Sunday Weigh In (1/9/2022)

I has looking forward to posting (if not the learning how much I weigh part) as I am dog/house sitting where there is a scale, but I see it must have a dead battery.

how have you been feeling, Liz? good work holding steady: is losing too much still a problem do you think?

I has looking forward to posting (if not the learning how much I weigh part) as I am dog/house sitting where there is a scale, but I see it must have a dead battery.

how have you been feeling, Liz? good work holding steady: is losing too much still a problem do you think?
I’m feeling fine but I did a video chat with a friend and she’s noticed a huge loss in my face. There is no fat there. I’ve noticed the scapula bone along the back of my arm is very prominent and defined with nothing covering it but skin. In fact, the only area I have any fat, is my midsection and that’s disappearing. At 126, I’m only 5 lbs above my lowest weight ever in my adult life.

Adding fat for calories isn’t an option as I’ve reached the happy place with my system. Any more and I’ll cross over into too loose/diarrhea. I’m assuming protein is okay as I’m not seeing any signs of protein malnutrition and I eat protein as snacks. My carb intake is up but any more and my system will revolt with gas and bloat.

I seem to be in a cycle if loosing a lb, level off, then loose another, level off, this has kept up for the last few weeks. I do have my April lab order in place and may go ahead and have them pulled with my PCP’s okay if this keeps up a few more weeks.

Last week 197.0
This week 199.2

Had a couple of short days but then they stretched back out again. Most of our warehouse folks and fair portion of our drivers are out sick (we had lots of drivers catch Covid over the past few weeks so there weren't too many left to infect).

Last week who knows, probably ~174
This week 170.0

I'm up from my all time low of 163, which appeared after a non related surgery.. so I'm fine with it.. currently bmi 25.1. Before that surgery I was in the 178-182 range.

Last edited:
Last week 197.0
This week 199.2

Had a couple of short days but then they stretched back out again. Most of our warehouse folks and fair portion of our drivers are out sick (we had lots of drivers catch Covid over the past few weeks so there weren't too many left to infect).
Hopefully, they’ll all get well and get back to work and you won’t catch it.
Last week who knows, probably ~174
This week 170.0

I'm up from my all time low of 163, which appeared after a non related surgery.. so I'm fine with it.. currently bmi 25.1. Before that surgery I was in the 178-182 range.
Not bad, as long as you are comfortable.
well, it's concerning of course.

:5grouphug:
That’s why I’m breaking my own rule of weighing once a week, but then I’m not doing it during my weight LOSS phase but on the advice of my PCP.

My PCP and I chatted yesterday. She’s ordering basic labs along with a thyroid panel and cortisol. She and I discussed the Topamax so I sent a message to my neurologist suggesting I titrate down by one pill. I had noticed a difference at the 2 pill level, but not at four. So dropping to three is an option. If that doesn’t work, I’ll drop to 2. And the doc who supervises my PA suggested my metformin may need adjusted since I’ve lost weight. Well, I sent my PA a message that trying one thing at a time is my preferred method. That lets me know if it works before trying something els. I told her my goal wasn’t necessarily to gain but to stop losing.

Latest posts

Back