Sunday Weigh In (11/4/2018)

Last time: 143?
TW: 143

I got my 2 year lab results back this week (taken at 26 months). Yikes! Low A, low D, low potassium (3.4) protein is marginal at 6.4, Calcium low (8.0) and PTH is sky high (for me) at 66. My labs tanked so very quickly! Eating protein all day long now, increasing supplementation, and making a very meaty chili today for snacking.

LW: 138
TW: 136

my first thought was I hope you have a soothing ointment for that. :p then I googled, of course. very nice!
Good going on your weight.

Yeah, you don’t find them much out of the southeast cause of growing conditions. California could probably grow them based on lack of cold but they wouldn’t be nearly as moist. They need lots of moisture to grow sweet and plump. They have a very thick skin and most people who just eat them, eat seeds and all.
Last time: 143?
TW: 143

I got my 2 lab results back this week (taken at 24 months). Yikes! Low A, low D, low potassium (3.4) protein is marginal at 6.4, Calcium low (8.0) and PTH is sky high (for me) at 66. My labs tanked so very quickly! Eating protein all day long now, increasing supplementation, and making a very meaty chili today for snacking.

Sounds like adding vitamin A and D would be a good idea as well. And more calcium as well.

Your weight is doing good.

I'm sitting in a restaurant in Brussels having just eaten a pot of mussels, finishing my beer.

LW 63.5kg | 140 lbs
TW 63.5kg | 140 lbs

Seem to be holding steady here - lots of walking (daily 10km) and sleeping, but also lots of eating.

On Tuesday I fly to Chicago for four days, then to San Francisco for about a week.

TWA 130.8
TW 128.8

So much going on these days. It’s been great though. I left my job of more than 22 years to venture out on my own. Everywhere I turn I have met people who have supported me, offered suggestions and help, and have been generally wonderful. I already had a part-time job I love and when I told them my plans they offered to double my hours. So, more of what I love and time to work on/create my own vision. All of this due to the confidence I have being literally half my former size and the support I have received along the way. My bullshit tolerance is way, way down though. I’m thinking that’s a good thing because it has moved me forward. Wishing you all a fabulous week!

I'm sitting in a restaurant in Brussels having just eaten a pot of mussels, finishing my beer.

LW 63.5kg | 140 lbs
TW 63.5kg | 140 lbs

Seem to be holding steady here - lots of walking (daily 10km) and sleeping, but also lots of eating.

On Tuesday I fly to Chicago for four days, then to San Francisco for about a week.
Good for you. Hope you have a good coat for Chicago. It’s getting much cooler there now.
TWA 130.8
TW 128.8

So much going on these days. It’s been great though. I left my job of more than 22 years to venture out on my own. Everywhere I turn I have met people who have supported me, offered suggestions and help, and have been generally wonderful. I already had a part-time job I love and when I told them my plans they offered to double my hours. So, more of what I love and time to work on/create my own vision. All of this due to the confidence I have being literally half my former size and the support I have received along the way. My bullshit tolerance is way, way down though. I’m thinking that’s a good thing because it has moved me forward. Wishing you all a fabulous week!
Awesome! Stepping out on your own is a huge leap but doing what you love is truly the best.

Last week: 312.2
This week 310.4

Have to fax the FMLA/short term disability forms today. Daughter might be flaking on us so the wife is going to try to get a better feel for her Monday before I buy plane tickets.

Last week: 312.2
This week 310.4

Have to fax the FMLA/short term disability forms today. Daughter might be flaking on us so the wife is going to try to get a better feel for her Monday before I buy plane tickets.
Doing good, Don and I hope you get it all sorted out.

I’ve been traveling a lot (Seattle, San Francisco, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles) over the last month or so. My weight was steady at 118 lbs since mid-September but the good news is I’ve recently gained some weight, which I hope I can maintain or even gain some more. I am now back in normal BMI range (versus underweight). YEAH!

Previous weeks: 118.4
Last week: 122.2
This week: 122.2

FYI - I had abdominal surgery with Dr. K 3 months ago (actually 13 weeks ago) and he said I’d finally start feeling better at 12 weeks post-op. Guess what, he was right!

Last edited:
I’ve been traveling a lot (Seattle, San Francisco, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles) over the last month or so. My weight was steady at 118 lbs since mid-September but the good news is I’ve recently gained some weight, which I hope I can maintain or even gain some more. I am now back in normal BMI range (versus underweight). YEAH!

Previous weeks: 118.4
Last week: 122.2
This week: 122.2

FYI - I had abdominal surgery with Dr. K 3 months ago (actually 13 weeks ago) and he said I’d finally start feeling better at 12 weeks post-op. Guess what, he was right!
Glad you are gaining (sounds silly to say when we’ve always focused on losing but). Glad you turned the corner.

Latest posts

Back