SoCal (natives never say “Cali”) Vitamin D

Close... but the r at the end betrays you. I sentence you to watching the departed and good will hunting

Darn! I should know better. And my late FIL was a Southie. When I met my husband, I wondered why a guy from Baja Indiana kept saying “dollah” and “quatah.” Then I met my FIL.

I had a friend in college from Newton MA. He not only dropped his Rs in the Boston accent, he added some to words like drawring and gnawring. I declared it Newton’s Law of Conservation of Rs.

I had a friend in college from Newton MA. He not only dropped his Rs in the Boston accent, he added some to words like drawring and gnawring. I declared it Newton’s Law of Conservation of Rs.
My cousins were raised in Newton! You're spot on regarding Conservation of R's. They are removed and appended in equal measure there. It's not just about taking the r's away. My dad had a thick Boston accent (he grew up in Brookline). When I was a child, I thought that pancakes were flipped with spatulers and we would go on car trips to Canader...

Latest posts

Back