I always could loose on more carbs than 75. Now I cannot.

LW 152
TW 145

Yes, but so much cheese and walking!

I've been MIA for a bit - still travelling (in Berlin at the moment) but weighing up two job offers which means gasp settling down somewhere. Excited about the prospect of getting back to the gym (I still fit in last winter's clothes, but I could do with losing 5-10 lbs) and having my own kitchen again. I will definitely be somewhere in Europe, though I won't have an answer about exactly where until later this week...

I had hoped to get back to the US before I started working full-time again, but might have to be a summer trip :confused:

Last week 190
This week 188

I have been focusing on getting a lot of protein and all my vitamins in. My husband regularly does our laundry and he put my new pair of jeans in our 13 year old's pile of clothes! It's WILD that our jeans are so close in size.

Still plugging away, no scale. But my underwear are getting loose, as are my pants. I need to walk more, but am a slug in winter.

Tried ketone urine tests, a real let down. I feel like I am in ketosis, but test negative. Huh.

I always could loose on more carbs than 75. Now I cannot.
Sounds like you are losing inches. That is fantastic.
Yes, but so much cheese and walking!
YES!
I've been MIA for a bit - still travelling (in Berlin at the moment) but weighing up two job offers which means gasp settling down somewhere. Excited about the prospect of getting back to the gym (I still fit in last winter's clothes, but I could do with losing 5-10 lbs) and having my own kitchen again. I will definitely be somewhere in Europe, though I won't have an answer about exactly where until later this week...

I had hoped to get back to the US before I started working full-time again, but might have to be a summer trip :confused:
Glad you wandered back in. Sounds like you are doing great. Let us know where you settle, once you do.
Last week 190
This week 188

I have been focusing on getting a lot of protein and all my vitamins in. My husband regularly does our laundry and he put my new pair of jeans in our 13 year old's pile of clothes! It's WILD that our jeans are so close in size.
Good for you.

Last week 185.0
This week 182.8

Oldest daughter is home for the weekend which is nice. Ready for winter to shove off entirely. Right now the pattern seems to be a couple days of Spring then 3-4 days of winter then rinse and repeat. Have vacation in 3 weeks, looking forward to having some time to recharge.

Last edited:
Last week 185.0
This week 182.8

Oldest daughter is home for the weekend which is nice. Ready for winter to shove off entirely. Right now the pattern seems to be a couple days of Spring then 3-4 days of winter then rinse and repeat. Have vacation in 3 weeks, looking forward to having some time to recharge.
Good going. Enjoy your vacation. Where are you heading?

Well, FFS. Bought a scale. Have not had one in over 35 years. So I now have the knowledge of what I have done to myself. I am up to 145. My happy weight is 121. Struggled to stay UP there for 8 years. Was stuck at 105 for 6 years, was not a good look on me. But my thighs are touching and my ass feels huge.

On a bright note, finally broke into ketotis, FWIW.

See, THIS is why I never kept a scale. Now, to stay OFF it and only weigh on Sundays. "Its just a number".

Well, FFS. Bought a scale. Have not had one in over 35 years. So I now have the knowledge of what I have done to myself. I am up to 145. My happy weight is 121. Struggled to stay UP there for 8 years. Was stuck at 105 for 6 years, was not a good look on me. But my thighs are touching and my ass feels huge.

On a bright note, finally broke into ketotis, FWIW.

See, THIS is why I never kept a scale. Now, to stay OFF it and only weigh on Sundays. "Its just a number".
I’m sorry that stupid mechanical device is trying to ruin your mood. Hide it away except on Sunday.

Latest posts

Back