Sunday Weigh In (11/19/2017)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving week!
:thanksgivingdinner::8 5 15:

Last week 138
This week back up to my more normal of 143. And one would think after Friday night/Saturday AM, I would be down.

Don’t overindulge too much this week.
Don’t be ME!
On Friday, one grandson's Kindergarten class had Thanksgiving lunch for parents/grandparents. While I focused on protein, I think I overdid something. At 6.5 plus years out, not much seems to affect me but stuff made with corn meal does. And there was dressing and a corn casserole both made of cornbread. Top it off with the flour in the gravy (and a school made turkey white meat is not the moistest of meats).

No, it wasn’t food poisoning as dh and the daughter also had the turkey, dressing, gravy, and the daughter had the corn casserole.

I paid for it ALL night long. My guts rolled and groaned and while it wasn't diarrhea, it was danged close. Yesterday, focusing on JUST hydration..beef broth instead of my morning coffee and for me to NOT start my day with coffee is a huge deal.

My take away from this...don't assume something you eat won't bite you in the butt later. Even if it's never bothered you before.

LW 148
TW 149

Bounced back to 149 this week. House guests are here so I’m trying my best to stick with the normal eating routine, but it’s been a bit rough. My mother is Italian... nearly everything she wants to cook is carbs layered on carbs, and even though she has eaten with me 70 times since my surgery my portions still confuse her - I get— what’s the matter you don’t like it. She is here for another 2 weeks so maybe the extended stay will help her come around.

LW 148
TW 149

Bounced back to 149 this week. House guests are here so I’m trying my best to stick with the normal eating routine, but it’s been a bit rough. My mother is Italian... nearly everything she wants to cook is carbs layered on carbs, and even though she has eaten with me 70 times since my surgery my portions still confuse her - I get— what’s the matter you don’t like it. She is here for another 2 weeks so maybe the extended stay will help her come around.
Oh I totally get the "don't understand" and "what, you don't like it"?

And it's really hard for some to understand that how they learned and LOVE to cook is not good for others. Try to minimize your exposure by maybe eating around as many carbs as possible.

LW:135
TW:134

Even though the forecast for Thursday is 90 i roasting a Turkey! Keeping it lean and mean not to many sides. It’s been in the 70’s this past week so I Brooke out the jeans. Muffin top. must rein it in!
I am not buying any clothing...

Have a great week all Happy Thanksgiving

LW:135
TW:134

Even though the forecast for Thursday is 90 i roasting a Turkey! Keeping it lean and mean not to many sides. It’s been in the 70’s this past week so I Brooke out the jeans. Muffin top. must rein it in!
I am not buying any clothing...

Have a great week all Happy Thanksgiving
Sorry about the muffin top.
Make sure you roast with boatloads of butter. Helps it be moist. Best turkey I ever had was one my youngest half sister did and added three sticks of butter to it. Injected a total of two sticks under the skin and basted with the third.

YES, YES, YES! in the 130's finally.

whooHOO!! :leap: congratulations!

I was 152 last week and still am: I hope to get through this Holiday (or "eating") Season without gaining anything, that is my goal. :D

I paid for it ALL night long. My guts rolled and groaned and while it wasn't diarrhea, it was danged close. Yesterday, focusing on JUST hydration..beef broth instead of my morning coffee and for me to NOT start my day with coffee is a huge deal.

My take away from this...don't assume something you eat won't bite you in the butt later. Even if it's never bothered you before.

this is so true: I usually forget I ever had WLS expect when something doesn't work for me, then I have pain and much regret.

sorry you went through this, Liz. :5grouphug:

Last week 127.5
Today 126.5

I'm hungry for turkey and am doing a traditional dinner, just hubby, sis-in-law and me. Leftovers are welcome in this house!

I always wear my shirts, t's, all tops out, never tucked in. Well, this morning I was wearing gray slacks with a maroon open front cardigan so I thought I'd try tucking in my long sleeve tee I was wearing under the cardigan. It passed inspection so I went with it. Of course I had to punch a new hole in my belt because it was wayyy too big. That's a problem I'll gladly deal with!

LW 249
TW 245

So...the scale moved. But, I know I need to shake it up. We had house guests basically all week, and we're eating out a LOT. At one point I even had to tell my dad, look, you guys can go out to eat but leave me at home with my meat and cheese. For the love of God. I know he wants to treat us while he's here but it had me feeling just miserable.

Wish me luck on doing some clean eating this week

whooHOO!! :leap: congratulations!

I was 152 last week and still am: I hope to get through this Holiday (or "eating") Season without gaining anything, that is my goal. :D

this is so true: I usually forget I ever had WLS expect when something doesn't work for me, then I have pain and much regret.

sorry you went through this, Liz. :5grouphug:
Good for staying stable. Yeah, it was one miserable night. But I survived.
LW: 148
TW: 146

My new happy place -? I'll take it.
Good for you
LW: 222
TW: 221

Today is my 5 month surgiversary. It's hard to believe it's been 5 months!
LOL, it does pass in a blink of an eye...when not watching. Good for you.
Last week 127.5
Today 126.5

I'm hungry for turkey and am doing a traditional dinner, just hubby, sis-in-law and me. Leftovers are welcome in this house!

I always wear my shirts, t's, all tops out, never tucked in. Well, this morning I was wearing gray slacks with a maroon open front cardigan so I thought I'd try tucking in my long sleeve tee I was wearing under the cardigan. It passed inspection so I went with it. Of course I had to punch a new hole in my belt because it was wayyy too big. That's a problem I'll gladly deal with!
WTG on the NSV. And for the loss.
Not many of our family like turkey. We tend to do a ham instead. When it was just me and dh back long before we retired, I would get a Cornish hen and drown it in butter. He was okay with that and I didn't have too many leftovers on that. My favorite leftovers are always dressing, (homemade) cranberry sauce, and green bean casserole.
LW 249
TW 245

So...the scale moved. But, I know I need to shake it up. We had house guests basically all week, and we're eating out a LOT. At one point I even had to tell my dad, look, you guys can go out to eat but leave me at home with my meat and cheese. For the love of God. I know he wants to treat us while he's here but it had me feeling just miserable.

Wish me luck on doing some clean eating this week
Good for you.

Latest posts

Back