Sunday Weigh In (1/24/21)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
10 years ago today, I weighed 199 on my home scale just before heading to the hospital for surgery. Although I was told not to lose any weight, and I ate everything I could, I still managed to lose 3 lbs preop. I did not have a preop diet, just nothing after midnight.

Last week 141
This week on my 10 year surgiversary I weigh 141.

That‘s definitely a win in my book. Thanks to all the vets ahead of me who “made” me get the DS. Without you, I’d either be miserable and fat or just still morbidly obese.

Last week 190.6
This week 195.6
Haven't really changed anything, Bowels are running a little slow so that's probably a couple pounds of that.

10 years ago today, I weighed 199 on my home scale just before heading to the hospital for surgery. Although I was told not to lose any weight, and I ate everything I could, I still managed to lose 3 lbs preop. I did not have a preop diet, just nothing after midnight.

Last week 141
This week on my 10 year surgiversary I weigh 141.

That‘s definitely a win in my book. Thanks to all the vets ahead of me who “made” me get the DS. Without you, I’d either be miserable and fat or just still morbidly obese.
Congratulations!

So today I weighed 159.2 with my clothes on at home but weighed 156.5 on their fancy Tanita scale at the Surgeon’s office for my 18 month DS post op. I surpassed their goal and am so close to reaching my goal of 148!! I am still going to use my scale for reference here and just be pleasantly surprised at the doctor’s when I see my weight is less! A kind of reward for leaving the house..

Last edited:
So today I weighed 159.2 with my clothes on at home but weighed 156.5 on their fancy Tania scale at the Surgeon’s office for my 18 month DS post op. I surpassed their goal and am so close to reaching my goal of 148!! I am still going to use my scale for reference here and just be pleasantly surprised at the doctor’s when I see my weight is less! A kind of reward for leaving the house..
Good for you.

What I did was weigh at home dressed just as they would weigh me, after I weighed how I weigh for Sunday morning. That tells me how much my clothes/shoes weigh. I calibrate my home scale to theirs that way. That’s how I discovered last week, dressed in layers cause it was in the 20’s, that I had on 6 lbs of clothes.

So today I weighed 159.2 with my clothes on at home but weighed 156.5 on their fancy Tania scale at the Surgeon’s office for my 18 month DS post op. I surpassed their goal and am so close to reaching my goal of 148!! I am still going to use my scale for reference here and just be pleasantly surprised at the doctor’s when I see my weight is less! A kind of reward for leaving the house..
Glad you are doing so well

last week 136
this week 136.8

that's OK because I spend the weekend eating so much of the wrong food it's amazing I didn't gain 10 pounds.

but I'm back to eating much healthier and I find when I eat the right stuff the amount doesn't matter. I mean, long term.

last week 136
this week 136.8

that's OK because I spend the weekend eating so much of the wrong food it's amazing I didn't gain 10 pounds.

but I'm back to eating much healthier and I find when I eat the right stuff the amount doesn't matter. I mean, long term.
Good for you. Sometimes indulging is exactly what is needed.

Latest posts

Back