Sunday Weigh In (1/20/2019)

Last few weeks: 141-150! My weight bloated up over the holidays by eating every carb in sight.
I am on backtrack with DS eating and my weight is headed back down.

TW: 145

Still no scales...skinny jeans still fit so not worried, though.

Rainy here since midweek, so not as much walking - though still as much coffee and pastry-ing. I did do the Colosseum and the Forum/Palatine Hill this week, which was amazing. Not to mention the street cat sanctuary where Julius Caesar was killed at Largo di Torre Argentina.

10 more days left here in Rome - Vatican museums on Monday afternoon given it'll be raining, and a day trip to Pompeii the week after. The good news is I will (hopefully) be back to Italy, as I've decided to apply for the PhD program in Milan. Long process (applications are formally in April/May, decisions in July and start November) but fingers crossed.

Three weeks ago which is last time I posted, I think: 113
Today: 113. I think I went up a pound or two or three in between but the greatness of this DS life is that as soon as I cut out the bad stuff (in this case Christmas sweets) I level off and back to what seems to be my current normal.

Still no scales...skinny jeans still fit so not worried, though.

Rainy here since midweek, so not as much walking - though still as much coffee and pastry-ing. I did do the Colosseum and the Forum/Palatine Hill this week, which was amazing. Not to mention the street cat sanctuary where Julius Caesar was killed at Largo di Torre Argentina.

10 more days left here in Rome - Vatican museums on Monday afternoon given it'll be raining, and a day trip to Pompeii the week after. The good news is I will (hopefully) be back to Italy, as I've decided to apply for the PhD program in Milan. Long process (applications are formally in April/May, decisions in July and start November) but fingers crossed.
So what is your field of study gonna be?

And glad your skinny jeans still fit!
TW: 236.4
LW: 239.8

Nausea seems a little better this weekend!
Glad the nausea is better. That’s miserable. Good job on the weight.

Last Week 269.2
This Week 273.2
Found the 5 pounds that inexplicably vanished on weigh in day last week.
NSV: I am back in the wedding ring I "outgrew" last year. The replacement had been getting loose so I knew the time was coming, was washing my hands on Friday and launched it so I figured it was time now.

So what is your field of study gonna be?

Broadly, the application of design/innovation approaches to government policymaking. It'd be an opportunity to think a bit more academically and reflect on a lot of the practical work I've been doing for the last seven or so years. We'll see how it goes!

Last Week 269.2
This Week 273.2
Found the 5 pounds that inexplicably vanished on weigh in day last week.
NSV: I am back in the wedding ring I "outgrew" last year. The replacement had been getting loose so I knew the time was coming, was washing my hands on Friday and launched it so I figured it was time now.
When it gets too big, WAIT until you are 18 months to 2 years out to resize. Resizing too often damages the integrity of the metal.
You are what, 3 weeks out about now? If so, read this thread: https://bariatricfacts.org/threads/the-three-week-stall.743/
Broadly, the application of design/innovation approaches to government policymaking. It'd be an opportunity to think a bit more academically and reflect on a lot of the practical work I've been doing for the last seven or so years. We'll see how it goes!
Interesting field of study. Have fun.

It's Titanium so resizing isn't an option. Fortunately I can get passable ones on Amazon for about $20 (that's where I got the upsized replacement. Once I settle into a maintenance weight for a few months then I will start thinking about spending money on a permanent replacement.

LW 146
TW 146

Staying pretty study
Lab work came back. My D has been a continuous battle even pre-op- no change there. And this round has my copper and zinc are low and, as expected, my A1C is <3.5. Other than that my blood is looking beautiful

It's Titanium so resizing isn't an option. Fortunately I can get passable ones on Amazon for about $20 (that's where I got the upsized replacement. Once I settle into a maintenance weight for a few months then I will start thinking about spending money on a permanent replacement.
Due to the design on ours, we had to get replacements. Resizing wasn’t an option for us either.
LW 146
TW 146

Staying pretty study
Lab work came back. My D has been a continuous battle even pre-op- no change there. And this round has my copper and zinc are low and, as expected, my A1C is <3.5. Other than that my blood is looking beautiful
Good for you. How “bad” is your D? How much are you currently taking and what brand/dosage?

Copper and Zinc fight each other so you need to find a balance to get them to mid normal.

My D has always beeen around 20-25ish. It’s currently at 18. I do biotech dry 50000 2/day and a d2 2x a week also. I just upped the d from daily to twice about 4 weeks ago

The zinc and copper aren’t crazy low- copper is lower than zinc. (Copper is at 60 lab ref is 80-155. Zinc is 51 ref 60-120). Not sure the best way to supplement them so they don’t fight each other since the are both running low.

Latest posts

Back