Sometimes it works out

Georgepds

Sometimes it works out

Just got the bill from the hospital for the DS done 6 months ago.

Came to ~$30,000.... my cost, $205..... whew

As to weight loss... well I went from a BMI of~50 on Jan of 2018 to ~30 today..... still losing

The work was done in two parts, a VSG in May of 18,and a DS in May of 19

I paid 10k cash for mine. Probaby wound up with a total cost of 13k by the time airfare, passports, meals for my companion and other incidentals are included (my insurance excludes WLS, but would happily give me a free glucose monitor and strips for life once my type 2 diabetes had progressed that far :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Sometimes it works out

Just got the bill from the hospital for the DS done 6 months ago.

Came to ~$30,000.... my cost, $205..... whew

As to weight loss... well I went from a BMI of~50 on Jan of 2018 to ~30 today..... still losing

The work was done in two parts, a VSG in May of 18,and a DS in May of 19
Congratulations! 50 to 30 BMI is a HUGE deal!!!! Wow! :) You must have a fantastic insurance policy. Lots of blessings to count!

I wonder why it was done in 2 days 1 after another. Im guessing surgeon fatigue on the first day

I wonder why it was done in 2 days 1 after another. Im guessing surgeon fatigue on the first day
You must be on MY drugs today. It was done in different YEARS!

Sometimes, the surgeons feel they eliminate risk by having the SUPER MO drop a hundred pounds or so before the rearrangement. I’ve even met patients who had a band for a year and then the RnY. HOWEVER...some insurances won’t play that game.

Sometimes, the surgeons feel they eliminate risk by having the SUPER MO drop a hundred pounds or so before the rearrangement. I’ve even met patients who had a band for a year and then the RnY. HOWEVER...some insurances won’t play that game.
I saw it as over two days as well not recognizing it was 2018 and 2019!

Wow i sure did misunderstand what was said. Im glad you pointed that out. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how they did it over 2 days

Latest posts

Back