Sunday Weigh In (10/31/2021) Happy Halloween

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Halloween everyone. Try not to indulge in too much candy. This use to start my hardest season cause the house we lived in was part of Halloween central. We’d go thru Five, yes, FIVE huge Costco/Sam’s size bags of candy. And have very little left over. But we always seem to have the sweet tarts and the taffy left (the taffy was mine, the sweet tarts for Charles). And the indulgence didn’t stop til Christmas.

The year I was diagnosed diabetic on Dec 15th, 1997, I was in the middle of baking all my Christmas goodies. I had lots of stuff spread out over the kitchen and the dining room. That was the last year I ever did that to that extent. I still miss it even now. But being in an RV has helped, no room.

Anyway, last week 132
This week 131.
I saw my PCP on Monday for my 3 month check up, she’s not concerned with my weight loss cause I look fine. And my A1C which was a 6.2 the last time is now a 6.0. She’s pleased as punch. I want it in the 5’s. ;)

:pumpkinbanner:
wow, we have tons of Halloween Emojis, best use some of them!

Good for you Liz, an excellent report.

I do better with candy since I realized it's CANDY SEASON from about October 1 until at least Easter! and whenever I live somewhere I might have trick or treaters I buy Almond Joy or other with coconut, since I don't like it.

I haven't looked at my weight lately but I will put than on my to-do list for Monday because it's not good, and here we are with much more of the Dark Days ahead.

meanwhile:

:happyhalloween:

:pumpkinbanner:
wow, we have tons of Halloween Emojis, best use some of them!

Good for you Liz, an excellent report.

I do better with candy since I realized it's CANDY SEASON from about October 1 until at least Easter! and whenever I live somewhere I might have trick or treaters I buy Almond Joy or other with coconut, since I don't like it.

I haven't looked at my weight lately but I will put than on my to-do list for Monday because it's not good, and here we are with much more of the Dark Days ahead.

meanwhile:

:happyhalloween:
:dracula111112::happyhalloween2::witchmoon1:
I hope your’s is a good one.
I don’t count the stretch from NYD to Easter. I use that to recover from the three months prior. :pumpkin1:

Last week 199.2
This week 199

One more week before I get a week of staycation/honeydos. I usually struggle a bit with the time change so I always try to get the week of the change off in the Spring and the Fall. Work is struggling, we're shorthanded so Friday they were running 3 hours behind. Looking forward to the reprieve.

When we first got married we were extremely poor. The church food pantry we leaned on a lot got a massive shipment of Kudos candy bars and thus we got cases of them with every food basket. I don't remember the exact flavor but they had Chocolate and coconut. My taste for chocolate survived (sadly) but my tolerance for Coconut did not.

Last week 199.2
This week 199

One more week before I get a week of staycation/honeydos. I usually struggle a bit with the time change so I always try to get the week of the change off in the Spring and the Fall. Work is struggling, we're shorthanded so Friday they were running 3 hours behind. Looking forward to the reprieve.
Sounds like you are more than ready for your vacation even if it’s a stay at home one. It’s still a change of pace/change of boss. Doing good on your weight.
When we first got married we were extremely poor. The church food pantry we leaned on a lot got a massive shipment of Kudos candy bars and thus we got cases of them with every food basket. I don't remember the exact flavor but they had Chocolate and coconut. My taste for chocolate survived (sadly) but my tolerance for Coconut did not.
LOL, never heard of Kudos, must of been a regional one. Coconut is okay but not something I have to have.

Latest posts

Back