Sunday Weigh In (11/26/2017)

LW 65.7kg (144.8lbs)
TW 64.8kg (142.9lbs)

Heading off today to Indonesia for work for nine days. Food will likely be a bit of a challenge, as there's a lot of noodles and rice and I don't eat spicy food. Interestingly, the topic I'm going to do fieldwork on is about nutrition for young women. Was a bit of a shock when I realised last week that far from being young and cool, I'm likely the same age as most of the target group's mothers. o_O

OMG, you are so skinny. :)

The major difference may be in how it's grown, prepared, etc. And how much labor they do to compensate for what they eat.

We're looking at periurban populations...interestingly, they often have both malnutrition and obesity as a problem in the same person. We're looking primarily at behaviour around snacks and pre-packaged food. Pretty interesting stuff, and looking forward to getting into the field!

OMG, you are so skinny. :)

Thanks, though you've got me beat ;) How are the winter boots going now it's cooling down?

18 days post-op:

TW 232.6
SW 244.4

Jumping into the accountability pool.
Good for you.

We're looking at periurban populations...interestingly, they often have both malnutrition and obesity as a problem in the same person. We're looking primarily at behaviour around snacks and pre-packaged food. Pretty interesting stuff, and looking forward to getting into the field!
As odd as that sounds, it makes sense to have malnutrition and obesity in the same person.

Being obese (or overweight in my Mother’s case) had nothing to do with her vitamin/nutrition health. She drank most of her calories, ate very unhealthy for her....bread mostly, when she remembered to eat, and once I was married and away from the area, she had no one to cook for but herself and lived on pre packaged foods with little to no nutritional value.

So yes, it makes sense.

I see the challenge to get rid of the pre-packaged purchased food and try to get them cooking again from scratch.

Latest posts

Back