Some ideas for those on clears or at liquid stage

writegirl

Work in Progress
Hey folks--I happened upon this video series of recipe ideas for anyone on clears or liquids pre or post op. It's developed by a bariatric patient and geared toward bariatric patients. There are other videos to support recipes into the soft/pureed stage as well. Some good ideas here and in the other videos by this same producer:

Clear liquids are anything you can see thru. No recipes needed. Full liquids are anything that are liquid or turn to liquid in the mouth. Ice pops or jello fit this category. Watch things that are sugar free, esp anything ending in -itol. Fastest way to discover what "chemical shit storm" is.

Soft foods, stick to meats (tuna with mayo, chopped chicken with mayo, possibly egg salad, shrimp.

Looking at the stuff on that counter in the video, it's mostly carbs...carrots, eggplant, cauliflower.

You want to stick to whey isolate, (egg protein or soy protein) and NOT the protein drinks that Boyce sells. Make them with water or HWC.

Clear liquids are anything you can see thru. No recipes needed. Full liquids are anything that are liquid or turn to liquid in the mouth. Ice pops or jello fit this category. Watch things that are sugar free, esp anything ending in -itol. Fastest way to discover what "chemical shit storm" is.

Soft foods, stick to meats (tuna with mayo, chopped chicken with mayo, possibly egg salad, shrimp.

Yes, but "clears" can also be homemade broths, so recipes might come in handy for some.

Looking at the stuff on that counter in the video, it's mostly carbs...carrots, eggplant, cauliflower.

You want to stick to whey isolate, (egg protein or soy protein) and NOT the protein drinks that Boyce sells. Make them with water or HWC.

Yes, I thought the same, but she does discuss the importance of adding proteins to your base either through meat that is boiled with the other items and blended (for soft/puree stage), or adding protein powders. I thought it looked useful, but maybe I'm way off base there.

Honestly, I think you will be surprised how little you're interested in anything to do with food. For me and many people, drinking/eating post-op was a chore. Everything tasted funky, so it was a case of getting sustenance over with ASAP. I also bought a lot of stuff before surgery to 'prepare', most of which ended up in the rubbish bin.

Latest posts

Back