Shoulder pain resolved with band removal

VDLT

VSG October 2015
For the last decade I experienced excruciating left shoulder pain that several surgeons refused to acknowledge was band related until a few years ago. I am happy to report for anyone out there in a similar situation that my pain resolved with my band removal. I was concerned the nerve damage was permanent but I am thrilled to report it does not seem that way. That alone has made my revision worth it.

Thank you. It is such a relief both physically and mentally. I waited these 5 weeks to make sure it was truly gone and it is.
I was banded a few months after the end of the trials and seems they knew so little about the band when they started putting them in. I read all I could find at the time and it all seemed so good.

Thank you. It is such a relief both physically and mentally. I waited these 5 weeks to make sure it was truly gone and it is.
I was banded a few months after the end of the trials and seems they knew so little about the band when they started putting them in. I read all I could find at the time and it all seemed so good.

Oh yeah, the band sounded like a really wonderful thing to me too. Wish I had known then what I know now... *sigh*
I'm happy that it's behind both of us now... and really glad to hear that pain has resolved. Stupid crap band! ugh.

@VDLT Me too. I know I researched the band a long time and it was well after trials but you would have thought it was the BIG answer. Especially when people are timid about malabsorption. But, if I hadn't chosen the band it would have been RNY, which isn't bad, but knowing how regain can happen I'm glad now I can get a DS. I had my band out 5 years ago and had the sleeve, thinking it was the new answer. I now know that I have to have malabsorption. And even though it will be my third surgery, I feel everything happens for a reason. (*big sigh*)

very interesting that your shoulder pain is gone! that is wonderful. I too want to extol the virtues of the CROPLAND! I am yet another who is happy to have given it up and thrilled with the DS.

Thank you all! I am glad we have all moved on. I was 28 and right under a 40 bmi with no comorbidities so the band seemed like the best option. I try not to regret it because it did work for me for a period of time. Plus I am really glad I didn't get RNY the more I learn about it. So far the VSG seems to be what the band promised to be. I have been eating reduced portions. Fingers crossed that it does the trick.

Latest posts

Back