Sunday Weigh In (10/14/2018)

LW 139
TW 138

and that was after breakfast!

it's my weaning off omeprazole; the days I take one less pill I have less appetite and the tums work better if I don't eat. I've got both pepsid and zantac on my shopping list.

also, work stress is ramping up again. I am researching an herb called ashwagandha for this despite wikipedia telling me there isn't enough evidence for using it.

My appetite has been a bit hit and miss this week, and probably haven't been getting as much protein as I should.

Yesterday, I did a 12-mile hike over a ridge from Schliersee to Tegernsee in Bavaria (which said 3.5 hours but was closer to 5 or 6 - at least for me, including plenty of breaks!). Was a great workout with stunning views of the Alps from the two summits on the ridge line. I'm also enjoying the more 'polite' sun - 7 hours in full sunlight without sunscreen, and not even a little bit pink. While I was carrying myself up the 2500 feet of the uphill, I was reflecting that (a) my ~5kg/11lb bag was heavier than it needed to be (b) I should drink my water to lighten it a bit and (c) how the hell did I go around carrying an extra ~55kg/120 lbs every day? For two decades? The DS is truly a miracle.

Snapshot from Neureuth, where I had a well-earned beer and half a piece of apple streudel, looking down towards my destination, Tegernsee, and the alps behind.

44052130-1505280116282773-8238620672507510784-n.jpg

LW 139
TW 138

and that was after breakfast!

it's my weaning off omeprazole; the days I take one less pill I have less appetite and the tums work better if I don't eat. I've got both pepsid and zantac on my shopping list.

also, work stress is ramping up again. I am researching an herb called ashwagandha for this despite wikipedia telling me there isn't enough evidence for using it.
Good on the loss.
Sorry if you are still under stress.
Last week 312.2
This week 311.8
Good for you.
My appetite has been a bit hit and miss this week, and probably haven't been getting as much protein as I should.

Yesterday, I did a 12-mile hike over a ridge from Schliersee to Tegernsee in Bavaria (which said 3.5 hours but was closer to 5 or 6 - at least for me, including plenty of breaks!). Was a great workout with stunning views of the Alps from the two summits on the ridge line. I'm also enjoying the more 'polite' sun - 7 hours in full sunlight without sunscreen, and not even a little bit pink. While I was carrying myself up the 2500 feet of the uphill, I was reflecting that (a) my ~5kg/11lb bag was heavier than it needed to be (b) I should drink my water to lighten it a bit and (c) how the hell did I go around carrying an extra ~55kg/120 lbs every day? For two decades? The DS is truly a miracle.

Snapshot from Neureuth, where I had a well-earned beer and half a piece of apple streudel, looking down towards my destination, Tegernsee, and the alps behind.

44052130-1505280116282773-8238620672507510784-n.jpg

Absolutely beautiful I loved that area. Good going on the NSV's

TWA 135.4
TW 131.6

I am hanging in there. I’ve had a little bit of dizziness this past week so I am working on water and protein. I get labs late in the month. I realized that I never would have taken the professional risks I am planning to make when I was #275 and over. We are not trained to recognize our value, no matter how much we weight, especially when we are fat, but I am slowly getting it now. And I am going for it. Have blessed week everyone!

LW 150
TW 148

Not much changing. Keeping myself very busy, staying active and trying to focus on protein ... got a bit excited about carbs about 6 weeks ago, so buckling back down to veggie carbs rather than bread carbs, but then headed to Switzerland next week, so we will see how well this lasts

Last week 113
This week. 114.4

I’m still doing the hospital shuffle! I go see brother at the in-patient rehab every evening and trying to keep working on his house also. In the meantime our house has gone to the dogs (three of them ). He probably will get released Thursday and then the fun times really begin. One day at a time I keep telling myself. If I hadn’t got this extra 124 pounds off I don’t know how I could manage. I have so much more stamina now. Love my DS.

TWA 135.4
TW 131.6

I am hanging in there. I’ve had a little bit of dizziness this past week so I am working on water and protein. I get labs late in the month. I realized that I never would have taken the professional risks I am planning to make when I was #275 and over. We are not trained to recognize our value, no matter how much we weight, especially when we are fat, but I am slowly getting it now. And I am going for it. Have blessed week everyone!
The dizziness concerns me. If you still have it in a few days, call your doctor and get in to see him.
Your weight is doing great.
LW 150
TW 148

Not much changing. Keeping myself very busy, staying active and trying to focus on protein ... got a bit excited about carbs about 6 weeks ago, so buckling back down to veggie carbs rather than bread carbs, but then headed to Switzerland next week, so we will see how well this lasts
Bread in Europe is a bit different than bread here. Not as full of the fake fillers. Don't completely deny yourself, just don't go overboard.
Last week 113
This week. 114.4

I’m still doing the hospital shuffle! I go see brother at the in-patient rehab every evening and trying to keep working on his house also. In the meantime our house has gone to the dogs (three of them ). He probably will get released Thursday and then the fun times really begin. One day at a time I keep telling myself. If I hadn’t got this extra 124 pounds off I don’t know how I could manage. I have so much more stamina now. Love my DS.
Just keep taking care of yourself in all this.

Latest posts

Back