Sunday Weigh In (11/8/2020)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Remember Veterans Day this week. Thank a vet for their service. :usaflag4:

Last week 140
This week 140.
Not complaining at all. My weight has shifted out of my middle a smidgen. I had some size 8’s that were cut differently from other 8’s and were a bit snug. Now they aren’t.
I have issues with women’s pants which ASSUME all women have about a 10-12 inch difference between their waist and their hips. Not me, I’m a zebra.....even at my fittest while in the military, my waist and hips differed by about ONE inch. I’m built more like a male in that regard.

Last edited:
good for you!

clothing sizes in general suck but women's pants in particular! :mad:

I have - as usual lately - forgotten to weigh, but I'm about where I've been.

the last time I weighed myself it was 136.6 and my best guess is I am around 138 or so but I'll weigh on Monday for sure. writing a big ass sticky note to myself right now.

this is going to be a rough winter. But, so far (fingers crossed) my 2020 hasn't been as bad as my 2019 but that is a very low bar.

thanks for the reminder about Veteran's Day, Liz!

good for you!

clothing sizes in general suck but women's pants in particular! :mad:

I have - as usual lately - forgotten to weigh, but I'm about where I've been.

the last time I weighed myself it was 136.6 and my best guess is I am around 138 or so but I'll weigh on Monday for sure. writing a big ass sticky note to myself right now.

this is going to be a rough winter. But, so far (fingers crossed) my 2020 hasn't been as bad as my 2019 but that is a very low bar.

thanks for the reminder about Veteran's Day, Liz!
Good for you. And glad someone has had a decent 2020.

174 this morning... but it does drift as high as 178 on some days

4 pound seems like a lot of variation for a measurement taken the same time and condition (in my birthday suit before the morning shower)

The scale is precise... if I step on it twice within 10 minutes.. I get the same read

Anyone else have this variance?

Last week 144.8
Today 146.1

I’m almost 2 years out now. I fluctuate between 143 and 148 most days. My gastro dr should be in touch this week when she returns from vacation about the iron bloodwork I did on Tuesday. Ferritin was 9 and total iron was 51 for some data points. Im feeling a fatigue that is beyond election and pandemic fatigue. The gastro has an infusion floor so hopefully they can get me in quickly.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Last Week: 159.8
This Week: 157.4

I’d do the math to show the percentage of excess weight lost but I forgot how to do the math and my brain is tired! I am 9 lbs from my goal.

decent? no, it's been awful - it's just that 2019 was even worse.
I’d see that as a win. And I hope your 2021 is 100% better.
174 this morning... but it does drift as high as 178 on some days

4 pound seems like a lot of variation for a measurement taken the same time and condition (in my birthday suit before the morning shower)

The scale is precise... if I step on it twice within 10 minutes.. I get the same read

Anyone else have this variance?
I can do that with a good poop.
Last week 144.8
Today 146.1

I’m almost 2 years out now. I fluctuate between 143 and 148 most days. My gastro dr should be in touch this week when she returns from vacation about the iron bloodwork I did on Tuesday. Ferritin was 9 and total iron was 51 for some data points. Im feeling a fatigue that is beyond election and pandemic fatigue. The gastro has an infusion floor so hopefully they can get me in quickly.

Stay healthy, everyone!
I hope you get those infusion. I go this Monday and next Monday to top me off. My hematologist is fantastic.
Last Week: 159.8
This Week: 157.4

I’d do the math to show the percentage of excess weight lost but I forgot how to do the math and my brain is tired! I am 9 lbs from my goal.
I’m sorry your brain is tired. That is a great headshot of you. And look at those collarbones....model worthy.

Last week 191.0
This week 189.4

My weight varies 5-9 pounds over the course of the day. I gain during the day and lose at night (I work evenings and overnights so 'day' is 3 PM-7AM). A few months out I was occasionally losing 5 lbs in a single bathroom visit. I think I was about 195 and change before I went to bed last night (sweatpants and socks were probably a couple pounds of that).

I need to get labs run again. Having some hellacious foot cramps at night the last couple weeks, also would like to check on some of my levels that were out of whack last time.

Last week 191.0
This week 189.4

My weight varies 5-9 pounds over the course of the day. I gain during the day and lose at night (I work evenings and overnights so 'day' is 3 PM-7AM). A few months out I was occasionally losing 5 lbs in a single bathroom visit. I think I was about 195 and change before I went to bed last night (sweatpants and socks were probably a couple pounds of that).

I need to get labs run again. Having some hellacious foot cramps at night the last couple weeks, also would like to check on some of my levels that were out of whack last time.
Good for you. Now, get labs ASAP.

I’d see that as a win. And I hope your 2021 is 100% better.

I can do that with a good poop.

I hope you get those infusion. I go this Monday and next Monday to top me off. My hematologist is fantastic.

I’m sorry your brain is tired. That is a great headshot of you. And look at those collarbones....model worthy.

I had a rhizotomy on Thursday since I met my deductibles earlier this year so I am trying to get some pain relief in parts of my back and it hurts a lot so thus my math skills are gone!!! Thanks for the compliments on the collarbones. When they first appeared I was showing them off! Lol Now I am like look I have ribs!!

Dear lord, I just looked up what that procedure means.. Best wishes to you.. and I hope it works

"Rhizotomy is a surgical procedure to sever nerve roots in the spinal cord. The procedure effectively relieves chronic back pain and muscle spasms. For spinal joint pain, a facet rhizotomy may provide lasting low back pain relief by disabling the sensory nerve at the facet joint."

Dear lord, I just looked up what that procedure means.. Best wishes to you.. and I hope it works

"Rhizotomy is a surgical procedure to sever nerve roots in the spinal cord. The procedure effectively relieves chronic back pain and muscle spasms. For spinal joint pain, a facet rhizotomy may provide lasting low back pain relief by disabling the sensory nerve at the facet joint."

The description of it just doesn’t do it justice on how bad it hurts. I had my mid back done and they go in on both sides. So felt like I had been jabbed with metal skewers on both sides of my spine in my thoracic! I had it done before but I was on Fentanyl pain patches then and they only would do one side at a time. But it gives about two years of pain relief for that achy, arthritis type of bone pain. Then those stupid nerves grow back.

Also it makes it sound radical to sever these nerves and it isn’t. It’s facet joint nerves and they only exist to tell your brain that your discs are shrinking but since I know that and there’s nothing more to be done surgically they use radio frequency to burn those bad boys out! These regenerate. However, cutting your sciatic nerve would have much different results and it does NOT regenerate.

And thank you for the well wishes!

Last edited:
The description of it just doesn’t do it justice on how bad it hurts. I had my mid back done and they go in on both sides. So felt like I had been jabbed with metal skewers on both sides of my spine in my thoracic! I had it done before but I was on Fentanyl pain patches then and they only would do one side at a time. But it gives about two years of pain relief for that achy, arthritis type of bone pain. Then those stupid nerves grow back.

Also it makes it sound radical to severe these nerves and it isn’t. It’s facet joint nerves and they only exist to tell your brain that your discs are shrinking but since I know that and there’s nothing more to be done surgically they use radio frequency to burn those bad boys out! These regenerate. However, cutting your sciatic nerve would have much different results and it does NOT regenerate.

And thank you for the well wishes!
Feel better soon. This sounds terrible. I'm so sorry.

Latest posts

Back