Sunday Weigh In (11/4/2017)

LW: 149
TW: 146

At 15 months post-op, I am 1# away from my personal goal of 145#. I think it is time to change the goal post to 140#.

LW 147
TW 148

The week of vacation was kind to me, but the stress of coming back, and then going straight to travel again was a bit much. I was ready for the rest of the year being calm (with the exception of having to cram in 2.5 weeks of vacation to avoid losing it.). But instead my boss has told me I will spend a week in NY, 1-2 in NJ and then one in Chicago - his plan is all before the end of the year. So I guess it’s more craziness for me in the near future

LW 147
TW 148

The week of vacation was kind to me, but the stress of coming back, and then going straight to travel again was a bit much. I was ready for the rest of the year being calm (with the exception of having to cram in 2.5 weeks of vacation to avoid losing it.). But instead my boss has told me I will spend a week in NY, 1-2 in NJ and then one in Chicago - his plan is all before the end of the year. So I guess it’s more craziness for me in the near future
Sorry for the crazy schedule. I do hope you enjoy the job. :)

LW: 149
TW: 146

At 15 months post-op, I am 1# away from my personal goal of 145#. I think it is time to change the goal post to 140#.

Congrats on being so close! Isn't it amazing to be even thinking about these weights.

I so understand what you mean about changing goals. My goal has been 135, but now, I'm thinking 128 to 130. I really would like another 10 pounds.

LW 140
TW -141

I'm such a stair stepper. I dropped about 7 pounds over two weeks, about two weeks ago after being flat for 8 weeks. Now, I've been bouncing around between 140 and 142 for the past two weeks. Wonder how long this time it will take before I drop. 14 months out.

Congrats on being so close! Isn't it amazing to be even thinking about these weights.

I so understand what you mean about changing goals. My goal has been 135, but now, I'm thinking 128 to 130. I really would like another 10 pounds.

LW 140
TW -141

I'm such a stair stepper. I dropped about 7 pounds over two weeks, about two weeks ago after being flat for 8 weeks. Now, I've been bouncing around between 140 and 142 for the past two weeks. Wonder how long this time it will take before I drop. 14 months out.
At your point, I was celebrating just losing maybe 1/2 in a month.

I'm so grateful for the DS, the support of this board and my new life. BUT, I'm greedy, I really want another 10 pounds. I want to loose one more size. Remember, I'm short. 5"3'

I am 5'3" also. I am having problems with a skewed body perception. Some days I think I am thin, some days average, other days I feel really fat. I'm glad for the stalls because it gives me a chance to regroup and get used to living at a specific weight and trying to get some reality on how I look and feel at a certain weight. I realize now that 145 is just too close to 150 and I need to be further down the scale in case there is regain. I tried on winter coats yesterday and the size smalls, although they fit and zipped they were not roomy enough. That motivated me to lose a few more pounds also - ha. However, I do not want to look overly skinny with hanging skin. In reality, these are good problems to have! :)

I'm glad for the stalls because it gives me a chance to regroup and get used to living at a specific weight and trying to get some reality on how I look and feel at a certain weight.

I think time is so important for this adjustment; body image is a strange thing

today I am 152, up a pound from last week. however, I didn't weigh first thing in the morning....that's probably it. :oops:

I am 5'3" also. I am having problems with a skewed body perception. Some days I think I am thin, some days average, other days I feel really fat. I'm glad for the stalls because it gives me a chance to regroup and get used to living at a specific weight and trying to get some reality on how I look and feel at a certain weight. I realize now that 145 is just too close to 150 and I need to be further down the scale in case there is regain. I tried on winter coats yesterday and the size smalls, although they fit and zipped they were not roomy enough. That motivated me to lose a few more pounds also - ha. However, I do not want to look overly skinny with hanging skin. In reality, these are good problems to have! :)
I’m 5’4” and most of my winter coats are large or x-large but considering I had seen 3X in a winter coat, I’m fine. I’ll take the larger size so I have room to layer.

Also, vanity sizing is real. Back in the 50’s a size 8 is now a size 2. And different companies make the same size fit differently. As long as you are comfortable in your clothes, do NOT focus on the size. I’ve seen one company’s size x-large be the same size as another company’s x-large.

They are good problems to have. I don't seem to have a skewed body image problem. Never have. I've yoyoed so much, I think I never settled into to thinking I was a certain size.

I want to loose my tummy, though I think a tummy tuck might get me further.

I’m 5’4” and most of my winter coats are large or x-large but considering I had seen 3X in a winter coat, I’m fine. I’ll take the larger size so I have room to layer.

Also, vanity sizing is real. Back in the 50’s a size 8 is now a size 2. And different companies make the same size fit differently. As long as you are comfortable in your clothes, do NOT focus on the size. I’ve seen one company’s size x-large be the same size as another company’s x-large.

Vanity sizing is so true. I have clothes from being think in the early 90s, 2003, and now. And you can see the sizes get bigger.

Latest posts

Back